“Get the Lobster!!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Legal Sea Foods

Legal Sea Foods
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #5 of 120 Restaurants in Burlington
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Families with children, Business meetings, Bar scene, Special occasions, Large groups, Local cuisine, Kids
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Burlington Mall Road
Description: The signature dish at Legal Sea Foods – really fresh fish. All roads lead to Legal Sea Foods. In this case, we are located near four main highways (Routes 128, 95, 93 and 3) on the first level of the Burlington Mall. Make the most of our convenient restaurant location - come for the seafood and stay to shop. Our entrance-way is marked by a water wall. With over 40 varieties of fresh fish and shellfish available throughout the year as well as an award-winning wine list, there’s no doubt why legions of fans have fallen hook, line and sinker. We’ve received a boatload of accolades including “Most Popular Boston Restaurant” (Zagat, 2012/2013), “Best Seafood Restaurant” (Improper Bostonian, 2010), “Best Chowder” (Boston Magazine, 2010), “Best Seafood Restaurant” (Boston Phoenix, 2009) and the honor of serving our legendary New England Clam Chowder at every presidential inauguration since 1981.
Kailua-Kona, Hawaii
“Get the Lobster!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 13, 2014 credit card Amex Card Member Review

If you go to Boston, you need to have Lobster, and you should go to Legal Sea Food. My wife and I went there three nights out of 5 and had the best meal and the best time. Our waitress was Ashley!

Visited April 2014

• Korean first
Maple Ridge, Canada
“Great chowder, crab cakes and Boston Cream Pie too!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 9, 2014

We'd seen a show on the Legal Seafood On TV and were keen to try it our first night in New England, we were not disappointed. When the hostess found out we were visiting from the Vancouver BC area, she mentioned it to one of the managers who came over and made us feel very welcome. Dinner was excellent. We shared the Boston Clam Chowder which was delicious and we each had the crab cake combo or server recommended which also included prawns and scallops. Delicious!

Visited June 2014
Mystic, Connecticut
“A must!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 2, 2014

Not only did we receive outstanding service but the food was delicious. One of our table mates was gluten intolerant, and was treated like a queen as the manager brought out her food separately so it didn't get mixed up. Will definitely eat here again.

Visited May 2014
Stamford, Connecticut
“Excellent service and the best chowder”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 29, 2014

Wes topped there for the chowder, to see if it is indeed is the best. We weren't disappointed. The food was good, the dinner rolls alone were to die for.The choice of wine is extensive.
The service was one of the best we ever had. Meg, our server was very attentive, and made us feel welcome and comfortable. She as very helpful, with my husband's shellfish allergies. She really took her time, which is unusual nowadays. We definitely will come back!

• Visited May 2014
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Olesea Eric D
Hooksett, NH
“Not Impressed - Not Impressed - Not Impressed”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 27, 2014

I went to the Legal Sea Foods site at the Burlington Mall to purchase a $150 gift card. I entered the restaurant and was courteously greeted and asked how I may be helped. When I said I wanted to purchase a gift card, the hostess said, "Let me show you where you can buy a gift card".

She led me outside and pointed down the mall and said, "Down there on the right". She must have seen that I was confused, so she walked me a little further and pointed to the "Legal-to-go" stand, where there was a sign that read something to the effect of "Dear valued customer, we are currently away packing food - we'll return later".

Someone did show up, and I said I'd like to purchase a gift card. She indicated that she was not sure how to ring in a gift card and went to get someone else. A young man arrived and asked the amount. I indicated $150. He fumbled through a bunch of plastic cards that were apparently all $50 cards and turned to the young woman and said, "Just give him three fifties".

I explained that I wanted the amount on ONE card because it was a gift! The young man went to get someone else. The next person was courteous and gave an explanation that things were really messed up out back.

Next... The young man assisted the first person at ringing in the gift card, which was a successful event. When the transaction was completed they said, "Thank you", but never offered me a little bag to carry or protect the card; in fact they never even handed the card to me, they just plopped it on the counter!!!

I guess "Legal-to go" must mean "grab-n-go"

• Visited May 2014