“Value for money”

Ranked #5 of 6 Hotels in Burlington
New Delhi, India
“Value for money”
Reviewed February 25, 2011

I have been staying at this place for the past several years - A wonderful hotel, very conveniently located, great staff - helpful. Love to come back. Hotel remain quite bussy most of the time but the staff had time for all especially once when I stayed with family. Restaurants, Mall are very conveniently located.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed February 5, 2011

The place was really clean and cosy. I really enjoyed my stay in this hotel. The staff were not so friendly but it did not bother me too much because what I looked for in a hotel was cleanliness. There was also a laundry room and you could buy washing detergent in the pantry room. You had to pay for the detergent even though the washing was free but it was really good enough for me. I won't say all Candlewood Suites is good but this one is really nice

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
Springfield, MA
Reviewed December 13, 2010

Due to my sister being in ICU at Lahey Clinic we needed a place nearby for an extended stay. The situation was very stressful and we did not have time to do research on hotels in the area. We wish that we had. A bottle of moisturizer was stolen from the room after "Heidi" the maid changed over the room. We notified "Doug" the manager and he defended his staff vehemently, saying they had been with him for years instead of trying to speak to his staff or work to a friendly resolution. It appears theft is a problem after reading another review here on this site. On a side note the Candlewood in general reaked of cat and dog pee. Much better places to stay in the area!

• Stayed December 2010, traveled on business
3 Thank Grasshopper123

Travelers are raving about these Burlington hotels

Reading, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 4, 2010

Stayed for 3 nights while on business in the area from the UK. Chose here because of the reasonable price, proximity to business venue and the fact that I have a Holiday Inn points card. I think there are hotels that are more conveniently located in the area. Things I liked:
Friendly and helpful reception.
Free internet.
Room facilities - kitchen etc.
Quiet at night despite being near the freeway - my room was third floor, west facing.
Proximity to Burlington Mall - walkable although no one walks around here.

Things I didn't like:
Fridge was noisy at night - had to switch it off
Heater/cooler under the window just blew the air up behind the curtains
Entrance is actually off 2nd Avenue although he address is Middx Turnpike - could be confusing

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business
Argyle, New York
Reviewed October 31, 2010

This is the second time staying at this extended stay hotel. It's an okay hotel and it did what I needed it to do for our busy weekend. I wanted a hotel that was outside Boston with easy and SAFE access to the train. Anderson/ Woburn Station is just that. Its about 25 minutes into the city to the North Station The cost of the ticket was $ 9.50 RT for adult and $4.70 student rate.
Back to the hotel... The hotel is very hard to find. There is no entrance off of Middlesex Turnpike Road where you can see the building which is located up a steep hill, but there is a road that goes up a hill to several businesses and that's the road you need to take. ( I believe the store on the corner was Longs Jewelery Store and I don't remember the name of the restaurant on the other corner.
The room could use a bit of updating. The kitchen area is probably 1980's and isn't the most attractive. It's not the most cozy of rooms but its clean and"doable" for the short amount of time we were there. Keep in mind though. If you are staying on a weekend this is an extended stay hotel and maid service is NOT avalible. I paid $70.00 per night and I also booked through Priceline. I have booked cheaper before in this area but rates were a bit high for this particular weekend.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with family
Kalamazoo, MI
Reviewed October 29, 2010

Everything about this Candlewood Suites was average or above. The hotel itself and room were fine. The location is convenient, except for when you first try to find it. The actual entrance is in the back of the office park area where the hotel is. It's a pain at first to find, but once you know where the entrance is it's not a problem. The staff at the front desk was very helpful and friendly (don't remember his name, could've been Jared?) .Gave good recommendations on things in the area and even though it appeared he pulled an all-nighter, he was still nice.

Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed October 25, 2010

Stayed with my husband here on our weekend trip to New England and Boston.
Positives:
Check-in & Check-out was quick and front desk staff was friendly. Bed and pillows were comfortable. Overall appearance of suite was nice with clean carpets and bedding and curtains were not worn. Bath towels and bedding were clean. Provided 2 bars of soap and shampoo. Wall-mounted hair dryer was conveinent. We didn't use the kitchen, but had we stayed longer, we probably would have. Ability to adjust the temperature in your room. Great location to the Burlington Mall. The Border Cafe which is close by has great food and still serving food at 10pm (Our flight arrived late at night).

Negatives:
I did not receive the room type I requested. I requested a quiet room on the top floor away from the elevator and I received a room on the first floor, across from the elevator and next to an extremely loud utility room which we did wake up every once in awhile throughout the night from large rumbling noises coming from the utility room. The shower pressure was awful. Very slow flowing, took forever to wash out the shampoo in my hair. For a three day stay, they only put two bath towels and washcloths in our room. Would have prefered at least 4 bath towels.

Overall, I would still stay here again if ever in the area because the price is really great and the rooms are nice and clean but I would make double sure I wasn't given a room next to the noisy utility room.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank krystennicole
Also consider these accommodations in or near Burlington
Extended Stay America - Boston - Burlington
Hilton Garden Inn Burlington
HYATT house Boston/Burlington
Sonesta ES Suites Burlington
Boston Marriott Burlington
Boston Marriott Burlington
#4 of 6 in Burlington
Homewood Suites by Hilton Boston - Billerica

Been to Candlewood Suites Boston-Burlington? Share your experiences!