“Very Enjoyable”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Vernon Hills, Illinois
“Very Enjoyable”
Reviewed March 2, 2013

I travel a lot for business and had the pleasure of staying at the Burlington HGI recently for a weekend. I found the staff very professional and friendly. I had breakfast and dinner in the restaurant - both service and food were excellent. Maria, Cheri, John H, Brian and a few others I've forgot the name made my meals very enjoyable. Very attentive to my needs and made great suggestions to the menu. Guest rooms were clean, functional and spacious for my needs on the this trip. When I'm back in the Boston area I will be booking this hotel again!

Stayed February 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (108)
New York City, New York
Reviewed February 26, 2013

it is a great location,close to restaurants and shop also enjoyed the extremely friendly service.Check in and out was fast,staff was extremely friendly and accomodating.I enjoyed the indoor pool,it was amazingly well maintained.I plan to book for my future visits.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Ilham C
Reviewed February 25, 2013

This hotel is definitely so much more than I expected. The rooms were very nice and clean. The service was phenomenal. The ballroom is fantastic. The location is very nice. And having a restaurant and an indoor pool was amazing. The food was great. The pool was a relaxing perfect amenity expecially in the winter months. The bed was very comfy. The rooms all come with a fridge and a microwave and an Ipod dock. This hotel was fantastic. They put so much into their ballroom events and it was so nice to have a very nice room to return to after the function. I would definitely highly recommend this hotel and can't wait for another chance (at an event) to be able to stay there again. Perfect!!!!!!

• Stayed February 2013
Reviewed February 15, 2013 via mobile

First trip to Burlington, the hotel was selected based on on-line photos and proximity to business. Upon arrival, every experience was above expectations. Check in was quick, my room very clean and well decorated . The staff is most accomodating, this is a warm yet professional environment. The hotel restaurant is fantastic. The wait staff, extremely accomodating. All amenities (Pool/ Gym, etc) are well maintained. The most impressive part of the hotel experience here is that the entire staff provides a 5 star experience to each guest.

• Stayed February 2013
Buffalo, New York
Reviewed February 13, 2013

The decor of the lobby is very nice. The room was as described. It was clean and well equipped. Not the most up to date decor but ok. The location is great as far as how close to main highways, finding it and close to good shopping and restaurants. I would stay again. One thing that would be a good addition would be a free breakfast. It would not have to be elaborate, but something as almost all other hotels I stay at provide a free continental breakfast or full breakfast. There breakfast is expensive.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank 3221960
Reviewed February 4, 2013

Up in Burlington to get our daughter some medical help. Made reservation directly with hotel, requested connecting rooms, which they blocked for us. When we arrived after 3 pm, one of the rooms wasn't ready yet - the staff apologized, tried very hard to find two other similar rooms but could not. We told them it was no big deal, put all the luggage in one room, went to the mall, and by the time we got back the second room was ready, plus they comped us breakfast.

Rooms were nothing special, but nice. Good, firm bed, plenty of heat, flat screen TV with HD. (I hate hotels that have flat screens but are still using a junky analog signal. Really?) Very good free wifi. Well equipped bathroom, lots of closet space. And, even though we were facing (and pretty close to) the highway, we didn't hear a thing.

The breakfast was good - made-to-order eggs and omelets, and all the choices you could want. Don't know how much it costs, though.

The business center was the best I've ever seen: well-lit, two fully working computers, one a PC and one a MAC! Working, free, hi-speed color printer. Pens, ruler, stapler, actual desk.

Property is easy to get to w/directions from hotel, and very convenient to the mall and other shopping and dining.

Room Tip: Lobby is at one end of the building, so some of the rooms are quite a hike away. You might want to...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank OneToughMommy
Greensboro, North Carolina
Reviewed February 3, 2013

This was my first stay at a Hilton Garden Inn. The best thing I can say about the stay is that our room was quiet and the beds were comfortable. The cookies offered in the lobby were good, but the breakfast buffet was not good and overpriced. Many mid-range priced hotels are offering free, extensive and delicious breakfast buffets and Hilton Garden Inn can't compete because of this. Lighten up on the purse strings and give your guests a complimentary breakfast.

The room we stayed in was clean, but the bathroom had a terrible caulking job in the tub and around the toilet. Our room wasn't cleaned one of the days we stayed there which was strange, because we were in Boston all day. There had been some type of repairs to pipes in the building and the old pipes were thrown in a heap on the ground just outside our window along with empty soda bottles.

The location was more than acceptable and was only about a 15-20 minute drive from the Alewife "T" station.

Overall, it wasn't a terrible place to stay, but Hilton Garden Inn won't be at the top of my list the next time I book a trip.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Burlington
HYATT house Boston/Burlington
Boston Marriott Burlington
Boston Marriott Burlington
#4 of 7 in Burlington
Sonesta ES Suites Burlington
DoubleTree Hotel Boston/Bedford Glen
Candlewood Suites Boston-Burlington
Crowne Plaza Boston Woburn

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Burlington? Share your experiences!