“Would return for the restaurant”

Boston Marriott Burlington
Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Burlington
GreenLeadersSilver level
Brandon, Vermont
“Would return for the restaurant”
Reviewed December 28, 2012

I had a very decent experience with the staff. No one gushed over my gold elite status but they did honor my request for the quietest room available. I also was given an early arrival/late check-out. The star of the property is Summer/Winter, the restaurant. I enjoyed the earthy setting, guitar music and of course the food. The bar area was busy but didn't intrude on the dining area(s) just steps away. Much to my delight, an outlet mall is located right behind the hotel. The huge Burlington Mall is down the road. I would stay here again without hesitation.

Room Tip: I would ask for a room away from the highway.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Marri0ttBurlington, General Manager at Boston Marriott Burlington, responded to this review, January 2, 2013
Thank you so much for your loyalty to the Marriott Brand and the Boston Marriott Burlington. We are delighted you have had multiple opportunities to stay with us while traveling to the area. Our central location puts you close to area shopping and attractions and we are happy to learn you enjoyed that aspect of your stay. We appreciate your kind comments and look forward to welcoming you back the next time you are in the area.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (163)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Lewiston, Maine
Reviewed December 21, 2012

We were delighted with an unexpected upgrade to a very comfortable suite. As always, Summer Winter restaurant was delightful. Pool, sauna, gyms were wonderful. The shuttle ran at all hours and in all directions. Early check-in was no problem. If you can't find what you want in the massive mall, hotel personnel can send you to whatever you want.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for sharing your experiences with us. We are delighted you were able to enjoy your time here and were able to utilize many of our onsite amenities. It would be wonderful to welcome you back to the Boston Marriott Burlington again soon.
Markham, Canada
Reviewed December 21, 2012

A good night's sleep is the most important part of why you stay in a hotel. The Marriott has pillows with thick metal zippers on the side. If you don't move at all during the night, I guess you are fine, but if you adjust your pillows in the middle of the night, you can expect to wake up with scratches all over your hands and arms.

The room itself was cold, but since I was on the ground floor, it was constantly cold, despite the temperature of the thermostat. The room I had was a king bed room, and was spacious, clean, and had a good layout for plugging in your computer, blackberry, etc. I should mention that you enter the hotel on the 3rd floor, which means the 1st floor room is essentially underground. You can see light, but there is no view since the ground slopes from the upper floors to your room. You would think water would eventually leak into the room because of this, but there didn't seem to be any issues.

I had one dinner at the restaurant, Summer Winter, and this was pretty good. The prices were pretty high, but again the quality was good. Internet was $12.95 plus taxes, and it was pretty slow given that price. Marriott needs to re-examine the value to the customer for this.

There was free parking, easy access to the highway, and fast and efficient service. If not for the pillows, I would rate it a solid four stars.

Room Tip: Choose an upper floor, for a better view
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
It is disappointing to learn your stay was not as you had expected. Our team is available to assist our guest with any concerns they may have during their stay. It appears we did not have the opportunity to address your concerns with the pillows and room temperature and we regret any inconvenience you may have experienced. For future stays, please do not hesitate to reach out to us so we can address any concerns and get you back to enjoying your time here.
Reviewed December 17, 2012 via mobile

I don't agree with these negative reviews. For the Burlington area this is a real decent hotel. I agree that the front desk staff is a bit cold. My Platinum status is rarely acknowledged. I always need to request a different room. I have stayed on every floor of this hotel from the 4th floor up. I know where I like to stay. I got no response from the front desk when I had a legitimate complaint. However the people who work in the concierge lounge are wonderful. The bell hop is also great. It is nice to have the option of 2 places to eat along with room service after a long day working. Again there are not many hotels in the Burlington area offering that. I really wish the front desk staff were more friendly. I stay at this hotel for more than 60 nights a year but the front desk does not seem to realize it.

Stayed October 2012
Marri0ttBurlington, General Manager at Boston Marriott Burlington, responded to this review, December 21, 2012
Your continued loyalty to the Boston Marriott Burlington is truly appreciated. We are disappointed to learn your overall experience was not as you expected and we regret any inconvenience you may have experienced. We will share your feedback with the team as we refresh our commitment to our customers. We appreciate you bringing these issues to our attention and we hope to welcome you back and enjoy the Boston Marriott Burlington hotel from a renewed perspective.
Needham, Massachusetts
Reviewed December 7, 2012

We recently stayed at this property and because we have platinun status were allowed to use the lounge on the 8th floor. The people were wonderful but unfortunatly the people who prepare the food let them down.

They had prepared some sort of egg roll and crab ragoon which was so badly cooked that you had trouble bitting into it. To have good service and horrible food is a waste of effort. It is bad enough that the food has been cut back but even worse when it is not cooked right.

Wake up Marriott

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Marri0ttBurlington, General Manager at Boston Marriott Burlington, responded to this review, December 12, 2012
Thank you for sharing your experiences with us. We are delighted to learn your interactions with the team members were great and we appreciate your comments. Feedback such as yours helps us to improve in our services and we truly regret any inconvenience you may have experienced. It would be wonderful to welcome you back to enjoy our hotel from a new perspective.
Burlington, Vermont
Reviewed December 3, 2012

My wife and I stayed here for a weekend trip to Boston. I concur with other reviews that staff need training in customer service.
As we arrived at the main entrance with our hands full of luggage, I noticed the bellman busy texting on his phone. He totally ignored us and several other guests and offered no assistance with the door or their luggage. This should have been my first omen.
The check-in clerk was prompt and assigned us a room. She never acknowledge my Marriott status or offer an upgraded room or amenities.
The room itself was dark and dingy. Not much room to move around with all the furniture. The bed was comfortable and we were grateful that it was quiet. We were situated at the end of the hallway which made it quieter than other rooms.
We ordered room service one morning and they delivered only one meal. I called guest services and they seemed to know all about it? The next meal was delivered 15 minutes later. No apology as my wife and I both ate our meals separately.
The restaurant on-site was crowded and we were advised 1/2 wait for dinner. We ended up sitting at the bar and had some great appetizers and dinner. The prices are much to high for what you get. Dinner entrees were very small and everything is a la carte.There are plenty of good restaurants nearby that will save you some money.
The hallways definitely could have used some vacuuming. This is one of those typical older Marriott's that is in need of a makeover.
I explained the mix-up with room service at check-out and the clerk did apologize and offered to buy me a cup of coffee. Not a good recovery.
Should have stayed at the Doubletree in Bedford. Stayed here before and much nicer than this place.

Room Tip: Rooms ending in either 01,02,03,04 are much quieter at the end of a hallway. Some higher up, south f...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
We are disappointed to learn your stay with us was not as you expected. Our commitment to our customers is our highest priority and we thank you for bringing these points to our attention. We will share your comments with the team as we continue to ensure our guests are our highest priority. We hope you have the opportunity to visit us again soon so we can renew your trust. Thank you.
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed November 27, 2012

I was introduced by a Platinum member to stay at the hotel. The front desk girls need a boot camp in customer service. This is the worst Marriott globally. I hope to General Manager to pay attention to this review.

Room Tip: Do not stay at Burlington Marriott, Courtyard is a much better deal.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank charmasia
Marri0ttBurlington, General Manager at Boston Marriott Burlington, responded to this review, December 5, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to share your perspective with us. It is disappointing to learn your interactions with the team were not as you expected and we regret any inconvenience you may have experienced. Your comments will be shared as we refresh our commitment to our customers. We hope you have the opportunity to visit us again soon so we can renew your trust.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Burlington
HYATT house Boston/Burlington
Hilton Garden Inn Burlington
Sonesta ES Suites Burlington
Candlewood Suites Boston-Burlington
DoubleTree Hotel Boston/Bedford Glen
Crowne Plaza Boston Woburn

Been to Boston Marriott Burlington? Share your experiences!