“if you are there for business...”

Candlewood Suites Boston-Burlington
Ranked #5 of 7 Hotels in Burlington
Milan, Italy
“if you are there for business...”
Reviewed July 23, 2012

it's a quite good, more like a residence than an hotel; if you are on business trip you will appreciate for sure the big table, the confortable chair and the wireless internet connection. If, furthermore, you are alone and in a long trip, you will for sure appreciate the fact that you could cook in your kitchen.. I only stay for 1 night, not enough time to appreciate anything, but it was clean, personel really kind. it was ok.
There is no restaurant, the breakfast is excluded, but you can buy a lot of products to eat

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
Greensboro, NC
Reviewed July 21, 2012

When I got there the milk they had for sale was past the date so I had to go out to get milk. The wireless internet did not work (but they do have wired connection possible). There is only one elevator and it is very slow -- this is completely inadequate for a facility with four floors and lots of rooms. When I was leaving I was granted a 1:00 late checkout -- between 12:00 and 1:00 two different people tried to open the door and barge in, only being stopped by the flipper door security lock. The hallways felt like the heat was on all the time, and when you have to wait so long for the elevator this heat is terrible. The front desk people were friendly and the room decor was one of the best I have seen in the dozens of Candlewoods in which I have stayed.

Room Tip: If you decide to stay here try to get a ground floor room to avoid having to deal with that slow and...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Boston-Burlington, responded to this review, August 6, 2012
Dear emhprogram,

Thank you so much for your review of our hotel. I am pleased you found our front desk staff and our room decor commendable. Please accept my sincerest apologies for the shortcomings you had experienced during your stay and I regret you did not enjoy your overall experience with us. I appreciate your feedback as this is our best resource for improving the quality and service we offer to our guests. I hope that you will give us the pleasure of hosting you again on your next visit.

Joel B
IHGCare

Travelers are raving about these Burlington hotels

Portland, Oregon
Reviewed July 17, 2012

Candlewood Suites was a good place for my wife and me to stay for five nights while visiting Boston and the surrounding areas. I was worried about the cleanliness and smell of smoke issues mentioned in other reviews, but those issues were minimal (only a bit of dust here or there and the slight smell of smoke on the elevator). The kitchenette was perfect to help us keep costs down by cooking a small breakfast each morning in our room. The staff was always helpful when I needed to exchange towels, get more coffee, or ask questions. Their website said to use the following address if you are using a GPS: 20 Second Ave., Burlington, MA (it worked perfectly).

Pros: price, kitchenette (cook top, microwave, refrigerator, dishwasher, and sink), friendly staff (esp. Nancy), updated room, parking, exercise room, laundry room, and maids not in my room every day.

Cons: loud air conditioner, only one elevator, hearing heavy steps from the floor above, and a few facility issues in our room (door did not hang right, a small leak under the kitchen sink, and ice maker did not seem to work), and you’ll need a car to get around.

I would stay there again and would recommend it because of the good price, good cleanliness in our room, and the kitchenette. F.Y.I. – I don’t expect steak when paying for hamburger!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
San Francisco Bay Area
Reviewed July 11, 2012 via mobile

It's for businessmen on longer stays. The feeling is somewhat lonely.

Pros: kitchen, full fridge, parking, lowest cost in area.

Cons: weekly maid service (shorter stay, you must take care of your own room), indifferent front desk, illogical and unstable a/c unit, not enough towels, not the cleanest room. My key quit working each day and had to talk to front desk for new one.

It's hard to find using the address since its not located on Middlesex Tpk at all!

This place should be avoided unless you have very low standards.

• Stayed July 2012
1 Thank ryans69
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Boston-Burlington, responded to this review, July 25, 2012
Dear ryans69,

Thank you for taking the time to express your thoughts and concerns. I'm delighted our fully equipped kitchen suited you well. We work diligently to ensure our facilities are well maintained and we try our hardest to provide not just good value, but comfortable, clean and friendly accommodations. I am disappointed you did not enjoy your overall experience with us and regret that our hotel did not live up to your expectation. I'm sorry you were not satisfied with the housekeeping services. I have taken note of the valuable comments you've shared. Rest assured, these will be used to continually monitor and improve the quality and services we offer to our guests.

I hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Joel B
Williston, Vermont
Reviewed July 9, 2012

We just returned from a quick, no reservation stay at this hotel. We were walk-ins and were greeted and treated very well. We couldn't believe the price for a full kitchen suite! It looked like the room had just be redecorated with modern cupboards and decor. So nice and convenient! While others complained about the hard-to-find location, we very much appreciated the "tucked away" location and convenience to the Burlington Mall (right across the street!). The gentleman who waited on us was so friendly and accommodating. We would definitely recommend this hotel to a friend, and would stay again. Thanks for everything!

Room Tip: Although it is not a direct driveway to enter, it is worth it, as it is quiet and tucked away behind...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
portland
Reviewed July 7, 2012

3 rooms later and it was still filthy...except for the bed, which at that point I slept in. Had to wait hours to get housekeeping to clean the bathroom in the morning so I could use the toilet (had someone's poop on it!), shower that had soap scum and hair everywhere and sink that had blue toothpaste in it. The dishes and pots were dirty, the microwave and fridge too. There was Top Ramen noodles on the counter. In the bathroom it looked like vomit on the side of the cabinet, which was the case in the first room and the reason I changed. The second room had missing dishes, dirty counters and fridge and I don't even know what else, because I asked to be moved immediately. The front desk was so rude at 11pm and told me to get another hotel. With my luggage all hauled in at that late hour after a long drive, that was not want I had the energy to do. Avoid this place at all cost. I was an avid fan of Candlewood Suites, staying in Las Vegas for 40 days and Staybridge Suites in Monterrey, Mexico for 4 days in the past 2 months, but have a different opinion now. And can you believe it, they didn't even offer any compensation! I've filed a complaint with corporate and will be following up! Had the housekeeping supervisor in to see the mess and she agreed with me, that the room was NOT acceptable!

Room Tip: Go to the Hampton Inn or Marriott Hotels
Dear photojenik2,

Thank you for taking the time to relay your comments regarding our property. I am sorry to hear that the service you received was unacceptable. We work diligently to ensure our facilities are well maintained and we try our best to provide not just good value, but comfortable, clean and friendly accommodations. I have sent you a private message in effort to obtain more information.

Irish V
Park City, Illinois
Reviewed July 2, 2012

this place is a pit! we booked a room for three nights to see our gravely ill daughter in boston. We booked a no smoking room. We were treated rudely throughout the stay by John..the nite desk person (think that was his name). Firstly..the entire place reeks of smoke from smokers. Aweful smell everywhere..the lobby, all floors,..everywhere. And this is not new...this smell is embedded in everything and everywhere. Secondly, the non-smoking room we were given reeked of smoke. We walked in and found the windows wide open..like they were trying to air it out. It was a certainty that the previous occupant had smoked for his entire stay as it smelled everywhere.
No one would do a thing about it.
The ac unit..either blows full on freezing cold air, or nothing. no matter what we did with the thermostat, we froze and were awakened every time the unit came on. It blowed like a freezing hurricane. No one would do a thing about it.
Thirdly: the iron in the room was a danger. my wife filled it up and went to use it and nearly was shocked to death. I had to run at her and knock her from the circuit. The water tank was cracked, the control knob was broken, and upon looking at it, there were bare contacts showing near the control knob. Not only did they NOT apologize, John was so lazy that he could not even go to another room and get us a working iron. Never stay here or at any Candlewood again as this one seemed to be an over-glorified boarding house or residence apartment complex for long staying residence. They don't care about the short term customers. Hell, there were three cars out in the parking lot alone that were stranded there and unable to run...abandoned. This is a flop house..not a hotel..and the staff..well..could care less.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank saltomer9488
Also consider these accommodations in or near Burlington
Hilton Garden Inn Burlington
Extended Stay America - Boston - Burlington
Sonesta ES Suites Burlington
Boston Marriott Burlington
Boston Marriott Burlington
#4 of 7 in Burlington
HYATT house Boston/Burlington
DoubleTree Hotel Boston/Bedford Glen

Been to Candlewood Suites Boston-Burlington? Share your experiences!