“Pricey Gem Just Off the Highway”
Review of L'Andana

L'Andana
Reserve with OpenTable
L'Andana is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4 of 125 Restaurants in Burlington
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Reviewed April 8, 2013

For that "special" occasion and you have extra dollars to spend, you'll be pleased with this restaurant. Pricey it is but the food and service is exceptional. Though the main dining room is essentially one "large", open room and there could be more distance between tables, the atmosphere and food quality makes up for it. The portions are small but food presentation and quality is large. Seating is prompt and the entire staff are gracious, attentive and genuinely interesed in making your vist a lasting memory. Recommend the wood grilled 8oz Filet with roasted garlic butter and the heavenly chocolate cake with vanilla gelato. Short distance off Route 128/95 but over a less than smooth paved Cambrigge Street.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

My wife and I haven't been to L'Andana's in quite a while and thought it's time to break out of our usual haunts and give it a try. Our last experience was great and we didn't expect anything less time around.

Upon arrival we were seated promptly with a beautiful table situated in the back of the restaurant. The ambiance was warm and comfortable with low lighting, high ceilings and relaxing colors throughout. This with a energy buzzing, proved to be a very inviting combination.

Our waiter arrived with a friendly smile and took our drink orders. My martini was perfectly mixed and my wife ordered a flavorful, half bottle of chardonnay.

Our orders consisted of crispy calamari and a wonderful 16oz. veal chop with mushroom masala and parmesan polenta for me and an arugula with pecorino and lemon vinaigrette salad followed by a salmon and basil oil for my wife.

I've never had a veal chop as tender and tasty as this dish. This combination of flavors worked so well together and not a crumb was left on the plate (bad form I know). My wife's salmon was cooked to perfection and the presentation and flavor was as good or better than some of the more famous seafood restaurants in Boston.

Though a bit pricey, it's so well worth the experience, It's a Jamie Mammano restaurant so you know it will never disappoint. Free valet parking, adds a nice value add to the overall experience as well.

Go,, enjoy.

1  Thank JoeP71688
Reviewed March 12, 2013

Came for birthday celebration and the food was excellent although a little pricey. The ambiance Is outstanding as is the decor. Ordered Gnocchi, salmon, wild mushroom risotto, and veggies. Yum! Apple crostata foe dessert was perfect for dessert. The service was very attentive. Highly recommend if looking to not drive all the way into Boston from metro west.

Reviewed March 12, 2013

A group of us went for a night out. The atmosphere was good, the place was hard to find. I t appears to be near an office park. But it had ample parking in the back and complimentary valet parking.

The staff did its job and were helpful. Judging by the menu it appears that meat is there bread and butter.

The bread was thick toasted and very good. The dipping oil provided had some sauce in it and very little oil. I would prefer no sauce and more oil.

Appetizers were plentiful and the sides to the meal were very good. They came in small cast iron plates. The risotto with mushrooms are recommended.

I had order the rib-eye steak with bone in (medium-rare). It came out looking good with butter on top and steak sauce poured over it. UNFORTUNATELY, I did not like the steak. It was not cooked as I asked and was a little tough. I mentioned it to the head waiter who offered me something else, but I declined. At $48.00 it was expensive and disappointing.

Others had the salmon and except for the size (I thought it was a little too small) nobody complained.

Would I go again? Probably not. At that price range it makes sense to go a dedicated steak house. If you want a night out out, nice atmosphere, don't want to deal with the big city and
your wallet has too much money in it, I would recommend it.

Reviewed March 7, 2013

Our dinner was excellent as was the waiters. . A very pleasant evening in a beautiful setting. We were seated within 5 minutes of our reservation time upon arrival.