WINNER WONDERLAND
Win Big When You Book on TripAdvisor

“"Ok rooms, beware of housekeeping"” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Brockton (Boston)

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Brockton (Boston)
Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Brockton
Miami, Florida
“"Ok rooms, beware of housekeeping"”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2014 via mobile

Stayed several weeks for work and our first encounter checking in was awful. The front desk attendant was rude and seemed to be in an extremely bad mood and clearly did not want to take care of us. Through out our stay housekeeping was BAD. They Seldomely made both beds in the room which was was ridiculous to see one barely straightened out and the other completely a mess. The overall cleanliness of the room and bathroom was very poor I even heard a room attendant complaining to the front desk about a room that took her to long to clean because it was too dirty for only 2 people and this conversation happened right in front of me! Another time two attendants were arguing about who would clean what in the hall way very unprofessional behavior by that team.
Breakfast was not much better. All was re-heated food and the pastries were not fresh. The best thing was the waffles you make yourself. They always had cookies out for you to grab on your way in or out which were pretty good. There is only one washer and dryer in the building so we had to wait a long time to use it. The indoor pool was good since it was cold when we arrived. The building is dated and smells musty as you walk in and so do the rooms. This is a good hotel for short stays ok for the price but dont expect much more.

Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Jeannie S
CountryInnBrockton, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Brockton (Boston), responded to this review, July 15, 2014
We apologize for the disappointing service you received from our staff. Our team works hard to make sure our guests are comfortable and receive our best service. To discuss your concern further, please contact the hotel directly, and ask for the General Manager.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Baltimore, Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 30, 2014

I stayed here two nights and had a very pleasant stay. The front desk staff was very nice; Heidi in particular was great, very helpful and sweet. The staff at breakfast was also attentive and helpful. We had some problems with the wi-fi speed, but overall it was a great stay!

• Stayed June 2014
2 Thank kmspill
Thank you for your feedback and for taking the time to write about your experience. We are delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to your next stay.

Please friend us on Facebook to stay informed of our upcoming specials!
Gainesville, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 11, 2014

The major problem I had with this hotel was the WIFI WAS SLOW TO NONEXISTENT. Really, they need to do something about the wifi--it's that bad.

Other than wifi...hotel was clean and in safe location with stores/mall across the street.

Boston: You will need a car to get to trains/T-stop. Brockton station is 2 miles and has parking, but is only for commuter train into Boston. *I recommend driving to T stop at Quincy/Adams or Braintree if going into Boston.* The T is cheaper, more frequent and goes more places. Plan about 45min-1hour to get to Boston by T/train.

Other: nice indoor pool & hot tub. Cookies and tea/coffee all day. Average breakfast.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank Karen G
CountryInnBrockton, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Brockton (Boston), responded to this review, June 12, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We take pride in our “Yes I Can!” culture and do apologize that you did not receive this level of service. We take the time to listen to your constructive comments, so we can continually improve our services. We are currently planning on switching over our internet service provider. We hope for another opportunity to exceed your expectations.

If you would like to discuss your stay further, please contact the hotel directly at 508-559-0099.
UNIONN=,NJ
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 8, 2014

I stay there at least once a month for a weekend get away with my honey. The staff are always friendly and welcoming. The cookies are always warm and ready for my tummy. The only thing I must say is the odor on the 3rd floor always due to the fact they have smoking room but it was not inside our room when we were placed on that floor during our recent visit just in the hallways, It was not a big deal for us since my husband smokes. The heated Jacuzzi was great on my soar back.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 6, 2014

I stayed at Country Inn & Suites Brockton for four nights at the beginning of June 2014, and will not stay here again.

Property is not too bad for location, but that is about it. The 'suites' are basically just large rooms and nothing more.

My room was on the third floor, the corridor of which absolutely stinks of ingrained cigarette smoke as it used to be the floor where smoking rooms were located. On one occasion, I had to report to the front desk that there was also a fresh smell of somebody smoking cannabis.

Do not be taken in by the advertised' High Speed Wifi) - it is nothing of the sort. Wifi speed is ridicuously slow, and very intermittent.

The walls between the rooms are very thin, and if you are unlucky enough to have screaming children in the room next door as I did for two nights, you won't get much sleep.

The breakfast room is very small and only has six tables in it. If there is a large group having breakfast, you will be waiting for some time to get a table. There are no facilities to have an evening meal here either, and the surrounding eating options are very limited.

On the other hand, the front desk staff do seem willing to do their best to sort out any problems you encounter.

Nowhere near as good as similar hotels, such as Holiday Inn Express or Comfort Inn.

Room Tip: Try and get a room down the end of the corridor as the stairs and lift are located near the middle o...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
CountryInnBrockton, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Brockton (Boston), responded to this review, June 8, 2014
We are sorry to hear of your unsatisfactory experience for your upcoming stay. It is unfortunate when situations like this arise. We are currently renovation our guest room. We take every precaution to make sure that all guests are affected as little as possible. We hope you will consider us again when you are in the area.

Travelers are raving about these Brockton hotels

Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 5, 2014

I chose this hotel primarily because of the location. It's a good distance between Boston and Cape Cod / Rhode Island etc. I was pleasantly surprised to find that a 10 minute walk from the hotel is a shopping center with plenty of restaurants, Macy's, gas stations etc.

On arrival there was a very large group of teenage boys hanging around the car park. At least one of them was the son of an employee. Being female, and on my own I was not pleased when several of them called out (what I guess they think were compliments) to me as I entered the hotel. This was not the welcome I had imagined.

The lady at the front desk was dealing with a very difficult customer on the phone whilst I waited. The person on the phone had cancelled at the last moment and they were being told that they had to pay for the night anyway. I felt the employee was a little short with her and could have had more training on how to deal with the situation better - especially when a customer was standing there listening.

The room itself was very nice and clean when I arrived. Like some of the hotels they request you let them know if you want your sheets changed every day. Otherwise they would only do them every three days. I was there five days and my sheets were not changed at all. On the day they should have been I returned to my room at 6pm. The room had not even been straightened up, much less cleaned. I noted however that the tip I left on the bedside table had been taken. I found the cleaning lady and she told me she'd been really busy and hadn't had time to get to my room yet. I would have accepted that. They did appear understaffed. However, she had time to go in and take my money!!!!

There is a vending machine at the hotel, both food and sodas. They also have a breakfast daily which has the usual cereals, toast, waffle machine etc. Juice, tea, coffee and milk also appeared to be on offer. I did not eat there. Plenty of parking.

There is a pool and jacuzzi. It appeared clean however there is a window between the pool and the hallway (it's an indoor pool) so everyone walking by can stand there and watch you (goes back to my earlier comment re the teenage boys hanging around out the front). I did not go swimming.

On the whole it was a pleasant hotel. They certainly need to tighten up on a few things but I think it was on par with what you're paying. I might however try somewhere else nearby next time.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 3, 2014

I had booked my room Dec.13th. On May 19th, [ less than 2 weeks from our planned trip for a concert ], I received my notice that they had cancelled my reservation due to renovations.When you book that far ahead, you shouldn't have to worry about a room.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Carroll L
We are sorry to hear of your unsatisfactory experience during your upcoming stay. It is unfortunate when situations like this arise. We are currently renovation our rooms. We take every precautions to make sure that all guests are affected as little as possible. We hope you will consider us again when you are in the area.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Brockton
North End
Battery Wharf Hotel, Boston Waterfront
BEST WESTERN Rockland
#1 of 3 in Rockland
Comfort Inn
#5 of 6 in Foxboro

Been to Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Brockton (Boston)? Share your experiences!