“If it ain't fresh it isn't legal”
Review of Legal Sea Foods

Legal Sea Foods
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #7 of 127 Restaurants in Burlington
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Business meetings, Bar scene, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Private Dining, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Burlington Mall Road
Description: The signature dish at Legal Sea Foods – really fresh fish. All roads lead to Legal Sea Foods. In this case, we are located near four main highways (Routes 128, 95, 93 and 3) on the first level of the Burlington Mall. Make the most of our convenient restaurant location - come for the seafood and stay to shop. Our entrance-way is marked by a water wall. With over 40 varieties of fresh fish and shellfish available throughout the year as well as an award-winning wine list, there’s no doubt why legions of fans have fallen hook, line and sinker. We’ve received a boatload of accolades including “Most Popular Boston Restaurant” (Zagat, 2012/2013), “Best Seafood Restaurant” (Improper Bostonian, 2010), “Best Chowder” (Boston Magazine, 2010), “Best Seafood Restaurant” (Boston Phoenix, 2009) and the honor of serving our legendary New England Clam Chowder at every presidential inauguration since 1981.
Reviewed December 3, 2013

Had a great thanksgiving dinner here. Turkey was moist and service was really great. I actually had two servers making sure we had everything we needed. Having a reservation meant immediate seating too.

1  Thank Wes H

Reviewed November 29, 2013

We dined here on a Saturday about 5:30. Wait for a table was 1 1/2 hours but we were able to sit at a high top in the bar area that someone had just vacated. The tables were so close we felt part of the conversation of the couple next to us. It was very dark and the menus could barely be read. It didn't have a clean feeling.
To his credit the manager did seem to working hard to seat people as quickly as possible and came over to address a cold entrée served to the other table next to us.
There was nothing wrong with he quality of our entrees, but it was the overall dining experience that my rating reflects. When you spend upwards of $100 for dinner, you expect a decent table and good service. Our server at first rushed us to place our order but then never came back to see if we were satisfied. If you want to dine at Legal, try Kendall or one of the Boston locations if you can.

Reviewed November 12, 2013

I have eaten at Legal several times at other locations and was alway very pleased. This one, located in the Burlington Mall does not live up to the Legal standard. I visited on two occasions in the past month. The first time I was dinning alone and felt even more alone after I sat down. The service was non existent. I was there over an hour and a half from the time I sat down till the time I left. I was given a menu and waited forever for someone to take my drink order. I finished the beer I ordered and waited some time before the waitress finally came to take my order and see if I needed another drink. My meal came and it was good, however nobody other than myself would have known if it was good, bad,or ugly. The waitress never came back to ask how my meal was or if everything was alright. The food was good, the service stunk.
My second trip was in the afternoon and with my wife. This time the waitress was very attentive and the service was great. The food was "different". The lobster bisque was outstanding, salad was a salad. The stiffed lobster was disappointing. The lobster was over cooked and the stuffing very, very dry. The stuffing was FAR more crumbled crackers that stuffing. Very disappointing.

1  Thank badbullgator
Reviewed November 5, 2013

Excellent service, great drinks, and Annies Scrod with bread crumbs is the best meal ever for a New Englander.

1  Thank funsmith1
Reviewed November 4, 2013

I was in the area on business - one night only - and I wanted a guaranteed great meal. Legal Seafood has always been a go to place and this was my first visit to the one in the Burlington Mall. Great service and great food.

1  Thank SandDfromVT