“Good food and service, big improvements”

Chopps American Bar and Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
Chopps American Bar and Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #12 of 128 Restaurants in Burlington
Good for: Large groups, Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Cambridge Street (Rt 3A)
Description: Whether you are looking for a casual dinner and a glass of wine in the bar and lounge area or you are dining in the warm and sumptuous surroundings of our multiple dining rooms, Chopps American Bar and Grille provides just what you are looking for.
Reviewed April 15, 2014

Most of the reviews are quite old here and date back to when this place was in transition during the remodel at the Burlington Marriott. I stay in this hotel often for business. I have noticed a great improvement in Chopps since it opened.the menu has expanded and the food quality is much better than over the winter. Ate here tonight. Meal starts off with warm chive bread. I had the wedge salad with picked onions and the short rib with asparagus. All were delicious. Service was attentive. There are pots of flowers decorating the deck that can be viewed through the windows. I have also eaten brunch here on weekends. It is a nice spread. If there is a large group at the hotel then it can get a bit noisy. They do however have small rooms to the side to be seated where it is more quiet. Overall this place is greatly improved.

1  Thank Paula S

Reviewed March 5, 2014 via mobile

Always had a problem with my steak being cooked as requested when it was summer / winter. So at a recent stay I tried out the new bar. / restaurant at Chopps. I always sit at the bar and eat. Service at the bar has always been very good. I asked if there was a new chef to go with the new digs. Bartender told me yes and that they know how to cook steaks ...,Wrong...I ordered my Filet medium with a cup of clam chowder. The chowder although good was mostly potatoes, the steak look alright when I first started to eat it but as I got further into it....it was raw. To bad it was a nice looking piece of meat... Good quality. Bartender offered me a new one but I said I was all set.
They did comp it. Love the hotel but I think next time I'll stick with the great Mexican place down the street .

1  Thank James L
david v, Manager at Chopps American Bar and Grill, responded to this reviewResponded March 6, 2014

James,

My name is David, I'm sorry you had a bad experience here at the restaurant. I am the new Chef started a couple of months ago. Please except my invitation back to the restaurant and I can assure you that you will have the steak you intended to have, on us.

David Verdo

Reviewed October 20, 2013

We took a large party here for a birthday celebration in August. The waiter, Ian, brought us the menus, left them on the table while we ate our appetizers, and then disappeared. We went to ask for him and after a long time the bartender came to take our orders. He left out a couple of our guests and disappeared too. We waited over an hour for our entrees and when they eventually arrived, after numerous requests, the waiter never checked on us. What a disappointing way to spend a birthday, especially since the food was quite good. We will not return.

1  Thank Ardee3
Reviewed October 18, 2013

Poorly prepared Kobe burger that was overlooked and too dry to eat. I knew we should have gone out for dinner rather than eat in the hotel.

1  Thank JohnZOhio
Reviewed August 20, 2013

I often travel to Burlington on business and stay at the Marriott. I used to look forward to eating at Summer-Winter. But the last two times I stayed at the Marriott I was really disappointed in the food at Summer-Winter. The menu is boring and the food mediocre In my last stay I notice they had added game hen back on the menu. It was disappointing. So was the trout I had the next night. The next night I ordered a cheeseburger. It was pretty average. I could get a better burger at Five Guys. I didn't go back the next night nor will I go back again.

1  Thank YNCS_Ret