“Great Experience”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed July 28, 2010

What a great time we had! It felt like a mini vacation! After touring the mall and visiting the Disney Store (of course), we decided to eat at the Rainforest Cafe. The atmosphere is fantastic! I felt like I had taken a one day vacation to Disney World! Our food was a little pricey for an appetizer, burgers and sandwiches but our experience was very fun and relaxing. Service was pretty good too. It was not busy at all, which I found very surprising considering some of the reviews. We were seated immediately at 4:45pm on Monday. My kids can't wait to visit again!

Reviewed June 24, 2010

We took our almost 3 year old grandson. He at first was scared to go in because from the second you walk through the store (which you walk THROUGH to get to the restaurant) there are "animals" that are very realistic and he was worried they would "eat him" (he had been to the zoo and felt safe with CAGED animals but not these that appeared to be in the open) gorgeous large fish tanks with beautiful colors as you walk in, and something to see at every glance! We were given a tour of the restaurant as well as "warned" that there was a thunderstorm every 30 minutes. Grandson very scared of the gorillas as he thought they could come down as they were not caged, but after explaining to him they were not real he calmed down. We were seated by the elephants which were very realistic. This place is gorgeous and all wait staff are dressed as safari guides. If your bringing your family, you will want to stay with the burgers and sandwiches as the meals are fairly expensive. Kids menu is cheap and 1 kids meal and 2 adult (sandwich meals) was $43. I would go again, as it would be a once in awhile treat! oh yeah! get the ONION RINGS

Reviewed April 18, 2010

Yes. this was the mall where they filmed Paul Blart: Mall Cop and the restaurant plays a pretty big role toward the end, so that's cool.
I keep giving this chain chances and always come away disappointed.
In Florida it was the pricing and here it was the wait once you were seated.
The atmosphere and setting is great - especially for kids. They've even toned down the storms to be less scary from what I understand.
We were seated at 6pm and were not greeted by our waitress until 6:15 or 6:20 and didn't get our food until 6:55. I complained to a staff and he got a manager who pretty much introduced himself and walked off.
It was two kids meals and a burger. The waitress said it must have been a wait on the burger. Huh? Pretty basic no frills order.
I can understand unforseen delays, but they didn't seem very concerned or sorry.
I don't go looking for comps, but a free drink would have gone a long way. Maybe not charge $6.99 for the plastic elephant sippy cup.
Charging extra for fries on a $9.99 burger rubbed me the wrong way, even though I knew it was going to be expensive going in.

1  Thank drw2
Reviewed March 20, 2010

It's not the first time I'm coming to Rainforest Cafe in Burlington, MA. Every time we were very pleased; that's why we kept returning.
This time was different! The service was great, but the food was miserable!
The salad was old, the eggs from the salad smelled, and the meat used for the burgers wasn't fresh.
After arriving home, my entire family had stomach pain and vomiting.
I would say that for $70.00 I'm requesting at least fresh and tasty food!
I will never return and I will warn all my friends and relatives!!!

Ruxandra Bogdan [--] Haverhill, MA 01830
[--]

1  Thank dragonscave
Reviewed February 26, 2010

Last year I went here to have my sone 4th birthday party. I have never been here so we decidded that after school that day we'd take all the kids (we have 4) here for supper in order to build the excitement. Okay when we get there (at 4:30pm) we wait in a line for 45 mins. and when we get up front they tell us, oh sorry you need to sign in first, then you wait in this line.
So we sign in and they tell us at that it is a 2 and a half hour wait. Despite explaining why they should take 45 mins off that they arent doing it.
So finally at 7:45pm on a school night they seat us. We order quickly and around 8:30 when our food still wasn't there I said to just pack it up and we will eat it later, figuring I would just stop at mc donalds on the way home, but when she came back she had our food. 2 of our 6 meals were cold, and 2 of them were not made how we asked. So I said for the kids to eat quick, then I told her we will be leaving cause its so late if we can have some containers and she said they package them up out back. So I said okay well let them take a couple more bites so she walked away and was gone for 20 mins. I had to go find a server to find her for me and finally she came out took our stuff out back. I didnt eat much of mine i was so upset about the service and was now having second thoughts about the birthday party I just paid a large deposit on. After a long talk with my husband the next day we decided to call the manager and talk to him. But we had a busy day and didnt get aroung to it, and then that night I went to warm up our left overs and they WERE NOT ours. Thats right we had someone elses leftovers. We spent over 130.00 between appetizers and meals, and took home most of our food, and I was looking at a half eaten half a rack of ribs. And noone ordered ribs that night. So I know had to order out a second night just to make up for at least $50.00 worth of food they didnt give us.
Honestly I don't know about you but the thought of someone elses teeth on this food was making me want to barf........
I called the District manager the next day and I was assured they would send me back all my money I put down as a deposit. I never recieved it and then on the day of his birthday the manager called me to see WHY we weren't there. I told him I was wondering why I never recieved my deposit back, after I told him the whole story, and he told me that I would get NO refund EVER. And guess what even when I called back the District managers office back and told his secretary (cause now he was never there anymore) she was discusted and I never heard back from anyone....

7  Thank smdalton6