“Extended Stay Burlington”

Extended Stay America - Boston - Burlington
Ranked #7 of 8 Hotels in Burlington
Reviewed July 12, 2013

Great experience - clean, new, friendly. We received lots of help from the manager and staff. Reasonable rates right outside of Boston and the rooms were large enough to be comfortable for my family of five. It was close to everything we needed.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Boston - Burlington, responded to this reviewResponded July 16, 2013

It is so rewarding to read that you had a good stay with us. Thank you for your comments. We are so happy to hear that the staff was able to accommodate you and your family. I’m so pleased to read that you were happy with the room and the local attractions surrounding us here in Burlington. The staff and I would like to thank you again for posting your review. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!

Reviewed July 11, 2013

Service was good, people friendly and helpful. Room was reasonably clean, though some dirt in some corners. Bathroom sink faucet was about to come off the pipes, very loose. Kitchen appliances were good, the fridge worked well. Price was reasonable considering the area going through Priceline, $56/night.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo

I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. We appreciate the kind comments about our kitchen and the kitchen equipment; however, we apologize that the bathroom sink was loose and coming apart. I’m so pleased to hear that the staff was friendly and helpful throughout your stay. If you have any additional feedback, we would like to hear it. Please contact me, at BRL@extendedstay.com, so we can speak directly. Thank you again for posting your review. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any of our other brand locations, in the future.

Reviewed July 11, 2013

1. The room was very smelly.
2. good location (only ~20min drive to Cambridge- off rush hour)
3. Breakfast is not like the description /photos in their website.It is not buffet.
4. Bathroom is clean though.
5. Sleeping in the bed is very itch.
6.Cheap price but won't stay again.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Fiona0346

Thank you for providing us with details about your stay. I sincerely apologize about the odor in the room you were staying in. We strive to provide guests with all the comforts of home, so I am disappointed to hear that you found the bed itchy. We appreciate the kind comments about the cleanliness of the bathroom; however, we apologize that the breakfast wasn’t to your expectations. In response to your feedback, I am checking all rooms for any odor issues during our room inspections daily. I am grateful for the feedback you provided so we are able to continually improve our hotel. If you would please contact me at brl@extendedstay.com, I would like to discuss this further with you. We do hope you will choose to stay with us again so we can have the opportunity to provide you with a better experience.

Reviewed June 18, 2013

Recently renovated hotel with kitchen facilities. New carpets and flooring with flat screen tv.
Very helpful staff particularly Ann Marie on reception who gave helpful advice and printed directions.
Two eateries within walking distance also mall and movie theatre nearby.
Would definitely use again if in area.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Susan S
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Boston - Burlington, responded to this reviewResponded June 20, 2013

The staff and I read your review, and would like to thank you for writing such great things about our hotel and the local attractions that surround us here in Burlington. It's great to hear that you would travel back to this area and I’m pleased to hear that the directions printed off for you came in handy. Once more, thank you for posting your review. We look forward to having you visit with us again in the future.

Reviewed June 10, 2013

I booked a mystery deal on priceline and got this hotel. At first i was iffy but saw the reviews and it eased my mind. We arrived at the hotel around 11 ish and was greeted with a smile. The man was very nice gave us our room explained everything and we went to bed. The bed was very comfortable ( we had a queen size bed) , tv a great size. The room had a full kitchen and stove and microwave and big fridge with all the plates and cooking utensils and the bathroom was very nice aswell. The room was spotless. Just to let you know this hotel does not have maid service unless you stay for more than 7 days if you want it its 3$ if i remember correctly. The continental breakfest was a great selection and the other staff members we met very nice. The hotel also has laundry machines if you need to do your laundry. Right across from burlington mall you are also next door to a chili's and two other restaurants and an Amc movie theatre. Great hotel and extremely happy with our stay no complaints at alll!!!!!! very happy thank you Extended stay America :D.Great location if going to boston we were not even 20 minutes away.

Room Tip: I was happy with my queen bed room cant speak for other rooms we were in room 212.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple

The staff and I read your review, and would like to thank you for writing such great things about the hotel and the amenities that we offer. It's also great to hear that the room condition and the kitchenette were to your liking. I am proud of our team for ensuring you had a great experience during your stay with us. We are happy to know you also enjoyed our surrounding area and what Burlington has to offer within close proximity of the hotel. Thank you again for your kind words. The staff and I would love to provide you with another comfortable stay in the future.

Reviewed June 1, 2013

The hotel accomodations are fine -- nice room, working kitchen. It's right off I-95 (the old "Route 128" ring road around Boston). Access to Boston is very good, via I-93 and I-90 (Massachusetts Turnpike).

The Burlington Mall (a biggie -- Sears / Nordstrom/ etc) is close by. Supermarket and Trader Joe's are a mile away.

The area doesn't have many sidewalks. It's poor for walking. But that's the only fault.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Boston - Burlington, responded to this reviewResponded June 3, 2013

Thank you so much for posting a review of our property. We are so glad to hear that you enjoyed the hotel's accommodations as well as the local attractions surrounding us. The staff and I would like to thank you again for posting your review. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!

Reviewed April 14, 2013

OMG!! I asked for a room change when we realized the toilet was broken and they tried to fix it once and I went for a one hour walk and it was running when I returned. So, they moved us next door. Unfortunately, the housekeeping staff appeared to have rushed through this room and what I found was unacceptable! First, there were some hairs in the bathtub, so I asked them to clean the bathtub. There weren't any housekeepers on duty so the woman at the front desk had to come up to clean it. As she was cleaning it, I pulled back the bedspread and found a dried spot of SEMEN on the bedspread!!!! EWWW!!! AND on the headboard!!! I also found urine stains on the toilet seat that had dried and popcorn under the bed, the water in the kitchen had pooled and dried so was not cleaned and there were also crumbs under the toaster!!! The woman from the front desk came and cleaned ALL of it and while she did a good job, it was just too gross for words. i didn't want to change rooms again fearing that a third room could have been just as bad and at least I was seeing her clean the place! She was very apologetic and came back with a gift card to a local business. While that was a great thought on her part, it didn't change the facts that this hotel has problems with maintenance and cleanliness and I will NEVER stay here again!!! DISGUSTING!!! It is such a shame also that they spent all the money to replace furniture but left very worn carpeting in the rooms.I booked online and will be demanding a refund!

Room Tip: Do not stay here! The rooms are not cleaned well!! I had two switch rooms and the second room was di...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Genny164
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Boston - Burlington, responded to this reviewResponded April 18, 2013

I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. The issues you have described with cleanliness in your room are unacceptable, and I sincerely apologize for your experience. I have met with the entire staff, and we will be thoroughly inspecting all rooms to ensure that these housekeeping issues are not repeated.

We continually work to improve our hotel, so I really appreciate you providing us with your feedback. Please know, we will be contacting the website in which you made your reservation to refund your one night stay with us. Do not hesitate to contact me directly, at BRL@extendedstay.com, should you wish to discuss this further. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any of our other brand locations across the U.S. and Canada in the future.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Burlington
Candlewood Suites Boston-Burlington
HYATT house Boston/Burlington
Comfort Inn
Comfort Inn
#7 of 11 in Woburn

Been to Extended Stay America - Boston - Burlington? Share your experiences!