“Clean, Comfortable and Convenient” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Candlewood Suites Boston-Burlington

Candlewood Suites Boston-Burlington
Ranked #5 of 6 Hotels in Burlington
Hamilton, Bermuda
“Clean, Comfortable and Convenient”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 30, 2013

Everything one could need for a long or short stay. I had a one bedroom suite and my son had a studio. Both offered a fully equipped kitchen, spacious desk area, very comfortable beds and furnishings. As one who hates hotel rooms, this was a great alternative and 'home away from home' for an extended medical stay. Danielle and Brook at the front desk were wonderfully helpful. Rooms are cleaned weekly so no need to vacate every day and there is laundry available for guests, shuttle service on the 1/2 hour and close proximity to everything. Great location for shopping across the road at Burlington Mall, easy access to Lahey Hospital and a 20 minute drive into Boston.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
CandlewoodBurl, Front Office Manager at Candlewood Suites Boston-Burlington, responded to this review, December 16, 2013
Thank you so much for the heartfelt review of our hotel. We try to provide great service and a home-away-from-home feel for all of our guests. We do have some great employees and it is always a pleasure to be able to provide them the recognition that you appreciate what they do. We hope to see you again soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
Hamilton, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 24, 2013

We chose this place because it was about half way between Boston and Salem, both of which we wanted to visit. The room was spacious and clean with a fully equipped kitchen (big fridge, dishwasher) and a large, spotless bathroom. The living area was roomy with a desk/table combo and a TV with a VCR/DVD player. There was a reclining armchair for relaxing in. The staff was friendly and helpful and the wifi worked without a hitch. There's always free coffee & tea available in the lobby and you can buy snacks and freezer meals from their pantry if you don't feel like going to a grocery store (but there's a Trader Joe's a few blocks away). They also often had cookies & donuts out for the guests.

The staff provided a map to the nearest subway station so we didn't have to drive all the way into Boston, which was great (much cheaper than navigating downtown Boston and paying a fortune for parking). One issue is that the place is really difficult to find, especially if you arrive at night. It's poorly marked and poorly lit, off the main road and through a network of back streets. Make sure to ask for directions directly from the hotel website or staff because mapquest/google maps won't help.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank helenahandbasket2000
CandlewoodBurl, Front Office Manager at Candlewood Suites Boston-Burlington, responded to this review, December 23, 2013
Thank you so much for the heartfelt review of our hotel. We try to provide great service and a home-away-from-home feel for all of our guests. We hope to see you again soon!
Maidenhead, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2013

Exactly as described! Very friendly staff, spacious room - well equipped with microwave, 2 rings, plates, cutlery and so on. Comfortable bed, good wifi. Couldnt ask for more. Gym look good - better than many 5 star hotels, though no rowing machine :(. Washing machines and dryers - free!
There is even a barbecue area outside - but its a bit too chilly to use in the evening in October.
Fortunately, had read that it was difficult to find, so was prepared for that - just turn by Border Cafe (which is excellent!) , then Left, and entrance to parking is at top of the rise.
Only gripe - very noisy refrigerator., although it improved after turning off the ice maker.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
CandlewoodBurl, Front Office Manager at Candlewood Suites Boston-Burlington, responded to this review, January 13, 2014
Thank you for your kind words! We really appreciate you taking the time to write a review of our property. We hope that you find the opportunity to visit us again in the near future!
dublin
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 10, 2013

I needed a hotel in the Boston area for one night on the 6th October 2013. Being a IHG member I perused their hotels in the Boston area and eventually decided on this hotel.

The reasons I choose this hotel were ...

Free WiFi
Guest Reviews on Tripadvisor
Looked easy to get to from the highway

My arrival at the hotel was fraught with difficulty. I arrived in darkness. I was using a GPS to guide me. The GPS brought me to a point on the highway that the hotel should have been, but I could not see it. After driving up and down the road a few times, I eventually located the hotel. It was hidden behind trees. In order to get to it, I had to drive up the side of a restaurant, heading into darkness, take a right and then another right which brought me around the back of the hotel. There was a sign at the last turn, but it had no light on it at all and was impossible to see

The lady on reception was polite, had excellent local informaton, and allocated me room 139

The room was well appointed, comfortable looking bed, good work area, excellent WiFi, and a kitchen area as well. A bag of popcorn was left in the microwave for me also... nice touch !

I am a very light sleeper and on booking a few days before I arrived, I asked could I have a room away from elevators, staff rooms etc etc to ensure I got a good nights sleep

As it was dark when I checked in and I was near the back of the hotel, I assumed I was alocated a room as per my request. But this was not to be

At approx 0430 I was woken by the sound of trucks starting outside my window. Then at about 0600, soem guests leaving were talking so loud that they woke me up.

I was exhausted the next day due to getting little continous sleep... despite me having made the hotel aware of my request before I arrived

Its a real pity about my sleep issue and the difficulty in finding the hotel, as overall it was not bad.

Would I stay again, probably not. I felt that my request was a simple one, that could have been done by the hotel without much fuss. Instead of getting a quiet room, I was allocated perhaps one of the noisest rooms in the property

On another less important note. The IHG site operates a "Price Guarantee" promise. I paid $5 extra for my room to get extra points on my IHG account. The original price on the IHG site was more than i saw it on another site, but because I paid the $5 extra, this brought my price above the independent website that I was looking at.

On contacting IHG to use their "Price Guarantee" my claim was declined because my end price including the %5 for extra points was above their guarantee .... to say I felt cheated is an understatement

Room Tip: Stay away from the lower rooms if you want a good night sleep
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Boston-Burlington, responded to this review, October 25, 2013
Dear flame01,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review following your recent stay. I would like to apologize for the noise challenges you experienced and for any inconvenience caused you while visiting our hotel. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas and take the necessary actions to ensure similar situations can be avoided in the future. We welcome any opportunity to improve.

Thank you for staying with us and we hope to have an opportunity to serve you again.

Connie D
Case Manager
IHGCare
Napa, Ca.
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 7, 2013

We chose this place because we were attending a High School Reunion nearby and the location was perfect. The rooms are clean, coffee is always available in the lobby, and we had a kitchen which was nice for breakfast and snacks. They need a business center but the staff was friendly and printed our boarding passes for us. The location is right across from the Burlington Mall which is very large with a lot of restaurants and shops.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Insanityx4
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 17, 2013

Satisfied with the stay during a recent business trip. I will say that the location- while visible from the main road, is very difficult to find, especially at night. The hotel sign was knocked down and with no lights and construction on the entrance road, it was tough. Definitely made me nervous pulling in, but that was really my only concern. The hotel overall is clean and the beds very comfy. For business travel, the free internet, proximity to major roads, comfortable beds, and cleanliness are most important and for the price, this hotel was great. Dunkin Donuts is about a mile down the road. The mall is across the street with Lord & Taylor, Macy's, Nordstroms, etc... Close to the highway. While I didn't need the full kitchen area in the room, I could see this being beneficial if you were staying for a few days and wanted to cook. Overall, it was clean, safe, and comfortable- I'd stay again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank ABBIE7878
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Boston-Burlington, responded to this review, October 2, 2013
Dear ABBIE7878,

Thank you for writing a review about your recent stay with us. I am delighted to hear that you were satisfied with your overall experience. We work diligently to ensure our facilities and services are superior and we try our hardest to provide not just good value, but comfortable, clean and friendly accommodations. It is always great to hear from our guests on how we are doing. Your patronage and support to the hotel is very important to us and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Lera P
Case Manager
IHGCare
Portsmouth, Rhode Island
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 5, 2013

hotel is right off route 95 and is close to the Lahey Clinic. The Burlington Mall is right across the street which has many shops and restaurants including the awesome Cheesecake Factory. The rooms are equipped with a fridge, microwave and stove along with all glasses and dishes. The bed was comfy and the room was clean. Will stay there again for sure

Room Tip: some rooms face the parking lot which are better than facing the woods
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Kathy K
Also consider these accommodations in or near Burlington
HYATT house Boston/Burlington
Sonesta ES Suites Burlington
Hilton Garden Inn Burlington
Extended Stay America - Boston - Burlington
Boston Marriott Burlington
Boston Marriott Burlington
#4 of 6 in Burlington
Homewood Suites by Hilton Boston - Billerica

Been to Candlewood Suites Boston-Burlington? Share your experiences!