“Perfectly Adequate”

Hilton Garden Inn Burlington
Ranked #3 of 8 Hotels in Burlington
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed August 9, 2011

friendly, clean, helpful. Second time staying at this HGI, and would stay again if I'm back in the area.

• Stayed: August 2011

Reviewed August 8, 2011

I like HGI because they tend to be new, light, bright, and well designed. This is obviously not originally a HGI, but was some other chain hotel that has been rebranded. Not a good reflection on the HGI brand - now I have to start researching whether the HGIs are crap hotels with a new name. The rooms are small and have little light, hotel room has a damp feel that can be reduced with A/C set on very low temp but then the room is freezing. Common areas are dark, small, and few, again with too little natural light. But the worst is the sorry excuse for a "fitness center" - two treadmills, one elliptical, and a multi-gym - for a hotel with 179 rooms! Of course they're always occupied so the hotel may as well have nothing at all since they're impossible to find available. Room itself was fairly quiet so if you don't mind the small dark room and lack of exercise equipment, it's acceptable. Hotel staff was great. If they added a few skylights, put in a real exercise facility, and did some humidifying it would be a good option, but without these changes I would look elsewhere.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 5, 2011

First off, I should explain that this trip was not for pleasure. The Hilton Garden Inn is less than a mile away from the Lahey Clinic, where my father was receiving an operation. My mother and I stayed for two days at the Hilton through the Clinic's travel agency and also received a room discount as a result of our situation. The Hilton Garden Inn is one of a few in the area that recognize and are sensitive to people with family in the hospital. We even received a 20% food and beverage coupon for the hotel's restaurant. They do not offer a free continental breakfast, however when my mother and I presented our coupon the second morning, the host told us not to worry and actually did not charge us at all!

The staff was extrememly friendly, from the girl at the check-in counter to the restaurant bar tender and host, even the maintenance guy we passed in the hallway--they made you feel welcome. We did not use the indoor pool, (though it looked nice) but there was a lovely little outdoor patio with chairs and tables where we were able to relax for a bit. I also made use of the available business center where I sent a fax and used the internet. That was convenient.

The rooms were average, though there was a microwave, which most hotel rooms seem to be lacking. As in most hotels, the walls were paper-thin and we could hear our loud neighbors, but that's to be expected I guess. What wasn't expected was the fact that the TV turned on by itself twice during the night. There was no sound, as it was just an opening menu screen, but the light woke me anyway. When I asked about it, they explained that it was signal interference and that it happens regularly. We ended up joking about it, but I suppose it could be annoying to a light sleeper.

Overall, my mother and I enjoyed our stay and felt as though the staff identified with our situation. The beds were comfy, the microwave was convenient, the restaurant food was good, and staff even better. The TV interference thing was weird, but it wasn't a deal breaker. Hopefully we won't find it necessary to spend time in the area again, but if we needed to we would certainly consider the Hilton.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed July 29, 2011

I booked this trip two months earlier, to have some solitary time on the tail end of a vacation up north. When I arrived at the hotel to check in, I was informed that my room preferences were not available. At this point I had no other options since all the other hotels in the area were booked up. AFTER I checked in, I received an email from the assistant GM saying that my room preference was not available. The room I was given was a handicapped room - there was no closet, very cramped, and the bathroom had no storage space. There wasn't even a place to store my suitcase! I've stayed in this hotel many times before and that's why I chose to return - the rooms were always a decent size, with a chair and footrest, plus a closet. After complaining to the management, all I got was a form letter apology email. I will not be staying here again. Management does not want to do anything to make your stay more pleasurable should you have any issues. Very disappointed.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled solo
mikehgi, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Burlington, responded to this reviewResponded August 8, 2011

Dear Guest,
We do apologize that your specific room request was not able to be honored. We do everything we can to honor all our guests requests but in your case we were not able to. Please feel free to contact me directly as I would like to discuss this situation with you and to find a way to make it right for you.
Best regards,
Mike Towle
781-272-8800

Reviewed July 26, 2011

We loved this place. Very clean, very family friendly, very comfortable, excellent breakfast buffet or made-to-order breakfast. We ate dinner in their dining room and found it reasonably priced and the food was good.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed July 13, 2011

My family and I took a trip through New England during our 4th of July trip and of all the hotels we stayed at none compared to the Hilton Garden Inn located in Burlington, MA. The hotel has that fresh, professional feel to it with all of the amenities you could ask for. The room sizes are about average but again kept in good, fresh condition, and has all you could want in them. The complimentary breakfast each morning was especially nice, including having a cook who will prepare an omelet or pancake to your liking. Finally, the staff was outstanding- always attentive and very courteous. Great location, right off the interstate for convenience, giving you easy access to travel to Boston, Salem, Gloucester, etc. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank Casper2131
Reviewed July 11, 2011

It was a small room, but had two queen beds, a chair, and a desk. Staff was very courteous and helpful.

• Stayed: July 2011
1  Thank eclipticform
Also consider these accommodations in or near Burlington
Boston Marriott Burlington
Boston Marriott Burlington
#4 of 8 in Burlington
HYATT house Boston/Burlington
Sonesta ES Suites Burlington
Hampton Inn Boston Bedford Burlington
Candlewood Suites Boston-Burlington
DoubleTree Hotel Boston/Bedford Glen

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Burlington? Share your experiences!