“Need new chef”

Chopps American Bar and Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
Chopps American Bar and Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #13 of 123 Restaurants in Burlington
Good for: Large groups, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Cambridge Street (Rt 3A)
Description: Whether you are looking for a casual dinner and a glass of wine in the bar and lounge area or you are dining in the warm and sumptuous surroundings of our multiple dining rooms, Chopps American Bar and Grille provides just what you are looking for.
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Need new chef”
Reviewed March 5, 2014 via mobile

Always had a problem with my steak being cooked as requested when it was summer / winter. So at a recent stay I tried out the new bar. / restaurant at Chopps. I always sit at the bar and eat. Service at the bar has always been very good. I asked if there was a new chef to go with the new digs. Bartender told me yes and that they know how to cook steaks ...,Wrong...I ordered my Filet medium with a cup of clam chowder. The chowder although good was mostly potatoes, the steak look alright when I first started to eat it but as I got further into it....it was raw. To bad it was a nice looking piece of meat... Good quality. Bartender offered me a new one but I said I was all set.
They did comp it. Love the hotel but I think next time I'll stick with the great Mexican place down the street .

1 Thank James L
david v, Manager at Chopps American Bar and Grill, responded to this review, March 6, 2014
James,

My name is David, I'm sorry you had a bad experience here at the restaurant. I am the new Chef started a couple of months ago. Please except my invitation back to the restaurant and I can assure you that you will have the steak you intended to have, on us.

David Verdo

Boston, MA
“Good food poor service”
Reviewed October 20, 2013

We took a large party here for a birthday celebration in August. The waiter, Ian, brought us the menus, left them on the table while we ate our appetizers, and then disappeared. We went to ask for him and after a long time the bartender came to take our orders. He left out a couple of our guests and disappeared too. We waited over an hour for our entrees and when they eventually arrived, after numerous requests, the waiter never checked on us. What a disappointing way to spend a birthday, especially since the food was quite good. We will not return.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank Ardee3
Ohio
“New cook....need a new one again”
Reviewed October 18, 2013

Poorly prepared Kobe burger that was overlooked and too dry to eat. I knew we should have gone out for dinner rather than eat in the hotel.

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank JohnZOhio
Raynham, Massachusetts
“It's sad how this restaurant has gone down.”
Reviewed August 20, 2013

I often travel to Burlington on business and stay at the Marriott. I used to look forward to eating at Summer-Winter. But the last two times I stayed at the Marriott I was really disappointed in the food at Summer-Winter. The menu is boring and the food mediocre In my last stay I notice they had added game hen back on the menu. It was disappointing. So was the trout I had the next night. The next night I ordered a cheeseburger. It was pretty average. I could get a better burger at Five Guys. I didn't go back the next night nor will I go back again.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank YNCS_Ret
Ontario
“hotel dining”
Reviewed August 12, 2013

probably one of the nicer in-hotel restaurants that I have been in, but VERY expensive for what you get. Food was just above average and the variety was barely over par.

Visited August 2013