“Hard to find. Clean. Friendly.”

Candlewood Suites Boston-Burlington
Ranked #5 of 6 Hotels in Burlington
Hope Valley, Rhode Island
“Hard to find. Clean. Friendly.”
Reviewed February 24, 2014

Nice hotel. Clean room. Friendly staff. We arrived by GPS and although gps states "you have arrived" you really haven't yet. No signage on main road. We drove around and finally found an (unlit) sign around the back. Traveling at night made it a challenge. Staff was helpful and polite. Professional and smiling! Room clean and had micro/fridge. I could hear guest in next room very clearly talking and watching tv but I slept like a log anyway. After using the computer I noticed that some previous guests had left VERY personal documents on the computer. (Always check document folder icon-bottom right). Desk person immediately deleted but always check when you're scanning or making documents that you delete them. They have refreshments available. Restaurants in area are plentiful and location is near mall. Plenty of shops. I recommend more signage for the travelers to safely arrive off the major road to the parking area.

• Stayed February 2014
CandlewoodBurl, Front Office Manager at Candlewood Suites Boston-Burlington, responded to this review, February 27, 2014
Thank you very much for the sincere review of our hotel. We appreciate you taking time to tell us how we’re doing! We apologize that the hotel was difficult to find but hope this doesn’t stop you from staying with us in the future! Thank you again!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
London
Reviewed December 10, 2013

Hotel fine, convenient and reasonable. Some mistakes made. Arrived late and was put in a smoking room. This was not offered or requested. I moved room. People need to be trained that the vast majority of people don't want smoking rooms and they should never put anyone in a smoking room unrequested. From 6:30 in the morning a repetitive banging started as if by a machine. This also needs sorting. Just OK at the moment, but could be much better

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank BritishWonder
CandlewoodBurl, Front Office Manager at Candlewood Suites Boston-Burlington, responded to this review, December 16, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to complete our survey. We’re committed to creating Great Hotels, Guests Love and with your feedback; we are closer to reaching that goal.

We apologize for the noise inconvenience you endured and have forwarded your comments to the appropriate departments for future considerations.

Thank you.
Hamilton, Bermuda
Reviewed November 30, 2013

Everything one could need for a long or short stay. I had a one bedroom suite and my son had a studio. Both offered a fully equipped kitchen, spacious desk area, very comfortable beds and furnishings. As one who hates hotel rooms, this was a great alternative and 'home away from home' for an extended medical stay. Danielle and Brook at the front desk were wonderfully helpful. Rooms are cleaned weekly so no need to vacate every day and there is laundry available for guests, shuttle service on the 1/2 hour and close proximity to everything. Great location for shopping across the road at Burlington Mall, easy access to Lahey Hospital and a 20 minute drive into Boston.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Thank you so much for the heartfelt review of our hotel. We try to provide great service and a home-away-from-home feel for all of our guests. We do have some great employees and it is always a pleasure to be able to provide them the recognition that you appreciate what they do. We hope to see you again soon!
Hamilton, Canada
Reviewed October 24, 2013

We chose this place because it was about half way between Boston and Salem, both of which we wanted to visit. The room was spacious and clean with a fully equipped kitchen (big fridge, dishwasher) and a large, spotless bathroom. The living area was roomy with a desk/table combo and a TV with a VCR/DVD player. There was a reclining armchair for relaxing in. The staff was friendly and helpful and the wifi worked without a hitch. There's always free coffee & tea available in the lobby and you can buy snacks and freezer meals from their pantry if you don't feel like going to a grocery store (but there's a Trader Joe's a few blocks away). They also often had cookies & donuts out for the guests.

The staff provided a map to the nearest subway station so we didn't have to drive all the way into Boston, which was great (much cheaper than navigating downtown Boston and paying a fortune for parking). One issue is that the place is really difficult to find, especially if you arrive at night. It's poorly marked and poorly lit, off the main road and through a network of back streets. Make sure to ask for directions directly from the hotel website or staff because mapquest/google maps won't help.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank helenahandbasket2000
CandlewoodBurl, Front Office Manager at Candlewood Suites Boston-Burlington, responded to this review, December 23, 2013
Thank you so much for the heartfelt review of our hotel. We try to provide great service and a home-away-from-home feel for all of our guests. We hope to see you again soon!
Maidenhead, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 22, 2013

Exactly as described! Very friendly staff, spacious room - well equipped with microwave, 2 rings, plates, cutlery and so on. Comfortable bed, good wifi. Couldnt ask for more. Gym look good - better than many 5 star hotels, though no rowing machine :(. Washing machines and dryers - free!
There is even a barbecue area outside - but its a bit too chilly to use in the evening in October.
Fortunately, had read that it was difficult to find, so was prepared for that - just turn by Border Cafe (which is excellent!) , then Left, and entrance to parking is at top of the rise.
Only gripe - very noisy refrigerator., although it improved after turning off the ice maker.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
CandlewoodBurl, Front Office Manager at Candlewood Suites Boston-Burlington, responded to this review, January 13, 2014
Thank you for your kind words! We really appreciate you taking the time to write a review of our property. We hope that you find the opportunity to visit us again in the near future!
dublin
Reviewed October 10, 2013

I needed a hotel in the Boston area for one night on the 6th October 2013. Being a IHG member I perused their hotels in the Boston area and eventually decided on this hotel.

The reasons I choose this hotel were ...

Free WiFi
Guest Reviews on Tripadvisor
Looked easy to get to from the highway

My arrival at the hotel was fraught with difficulty. I arrived in darkness. I was using a GPS to guide me. The GPS brought me to a point on the highway that the hotel should have been, but I could not see it. After driving up and down the road a few times, I eventually located the hotel. It was hidden behind trees. In order to get to it, I had to drive up the side of a restaurant, heading into darkness, take a right and then another right which brought me around the back of the hotel. There was a sign at the last turn, but it had no light on it at all and was impossible to see

The lady on reception was polite, had excellent local informaton, and allocated me room 139

The room was well appointed, comfortable looking bed, good work area, excellent WiFi, and a kitchen area as well. A bag of popcorn was left in the microwave for me also... nice touch !

I am a very light sleeper and on booking a few days before I arrived, I asked could I have a room away from elevators, staff rooms etc etc to ensure I got a good nights sleep

As it was dark when I checked in and I was near the back of the hotel, I assumed I was alocated a room as per my request. But this was not to be

At approx 0430 I was woken by the sound of trucks starting outside my window. Then at about 0600, soem guests leaving were talking so loud that they woke me up.

I was exhausted the next day due to getting little continous sleep... despite me having made the hotel aware of my request before I arrived

Its a real pity about my sleep issue and the difficulty in finding the hotel, as overall it was not bad.

Would I stay again, probably not. I felt that my request was a simple one, that could have been done by the hotel without much fuss. Instead of getting a quiet room, I was allocated perhaps one of the noisest rooms in the property

On another less important note. The IHG site operates a "Price Guarantee" promise. I paid $5 extra for my room to get extra points on my IHG account. The original price on the IHG site was more than i saw it on another site, but because I paid the $5 extra, this brought my price above the independent website that I was looking at.

On contacting IHG to use their "Price Guarantee" my claim was declined because my end price including the %5 for extra points was above their guarantee .... to say I felt cheated is an understatement

Room Tip: Stay away from the lower rooms if you want a good night sleep
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Boston-Burlington, responded to this review, October 25, 2013
Dear flame01,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review following your recent stay. I would like to apologize for the noise challenges you experienced and for any inconvenience caused you while visiting our hotel. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas and take the necessary actions to ensure similar situations can be avoided in the future. We welcome any opportunity to improve.

Thank you for staying with us and we hope to have an opportunity to serve you again.

Connie D
Case Manager
IHGCare
Napa, Ca.
Reviewed October 7, 2013

We chose this place because we were attending a High School Reunion nearby and the location was perfect. The rooms are clean, coffee is always available in the lobby, and we had a kitchen which was nice for breakfast and snacks. They need a business center but the staff was friendly and printed our boarding passes for us. The location is right across from the Burlington Mall which is very large with a lot of restaurants and shops.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Insanityx4
Also consider these accommodations in or near Burlington
Extended Stay America - Boston - Burlington
Hilton Garden Inn Burlington
HYATT house Boston/Burlington
Sonesta ES Suites Burlington
Boston Marriott Burlington
Boston Marriott Burlington
#4 of 6 in Burlington
Homewood Suites by Hilton Boston - Billerica

Been to Candlewood Suites Boston-Burlington? Share your experiences!