Rodeway Inn
Comfort Inn(Rockland)
$112
$117
$110
See what travelers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed December 3, 2013

OK, first the good...the front desk staff was great and very helpful. Breakfast was good as well with lots of cereals, waffles, etc. This was the lowest priced hotel-chain type property in an area that is WAY overpriced to begin with (metro Boston). The motel is part of the Quality Inn chain so I figured 'how bad can it be'?.

Now, the not so good...by far, this was the most run down property I've stayed at in the Choice Hotels family and I've been a member for many years. It's on the edge of a "rough" neighborhood and seems to be a magnet for undesirable types. The hallway between the lobby and the main part of the hotel smelled horrible - I had to hold my breath each time I walked through.

Another reviewer below mentioned it may be a halfway / rental property ('By The Week' type of residence), and I would agree. Most of the people who were staying here didn't seem to be travelers, but renting rooms. I may see a mom & pop motel doing this but not a national chain like Quality Inn. There were also people loitering in the parking lot in the evenings - kind of creepy. I'm a single guy and was a little uneasy with this, so I would not recommend this motel for traveling families. For someone who is traveling through, needs a relatively inexpensive bed for the night, wants to get their Choice Rewards points, and won't be spending much time here, it's OK. Otherwise, choose another spot.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank ronmichaels
Sidd B, General Manager at Rodeway Inn, responded to this reviewResponded December 31, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to complete a TripAdvisor survey regarding your recent stay at our hotel.

On behalf of our entire team, I would like to apologize for failing to exceed your expectations. Your satisfaction is important to us and we will be using the feedback you provided to make improvements to ensure we offer an exceptional experience for our guests in the future. Also on the positive side I see that the staff was able to provide you with good service.

Reviewed November 14, 2013

I'm a Platinum Choice member, so I didn't just fall off the turnip truck. $110 a night is way over-priced. I agree with many of the TA reviewers about this property being run down. Very true. The customer service was good. The room was bad. Housekeeping did a poor job cleaning. There were water spots all over the sink and tinkle splash marks all over the toilet seat. Gross! I think housekeeping just took a dirty towel and gave one swipe over the whole bathroom. C'mon man! Breakfast was okay, typically of a choice hotel, nothing special. The owner(s) need to improve this property if they continue to ask $110/night. I will wait a year to see what happens. If there are no changes, I will take my business elsewhere.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank ILOVERMONT4
Reviewed June 25, 2013

The staff was nice but that is all I can good about my stay! My air conditioner blew cold air but the air was hot in my room, the carpets not only had multiple stains but there was a huge iron burn in it. Above my headboard there was multiple stains and holes and bumps. My remote control for the 80's TV I had did not work and had no backing to it. After bringing it to the reception desk, they came back on turned the TV on manually but the reception was terrible and he had to play with the cables in the back of the TV to get it somewhat clear. He left to see if he could find another remote but just came back with the same remote with no backing and a new battery This has become a welfare hotel and there were so many families that lived there. I have no problem with that but don't advertise otherwise. For 110.00 dollars I could have stayed at another hotel that was honest about being rundown for half the cost.

Room Tip: Don't stay there
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Maureen0917
Reviewed May 2, 2013 via mobile

To be very honest, this cheap old motel really need improvement, repair and new carpets...

For the high price they are charging, it's really disappointing to say the least...

However, I really need to mention the stellar great customer service from the hotel manager Siddharta and her employee Laura... I was warmly welcome, very kind and courteous... They open me the doors, hold a cart for me, offer me some treats, and the manager even let me use his personal desktop to print a color page I needed... This is wonderful attentive customer service!!!

But, unfortunately, the room was very blah... Very old shower, dirty carpet... Nice flat screen tv but very slow and bad wifi Internet...

No fridge or microwave, no business center... Pretty basic breakfast... Ok I guess...

Will I come back ? Probably not but I did really appreciate the courtesy and kindness of the motel staff...

• Stayed: May 2013
1  Thank benoitleblanc
Sidd B, General Manager at Rodeway Inn, responded to this reviewResponded May 6, 2013

Dear Mr. LeBlanc

First of all I want to Thank You for your Kind and Generous works for the staff members at Quality Inn Brockton. We also appreciate your feedback because it helps us improve our service standards and hopefully apply some of your valued suggestions for our guests. I would still hope you will give us another opportunity and stay with us again soon.

Thank you.

Reviewed September 21, 2012

The lounge was exceptional, the karaoke was out of this world. The guy that did Buddy Holly was impeccable, spot on. It's a wild ride for everyone enjoy! The excitement and entertainment was out of this world. Put on your seat belt this is one wild ride you don't want to miss!

Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
Sidd B, Manager at Rodeway Inn, responded to this reviewResponded September 24, 2012

Thank you very much for kind remarks on our Karaoke Performance. We also have Live Bands on Friday and Saturday nights. Please do visit us back soon!!!!