“"Pretty good stay"”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Toronto, Canada
“"Pretty good stay"”
Reviewed November 9, 2012

We stayed at the Marriott Burlington for 3 nights and other than inconveniences at the front desk and long lines for breakfast, we cannot fault the hotel . The front desk situation needs to improve or else this hotel will start losing customers. The woman at the front desk had no clue what she was doing and gave us the key to the wrong room..3 times!!. On the bright side, rooms are very clean and staff friendly. We haven't tried the restaurant or pub but they seemed pretty empty at dinnertime. No wonder with the plenty of choices outside of the hotel.
All in all, if we are ever again in the Burlington area, we would probably stay again if they hire some kinowledgeable front desk staff.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Marri0ttBurlington, General Manager at Boston Marriott Burlington, responded to this review, November 15, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to share your experiences with us. We regret any inconvenience you may have encountered while checking in. We hope to welcome you back to the Boston Marriott Burlington to enjoy some time at Fitzwilliams Irish Pub as well as Summer Winter restaurant.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (162)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
New York, New York, United States
Reviewed November 5, 2012

My stay, starting on October 21st, encompassed many unfortunate encounters at the Burlington Marriott. One or two things are easy to let go but from my perspective this hotel did not value me or my business.

Some of the issues I had are below:
1) The front desk staff was cavalier about my needs, and told me they didn't have time to help. 2) The service in the restaurants for dinner and breakfast was slow and clearly not focused on the guest.
3) The fitness facility was in dire need of a cleaning.
4) A package delivered for me was held for 24 hrs without me being notified
5) I was never offered help with my bags.
6) My room was frequently incompletely cleaned.

There were some highlights:
1) The breakfast buffet was amazing and delicious
2) The beds were very comfortable
3) The in-room WiFi was fast and reliable

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
While we are delighted you were able to enjoy our breakfast buffet as well the comfortable bed and Wi-Fi, it is extremely disheartening to learn your entire stay was not as you expected. Your comments will be reviewed with the team to ensure our commitment to customer service is our highest priority. We apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced during your stay. We hope to welcome you back soon to experience our hotel again so we can renew your trust.
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed November 5, 2012

Front desk staff had zero personality, I waited 15 minutes to check in as there was a line of people ahead of me requesting taxis, directions and such. Why does a hotel of this magnitude not have a concierge available particularly at 7pm on a Saturday night?

Although I am a Marriott gold level customer, my request of high level room away from elevator was not acknowledged. I was given a room at ground level, asked to move and yes, had to wait in the 15 minute line at front desk again to be treated like I was being difficult, despite the request on my original reservation.

Second room on 5th floor was very small, poorly disguised as renovated with brown paint on doors and bathroom cabinetry. Bathroom was not as clean as I expect. Overall I would not choose this Marriott again- it is the least impressive Marriott property I've stayed at and I've accumulated over 80 night stays in the last 2 years.

• Stayed November 2012
1 Thank mommyneedsavaca
Thank you for sharing your perspective with us. We appreciate you bringing these points to our attention. Feedback such as yours helps us to improve in our services and we regret any difficulties you may have experienced while here. Thank you and we hope to welcome you back to enjoy our hotel from a renewed perspective.
Connecticut
Reviewed November 3, 2012

I stayed here while on business. The hotel was clean and had all the amenities you need. It was in a safe, good location with restaurants and stores and highway close by. I would stay again if in the area.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Marri0ttBurlington, General Manager at Boston Marriott Burlington, responded to this review, November 5, 2012
It is great that you were able to enjoy the convenient location of our hotel while in the area on business. We are delighted you were able to easily access area restaurants and stores during your stay. Thank you and we hope to welcome you back to the Boston Marriott Burlington again soon.
Berlin, Germany
Reviewed October 30, 2012

I was only planning to stay one night here for a quick meeting, but then Hurricane Sandy came and I needed to extend my stay. We can talk about hotels regarding amenities, facilities, and rooms, but on these occasions its about the service. The staff was friendly, upbeat, energetic, and willing to help out with any need. Everything ran on schedule. And they dutifully worked through every request -- I heard someone over breakfast asking about a microwave! Personally, I ran into a problem that my office nearby was closed. A quick trip to the desk, a chat with the facilities manager, and I was offered a room for a 4 hour meeting.

I have stayed here before, and while good experiences would not have given a 5 star rating. But today they earned it and deserved it. Thanks.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for sharing your experiences with us. We are happy to learn we were able to provide you accommodations during the time Hurricane Sandy hit the area. It is great that we were able to assist you with a conference room while you were here at the Boston Marriott Burlington. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back soon.
Berkeley Springs, West Virginia
Reviewed October 25, 2012

My usual Courtyard in Cambridge was booked (Head of the Charles weekend) so this was my second choice. Still an easy drive to Arlington for my weekend workshop.

Beautiful hotel, typical Marriott rooms and furnishings, always comfy beds and I adore the comforters. My first night was interrupted by a fire alarm at 2am - a real fire on the second floor outside the restaurant. Hotel staff and the Burlington Fire Department did a first rate job and 45 minutes later we were back into our rooms.

Second night, a crowd of folks decided to have a very loud gathering outside the Lobby's front door by the valet parking stand. I was on the eight floor (Concierge Floor) and could tell you what they were discussing. After 30 minutes of listening to the screaming and yelling I called the front desk as was told another guest had complained as well and they were sending someone out to quiet things down, which they did.

On check out I mentioned that I felt the front desk should have done something about the noise without guests complaining, and the morning desk clerk was shocked that security hadn't been called prior to any complaints. She very kindly offered to put 10,000 points into my account as a way of saying sorry. I felt this was a very kind thing to do, especially since Marriott didn't even offer us a free drink or cup of coffee for the fire alarm the night before.

Summer Winter restaurant was OK for dinner. I was a bit disappointed that the food wasn't more flavorful. Fitzwilliams Pub was incredibly loud and the pub itself could use a face lift.

Over all this is great hotel, easy to access and close shopping if that's your thing. I'd recommend asking for a room that faces away from the front parking lot.

Room Tip: If you want peace and quiet, ask for a room away from the front parking lot.
1 Thank Herbal-Gypsy
Marri0ttBurlington, General Manager at Boston Marriott Burlington, responded to this review, October 29, 2012
It is great that you were able to enjoy your accommodations as well as the central location of the Boston Marriott Burlington. Your patience during the evacuation of the hotel is appreciated as the safety of our guests is our first priority. Thank you for sharing these points with us as it helps us to improve in our customer service. It would be our pleasure to welcome you back the next time you are in the area.
Boulder, Colorado
Reviewed October 25, 2012

As Marriott Platinum, we were able to check in at 9 AM on Oct. 19. Nice room on top floor. Good bed. good bathroom. Good concierge lounge. Would recommend this Marriott.
Only downside was the 2 AM fire and evacuation. Fire apparently was in second floor restaurant and adjoining greenhouse. Excellent Burlington FD came immediately and entire affair was over in an hour. Evacuation process was good, although the re-entry process was not so well organized.
Staff at front desk at 3 AM was quite rude (maybe understandable given combo of working night shift
and stress of the evacuation). Said fire was not hotels fault (it obviously was) and no compensation or apology was due. We complained to Marriott and their response was quite satisfactory to us.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Your continued loyalty to the Marriott Brand is appreciated. While we are delighted you enjoyed your accommodations and amenities, we truly regret any inconvenience you may have experienced during your stay. Your patience while we worked to ensure all of our guests safety is appreciated. Thank you and we hope you have the opportunity to visit us again soon.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Burlington
HYATT house Boston/Burlington
Hilton Garden Inn Burlington
Sonesta ES Suites Burlington
Candlewood Suites Boston-Burlington
Crowne Plaza Boston Woburn
DoubleTree Hotel Boston/Bedford Glen

Been to Boston Marriott Burlington? Share your experiences!