“Undercooked and undermanaged”

Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Worcester,ma
“Undercooked and undermanaged”
Reviewed April 26, 2012

Good place to watch a game.excellent tv set up.the food is horrible.bake ravioli appetizer was
Ordered and served seconds later.bartender said there pre cooked and then microwaved.
Completely tasteless.chicken over pasta entre was barely cooked.bartender graciously took it back and notified manager.he compted us 3 free beers,but never spoke with us or offered another entree.he probably knew it would also be disgusting and gave us beer.good spot to
Drink.eat at your own peril!

Boston, Massachusetts
“Lunch”
Reviewed April 23, 2012

We had a wonderful lunch at The Chateau. Food was great and for being Italian I'm very fussy with restaurants sauces. It was excellent. We were seated quickly and the waiter was very friendly and knowledgeable. Will definitely go back.

Woburn, Massachusetts
“Horrible food”
Reviewed April 18, 2012

I went to the Chateau in Burlington for an early dinner with my daughter and we were shocked with the quality of the food. I had a broiled eggplant which was uncooked and had a spongy texture. My daughter had a trio - ravioli, meatball and chicken parm and was very dissapointed with the entire meal. The waitress knew that we were unhappy and said that she would take my meal off the bill. She forgot to do so which resulted in my speaking to the manager. He did take the meal off the bill but was not very interested in my complaints. I emailed the Chateau over a week ago to express my displeasure but never heard back from them. Needless to say, we will not return.

San Diego, California
“Average - Go to the other locations until they get up to speed”
Reviewed April 8, 2012

We've been fans of the Chateau in Waltham for years and more recently in Andover. Burlington being closer to home than either of those locations was the factor in stopping in over here one night for dinner about an hour before their closing time.

The restaurant and seating area was nicely done over from the days when it was a Bugaboocreek (only the fireplace remains which is a good thing).

We sat at the half empty bar which was comfortable, but a bit sticky. The bartender wiped it down for us after we pointed it out to her. She took our order for drinks quickly, but was preoccupied with cleaning bottles and speed racks for the close.

She did take our order eventually after looking up and we asked for no mushrooms on one of the dishes. The order came with mushrooms. She apologized as she forgot to tell the kitchen no mushrooms when she entered the order into the computer 5 feet away from where she took our order.

She asked if we wanted cheese and my wife did. She ground the cheese on the meal and then made the off-hand comment "Whoo that stinks. I hate the smell of cheese" as she continued to clean the bar area in front of us. I was thinking to myself there are a couple of things that stink, but the cheese wasn't one of them.

All in all the food was good, but not at the same standards level that we've come to enjoy in Waltham and Andover. The service and demeanor of the bar tender was sub-standard (wish we got her name, but she had long black hair) when compared to the other locations.

• Visited March 2012
Stoneham
“Closer to home but I'd rather not go back...”
Reviewed February 19, 2012

We went to the Chateau in Burlington on a Sat. night. That may have been our first mistake. They do not take reservations nor "call aheads" on the weekend. The wait was 45 minutes which wouldn't have been bad if they weren't packed with people waiting in a very small hallway.
Once seated our waiter was attentive. No gripes there. The food, however, was another story. I opted for the 1/2 and 1/2 so I had teriyaki chicken and grilled steak tips. The chicken was a bland white piece of meat with a mystery sauce slopped on top. The meat was cold, sinewy, hard to cut and even harder to eat. The baked potato was raw.
My husband had chicken caccatoire. He counted six medium size pieces of chicken, 1 mushroom and about 1/2 lb of pasta with just a bit of sauce.
All round, the meal left much to be desired. We have always enjoyed the Chateau and have dined at four others but will not be coming back to this one.
On a side note: why build a new restaurant that has a great following but squeeze it into such a small spot? It appears that the kitchen can not accommodate the crowd.

• Visited February 2012