“Excellent service and reasonably priced entrees!”
Review of Burtons Grill

Burtons Grill
Ranked #9 of 123 Restaurants in Burlington
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Naples, Florida
“Excellent service and reasonably priced entrees!”
Reviewed April 7, 2012

We decided to grab a quick bite to eat at the Burton's, which is a fairly new restaurant in Burlington. We did not have a reservation and they gladly seated us without a problem, in fact when we wanted to move to a booth they did so without hesitation. The entrees were delicious and well prepared. I had the roasted cod risotto dish and my daughter had the fried calamari (which is an appetizer) as her entree. Meals arrived promptly and our drinks were replenished without asking. Additionally the wait staff checked in on us often as did the manager of the restaurant. Very impressed with the level of friendly accomdating service! As we left it seemed like every staff person wished us a good evening. Thumbs up all around!

• Hebrew first
Westford
“Great Food BUT Very High Noise Level”
Reviewed March 19, 2012

We dined at Burton's on Saturday evening. Arrived about 8:00, was told that we would be seated in 10-20 mins and we were. Being St. Patrick's day the restaurant was busy. Our server promptly took our drink order and brought us bread and pesto dipping sauce, but the bread was only two very tiny little squares. He promised more shortly, they were running out and probably baking more. As promised more bread came, but then they were running out of pesto. Our appetizer and entrees were delicious, but the noise level was the worst in any restaurant i've ever been in. We honestly almost had to shout to talk. Since this is a brand new restaurant, the acoustics could have been so much better. The dining room isn't too large and wasn't overcrowded, so i'm not sure if dining there another night will be any better. Maybe the bar area might be a better choice on a less busy night.

• Visited March 2012
Marco Island, Florida
“First time visitor, but will be back”
Reviewed February 16, 2012

There are definitely pros and cons to living in a commercialized town such as Burlington, but one of the definite perks is the vast plethora of restaurants....and quality ones at that! Truth be told, we had a reservation at the new Chateau next door to Burton's, but was told there would be at least a 30 minute wait. As much as I enjoy The Chateau and really wanted to see what the new one looked like inside, not to mention it was only 5:30 on a Tuesday, I figured I would make a call next door to Burton's and see if they could accommodate 4 people and an infant. Thankfully they could, and as such we decided to test the waters of the new place, and I am glad we did.
As I stated, this was a first time visit for us to any Burton's, but I will say that I did not go into this dinner with blinders on as I had heard a couple of friends reviews from a North Shore Burton's visit and the reviews were somewhat less than favorable. Knowing that any given restaurant can possibly have a bad night, we never have a hard time taking a chance and giving a place our own roll of the dice. Glad we did in this case since the comments I had heard definitely did not apply to this particular Burton's.
When we first walked in both the host and hostess were very polite (I had talked to the female on the phone) and were able to have exactly what we needed - a handicap accessible table for my Mom and a high chair for our 11 month old. I really like the feel of the place upon entry with it's semi-dark lighting, high ceilings and gorgeous chandeliers. It reminded me of a cross between Escadrille and the Beacon Grill, which I am assuming would be their nearest competitors (price point and menus). As such, this would be a great comparison for me since I have been to Beacon twice and neither enjoyed the place or the meals and I can't even count the amount of time I have been to the 'Drille and will continue to go back.
Our server was Jen, who was very polite and patient in explaining both the specials, drinks and preparations of some meals - my Mom being elderly can get a bit annoying with questions and the need for repetition, but it did not phase Jen. Our drink orders were taken promptly and returned equally as fast. This exceptional service would continue throughout the meal.
The food review - We started with the seared ahi appetizer, and found it to be very good. The tuna was seared perfectly and my pregnant Wife enjoyed the cucumber salad that came with it. This isn't the massive pieces of Tuna you would get at Abe and Louie's/Coach Grill, but then again, it is not the large price tag either! We next split two of the blue cheese wedge salads between the 4 of us, and to our surprise the chef went ahead and plated the salad onto 4 separate plates which was very convenient and nicely done. The salad was fresh and fantastic!
Now, onto the entrees. I got the 14 oz sirloin and it was cooked absolutely perfect and was very tastey. Now with the rather large $32.95 price tag for this dish, you get a choice of two sides, which is very nice and different from some steakhouses where everything is a la carte. My sides of sauteed spinach and asparagus were both fresh and very good. My Wife had the 9 oz filet, and I got to try it as well, and it was 'melt in your mouth' good and cooked perfectly as well. My Mom had the 14 oz Rib eye, and she absolutely raved about the flavor and the rare temperature being just the way she likes it. Her side of mashed potatos were also exceptionally good. My Dad had the house specialty, short ribs, and was very happy as well. I will say that he let me try them as well, and I did not find them as good as he did, but then again, I would not have ordered those anyways.
Overall a very pleasant dining experience from ambiance, to service, to food (presentation and flavor). The price tag is not cheap for entrees, but with the addition of two sides makes it more understandable. One of the concerns my friends had presented to me in their reviews of Burton's were how small the portions were, which we did not find at all. I am a big eater and left fully satisfied....and I didn't even have any of the freshly made bread that everyone else was enjoying! The Chateau has not lost me as a customer, but they certainly opened the door for me to find another Burlington restaurant that we will be dining at again in the not-so-distant future!

• Visited February 2012
New England
“Lovely Lunch”
Reviewed January 13, 2012

We have been to Burtons Grill in North Andover and were moderately happy with the venue, but we were extremely happy with their newest location today for lunch. I ordered the Mediterranean Salad with grilled shrimp. The shrimp were perfectly seasoned, bold but not aggressive. The feta cheese was excellent, light, dry, quite nice. The fish sandwich was excellent, a generous portion, crispy crust, flaky fresh fish. Service was informed, attentive, friendly. The interior being brand new, is fresh, modern, comfortable. We will definitely return.

• Visited January 2012
“Not worth the price.”
Reviewed December 18, 2011

We started our night here by having to wait 20 minutes past our reservation time. What's the point of making a reservation if you still have to wait? The hostess was flighty and could not keep track of anything on her fancy iPad. The food was very good but they don't give you very much of it. The prices range from $18 to over $30 for a plate. For that price you shouldn't leave hungry. I was disappointed with this place and will not be coming back.

1 Thank BLONDIE8228