“Lovely meal”

Chopps American Bar and Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
Chopps American Bar and Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #12 of 127 Restaurants in Burlington
Good for: Business meetings, Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Cambridge Street (Rt 3A)
Description: Whether you are looking for a casual dinner and a glass of wine in the bar and lounge area or you are dining in the warm and sumptuous surroundings of our multiple dining rooms, Chopps American Bar and Grille provides just what you are looking for.
Reviewed August 19, 2014

Lovely meal at Chopps. Had the pork shumai as an appetizer and the 6oz filet with grilled asparagus for the meal. Also, a margarita and the sampler for dessert. Everything was lovely - food was delicious and artfully presented, waitstaff was terrific.

Reviewed August 17, 2014

My sister and I stayed at the Marriott as a girl's weekend. We live far apart and wanted some time together. The restaurant and lobby are very beautiful and we just wanted a nice meal without having to leave the property, not expecting much from a hotel restaurant other than a good burger. We were blown away by the food!! Friday night we had Maine Jonah crab cakes and flash fried scallops and shrimp for appys. WOW!! Great taste and cooked to perfection. The waiter convinced us to try the American wagyu burger. I've eaten many a burger in my day and wasn't even that hungry at that point, but we could not put that burger down when it arrived! It was incredibly good!!

Saturday night, even though there are a plethora of nearby restaurants, we both agreed we wanted to go back to Chopps! We started again with the crab cakes, and I had a shrimp cocktail. The shrimp were nicely chilled and firm - no sloppy limp shrimp, and came with a great dipping sauce. I've had a hankering for a really good shrimp cocktail for quite a while and this hit all my high notes! Then came the main course. I had the filet mignon, an old standby and it lived up to its reputation. However, my sister had the NY strip cooked medium. I kid you not, the best piece of meat we ever tasted. Seriously. Cooked to absolute perfection the whole way through, and bursting with flavour and tenderness!! The beef stood alone on the plate without anything else to cover the taste. Mouth watering. We savored every bite. We had sides of mashed potatoes, asparagus and carrots, and they were all good but beside the point. The beef is the star. I hope Chopps does well!!

We ate in the restaurant space in the back. It has nice atmosphere and very relaxing. A DJ starts (?10 maybe) and the music is played through the speakers but I didn't find it too loud and I'm guessing they could always turn the speakers off out back. Up front in the bar area, yes it is louder as they are appealing to a different crowd.

Lastly, you get what you pay for and this restaurant is pricey. If you are looking for a special dinner with really, really good food and service, this is the place. On my budget, it is not a place I can eat out every weekend, but a special place for a special occasion.

The wait staff have been trained well and are pretty knowledgeable about the food and seemed to have tasted it all, which is important.

Reviewed August 12, 2014

As expected, the hotel's restaurant lives up to the Marriott reputation. The food is very tasty, and the staff goes out of their way to make certain your dining experience is all you hoped it would be.

2  Thank gennaro5684
Reviewed July 28, 2014

The loud music killed the atmosphere. Nevertheless the service was impeccable and the food presentation original. It was good but a little behind what we had experienced the evening before at Harrison's Restaurant in Stowe.

2 : 6 oz Filet with 1 side and 1 glass of wine : $73.00 (before tax and gratuities)

Reviewed July 22, 2014

Breakfast buffet was great. Service was prompt & courteous. We went for drinks one night & the bartender was also great.