“Love This Hotel”

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Brockton (Boston)
Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Brockton
Union
“Love This Hotel”
Reviewed January 4, 2012

I stayed there with me and my family of 4 The kids enjoyed the freshly baked cookies very much and the indoor heated pool.
This hotel is clean and quiet compared to a few other places I have stayed in Brockton
The staff is incredibly friendly and will go above and beyond to help
We enjoy our stay very much and will recommend very much so

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Tyler P

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Reviewed October 29, 2011

It's funny how when scrolling through the reviews of this place that most people either love it, or they hate it...not much in-between. Unfortunately, we have to lean with the "hate it" crowd.

It all started with check-in. We arrived at 5:30pm only to be told, rather matter-of-factly, that our room wasn't ready yet. WHAT??? We made the reservation three months earlier and we arrive at 5:30pm...and it's not ready yet? We were told it would be another half hour (again...REALLY???) so we drove over to the mall down the street. After walking through the grungy mall for a while we headed back and were finally able to check in. But the room was not what we had experienced in other Country Inns elsewhere. Sure, the room was huge. But it had zero furniture, other than the bed, a nightstand and a desk. The fact that there was no sofa in the "suite" (even though there clearly had been one in the past, since there was a massive empty space that went unfilled) gave the room a decidedly empty and sparse feel.

And don't get me started about the breakfast, which was a total joke. The choices were limited and not appetizing. My wife took one bite and promptly spat it out. We typically don't eat "free" hotel breakfasts anyway, but come on. Country Inns are usually much better than this.

Needless to say we do not recommend this place and would never stay there again. It actually has turned my opinion of Country Inns, in general and given the choice, would stay in a different chain in the future.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple

Travelers are raving about these Brockton hotels

Westport, MA
Reviewed October 25, 2011

I stayed here while spending some time in Boston. It was not too far from Boston which was convenient and it was extremely more affordable then staying in greater Boston. The room was nice, clean, and a bit modernized. There were fresh baked cookies available at all times and a decent hotel breakfast was served. Checkout was at noon which was a plus for me. The jacuzzi suite was above average compared to some other jacuzzi suites that I have stayed in....and probably one of the cheapest.

Room Tip: If you book through an advance purchase on their website, you can save a little more off regular pri...
1 Thank jfar88
Ontario, Canada
Reviewed October 22, 2011

We got a decent price using Priceline. The room had that rather dated look which is Country Inn's theme, but it was very clean. A fridge and microwave would have been a nice addition for a visit that lasted four days. The free WiFi worked ok. The hot selfserve breakfast was good considering it was included in the price. It changed daily and had bacon, sausage, biscuits, gravy, eggs, potatoes, burritos, cereals, 4 juices, 2 fruits, muffins, bagels, toast, coffee etc. The property has an elevator which is not situated in the lobby and is along the corridor.
We were not impressed by the immediate location. The exit from the parking lot onto Christy's Lane is downright dangerous because it enters the main road on a curve where the view of approaching cars is obscued to the left by a retaining wall. The junction of Christie's Lane and Reynolds is hard to figure out especially in the dark because there is no way to simply cross Renolds to enter the mall. The choice of nearby restaurants is very poor, even IHOP and another buffet place were out of business! The only choice was the Texas Roadhouse which although it's great value, is very noisy. The mall didn't even have an eating court, it only had several places like Popeye's, Subway and a Japanese fast food outlet. There is a Dunkin Donuts which is not part of the mall but it too is a bit hard to access from the hotel.

3 Thank niloc-7
Bedford, Massachusetts
Reviewed October 21, 2011

I stayed here by myself on a business trip. I do not like staying in the city (it's too noisy!), but I needed a place close to Boston - this Country Inn was the perfect choice. Very homey and comfortable, and a great location as well. I rented a car during my stay, where I drove into Boston each morning...just about a half hour to get there - not bad at all. There is so much to see and do - my nights were spent unwinding in the nearby Texas Roadhouse restaurant that was recommended to me by the front desk staff, among other restaurants that were also mentioned to me. It was nice to be greeted with fresh cookies available at the front desk as I went back to my room each night. No complaints about the room either, it was nice.

They have a big pool and jacuzzi that was never really crowded, as well as a fitness center which seemed to have relatively new equipment. Some other reviewers complained about the neighborhood, but this hotel sits right off one of the main highways. I never felt threatened, even being by myself. There is a 24-hour CVS and regular Walmart nearby which will save you if you forget to pack some necessities.

Overall, the convenience, location, and style of this hotel is what impressed me. If I'm ever in the area again I will be sure to look you guys up again!!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled solo
2 Thank Alfonzo R
Rockford, Illinois
Reviewed September 27, 2011

Spent four nights here on our trip to Boston & vicinity based on the location between Boston and the historical sites south of the city. There was plenty of parking at the commuter train station in Brockton.

If you're visiting from outside New England, make sure you google some restaurants and bring a list with you, along with the addresses. There was only one restaurant near this hotel, and since New England states apparently ban billboards and limit the size of restaurant signs, you'll have a hard time finding a place to eat (although you can find a Dunkin Donuts on just about every corner). The woman at the front desk wasn't helpful, either.

The suite was clean & bed was comfortable. Breakfast, however, was mediocre--they either didn't refill items at all, or maybe they just didn't refill them very often.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Member1966
New York
Reviewed September 26, 2011

Stayed here 5 years ago for my brothers wedding and I came back here because he and his wife just had a baby! Great hotel! Visited my family in Brockton, Loved the staff and breakfast was filling! We stayed in a one room suite. My parents stayed in the room and my brother and I stayed in the living room on the pull out bed. Very clean and homey, will stay again!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Brockton
Best Western Rockland
#1 of 3 in Rockland
North End
Battery Wharf Hotel, Boston Waterfront

Been to Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Brockton (Boston)? Share your experiences!