“fish and freashness” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Legal Sea Foods

Legal Sea Foods
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #5 of 120 Restaurants in Burlington
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Families with children, Bar scene, Kids, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Burlington Mall Road
Description: The signature dish at Legal Sea Foods – really fresh fish. All roads lead to Legal Sea Foods. In this case, we are located near four main highways (Routes 128, 95, 93 and 3) on the first level of the Burlington Mall. Make the most of our convenient restaurant location - come for the seafood and stay to shop. Our entrance-way is marked by a water wall. With over 40 varieties of fresh fish and shellfish available throughout the year as well as an award-winning wine list, there’s no doubt why legions of fans have fallen hook, line and sinker. We’ve received a boatload of accolades including “Most Popular Boston Restaurant” (Zagat, 2012/2013), “Best Seafood Restaurant” (Improper Bostonian, 2010), “Best Chowder” (Boston Magazine, 2010), “Best Seafood Restaurant” (Boston Phoenix, 2009) and the honor of serving our legendary New England Clam Chowder at every presidential inauguration since 1981.
Mandello del Lario, Italy
“fish and freashness”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 28, 2012

Once a year I am in the Burlington area and I can't avoid to come to Legal.
The place is alwajs the same, and it has all it takes to please you. It's located in a popular mall and is often full.
The service is done by friendly staff, maybe not to trained: we where 2 and nothing came simultaneously, and when asking for something (extra lemon for the oysters) it took a while to attract the attention of someone.
This is all I can say to improve, on the other side I was very pleased of the unexpected flexibility: I wanted a grilled sole, but in the menu it was cooked in other fashions, I asked to have it grilled and I expected a no, but, there it was a grilled sole in my plate. Deliciosly fresh!
Also oysters and clams are worth trying

• Korean first
Paris, France
“Always excellent fare”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 23, 2012 via mobile

The restaurant is located in the Burlington Mall. The fish dishes are always fresh-the price is competitive-service is excellent

1 Thank Michael S
Chelmsford, Massachusetts, United States
“Legals Burlington Mall”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 18, 2012

Legals Sea Food is a Chain that originated in Cambridge and now has many locations. Some are better that others. The one at the Burlington Mall consistenly delivers for my wife and I. We always sit in the self seating area around the bar because the service is always superior. A few times we've taken a table in the main restaraunt and have been dissapointed in the service. They are very flexible with the menu to meet your needs. My wife and I are not big eaters and they allow us to order off the lunch menu in the evening. Only difference is the main course potion is slightly smaller and you get one side instead of two. I regularly get the wood grilled Sea Scallops and they were excellent again. I has the onion strings as my side. My wife had grilled salmon and mashed potatoes and was very happy as well. Burlington Mall Legals is definitely a good one. Prudential Center location not so much.

Boston, Massachusetts
“Great Seafood All The Time”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 14, 2012

There's no place like Legal. It's consistently excellent. The prices are a bit high, but good seafood is hard to find, even in the Boston area.

Visited November 2012
Budapest, Hungary
“great seafood”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 9, 2012

I enjoy seafood in MA, and Legal helps me.
They had really fresh oysters and clams, their lobster bisque is very tasty.
Service is helpful, and we got everything fast and fresh.

1 Thank dennist530