“Unforgettable stay and would recommend to all!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Buckland
Bird's Nest Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 1 Buckland B&B and Inns
Milford, New Hampshire
“Unforgettable stay and would recommend to all!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 12, 2011

My boyfriend and I booked a whitewater rafting trip at Crabapple for the day and searched online for a nice bed and breakfast to stay. I found a $10 off our stay on since we were rafting with Crabapple on their website and they didn't hesitate to honor that which was great. Since my boyfriend and I don't get a lot of time together with our busy schedules, a peaceful, romantic night was definitely in order. I stumbled upon Bird's Nest B&B and didn't realize booking a room here would be the best decision we could make all weekend. There are so many things I loved about our stay that I'm not quite sure where to start exactly. Pat was so accomodating. Since we didn't make our 3:00 check in because our whitewater rafting trip didn't end until 7, we showed up late and Pat came greeting us at the door. She set up zucchini brownies and some beautiful teacups with all varities of tea on the table on the screened porch. It was so relaxing sipping hot tea, eating the delicious brownies, listening to the nearby brook. We stayed in the Goldfinch Room and enjoyed our room very much, the bed was comfortable and the room was clean. The bathroom (which is a shared bathroom) was very clean and had everything we need to make our stay comfortable. Although we were lucky enough to have the whole place to ourselves, which was an added bonus. In the morning we woke up to a beautiful display of orange juice, tea, a fruit cup, and last but absolutely not least the bird's nest omelet. There aren't enough words to describe how delicious and fresh everything was. Most ingredients were from their vegetable and herb garden. It was exquisite. Cyndy kindly shared her recipe with me, although I know I won't be able to make it nearly as good as she did. Pat and Cyndy came out after we ate our meal and chatted with us about this and that. I felt like we were hanging out with some old family friends that we haven't seen in a while. They told us about some hiking trails and other activities for us to do in the area before we left. I'm glad we were able to talk to them because the Bridge of Flowers, not far from there, was absolutely beautiful and I've never seen anything like it. Before we set off for our hiking and exploring adventure, Pat sent us away with a bag full of goodies and a smile on our faces. My boyfriend and I were looking for a peaceful, relaxing atmosphere for us to reconnect after a very busy summer and at the Bird's Nest, that is what were able to do. We are eager to come back here and make more memories with some wonderful people at an amazing B&B.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Waltham, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 15, 2011

We were referred to the Bird's Nest by the folks at the Double Edge Theatre in nearby Ashfield, otherwise we might not have thought to stay in Buckland. It is a very quiet spot, off the main road, one of those wonderful colonial farmhouses that folks have added onto over the years. Overall, it is not super fancy, has a nice homey feel. The room was meticulously maintained, the bed very comfortable. The breakfast was a standout, and our hosts really paid attention to every detail.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Bob S
Topsham, Maine
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 25, 2011

Pat and Cyndy have created an inviting and high quality B&B. Bird's Nest Inn is set in a quiet rural corner of NW MA with easy access to the wealth of activities the area is known for. The rooms are comfortable, spotless and attractive. The hosts are engaging but not intrusive; helpful and generous. The breakfast delicious and bountiful. I was visiting my daughter and appreciated how welcome she was made. All in all I hope I will have a chance to visit again whether or not my daughter continues to live in Buckland.

Room Tip: Robin's Nest Room-don't let bath tub put you off. sweet suite and bath fun.
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
San Mateo, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 15, 2011

This is a charming inn with art everywhere and a most adorable little dog named Yoda who will greet you at the door. Cyndi and Dennis are really lovely people, very welcoming, and Cyndi is an awesome cook who is willing to share recipies. There's just nothing better than arriving to the wonderful smell of brownies baking in the kitchen. The breakfasts were big and tasty, with Finnish pancakes, eggs benedict, scones, fruit salad, and local maple syrup as just an example. We had a great time talking to Cyndi and Yoda curled up with us on the couch as we watched a DVD in the living room. Our room, the Goldfinch, was sunny and roomy, and photos just don't do justice to this lovely little inn with the super nice people.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
San Diego, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 22, 2011

My best friend and I had a great time at the Bird's Nest. Cyndi and Dennis are super nice and very helpful. The house is beautiful; our room was lovely; the breakfast was delicious and fueled us for snowshoeing. We felt at home from day one with cookies and brownies awaiting us. Cyndi spent an entire day chatting and teaching us different painting techniques, which was a lot of fun. And their dog Yoda is very sweet. We can't wait to go back next year!

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with friends
Bernardsville, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 22, 2011

I just returned from a trip to the Berkshires to snowshoe with my best friend. Cyndi and Dennis were gracious and attentive hosts at the beautiful Bird's Nest. Our room was large and immaculately clean. The food was terrific and Cyndi always sent us off on the trail with tasty muffins and breads. Buckland is very quiet and beautiful. Shelburne Falls has a great organic market and we loved the Pub. If you are heading to Massachusetts and want to have solitude and adventure and a cozy bed at the end of a day's travels, come to the Bird's Nest.

Best of all, Cyndi offered to treat us to a lesson in watercolors and pastels. We spend most of a day around the dining room table painting and drawing with encouragement and tips from Cyndi. You are not going to find that anywhere else. We paid less for this family atmosphere and a chance to really get to know the area than we would have paid at a motel. We will be back for more fun.

• Stayed February 2011
Brooklyn, NY
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 6, 2010

Pat, Ellen, and Dennis are your hosts at this historic and charming B&B. They couldn't be lovelier. They welcomed us back from a long day out with warm zucchini chocolate bread and tea (yum!) and the next morning we had the most delicious blueberry pancakes, sausages, and a cup of fresh fruit. My only regret from the entire weekend is that we had to turn down eggs that morning because we were stuffed and also had to head out to our day of whitewater rafting at Zoar. 10 hours later - I remarked to my husband, My only regret about this weekend is not trying Ellen's egg breakfast! The folks at Bird's Nest are kind and welcoming. I recommend this B&B to all who want to stay in the area (Mohawk Trail, Deerfield, Berkshires!)

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Buckland
Hampton Inn & Suites Greenfield
#1 of 1 in South Deerfield
Brandt House
Brandt House
#2 of 4 in Greenfield

Been to Bird's Nest Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!