Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Brockton (Boston), MA
Elmcourt Hotel(Brockton)
  • Room Service
Rodeway Inn(Brockton)
View Hotel
All reviewscookieswafflespool and hot tubrhode islandreturn tripbacon or sausageimmediate vicinitysofa bedbreakfast roomcape codconvenient locationfree breakfastvery nice hoteldecent stayvisiting familydefinitely stay here againplenty of parking
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 22, 2011

We got a decent price using Priceline. The room had that rather dated look which is Country Inn's theme, but it was very clean. A fridge and microwave would have been a nice addition for a visit that lasted four days. The free WiFi worked ok. The hot selfserve breakfast was good considering it was included in the price. It changed daily and had bacon, sausage, biscuits, gravy, eggs, potatoes, burritos, cereals, 4 juices, 2 fruits, muffins, bagels, toast, coffee etc. The property has an elevator which is not situated in the lobby and is along the corridor.
We were not impressed by the immediate location. The exit from the parking lot onto Christy's Lane is downright dangerous because it enters the main road on a curve where the view of approaching cars is obscued to the left by a retaining wall. The junction of Christie's Lane and Reynolds is hard to figure out especially in the dark because there is no way to simply cross Renolds to enter the mall. The choice of nearby restaurants is very poor, even IHOP and another buffet place were out of business! The only choice was the Texas Roadhouse which although it's great value, is very noisy. The mall didn't even have an eating court, it only had several places like Popeye's, Subway and a Japanese fast food outlet. There is a Dunkin Donuts which is not part of the mall but it too is a bit hard to access from the hotel.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank niloc-7
Reviewed October 21, 2011

I stayed here by myself on a business trip. I do not like staying in the city (it's too noisy!), but I needed a place close to Boston - this Country Inn was the perfect choice. Very homey and comfortable, and a great location as well. I rented a car during my stay, where I drove into Boston each morning...just about a half hour to get there - not bad at all. There is so much to see and do - my nights were spent unwinding in the nearby Texas Roadhouse restaurant that was recommended to me by the front desk staff, among other restaurants that were also mentioned to me. It was nice to be greeted with fresh cookies available at the front desk as I went back to my room each night. No complaints about the room either, it was nice.

They have a big pool and jacuzzi that was never really crowded, as well as a fitness center which seemed to have relatively new equipment. Some other reviewers complained about the neighborhood, but this hotel sits right off one of the main highways. I never felt threatened, even being by myself. There is a 24-hour CVS and regular Walmart nearby which will save you if you forget to pack some necessities.

Overall, the convenience, location, and style of this hotel is what impressed me. If I'm ever in the area again I will be sure to look you guys up again!!

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled solo
2  Thank Alfonzo R
Reviewed September 27, 2011

Spent four nights here on our trip to Boston & vicinity based on the location between Boston and the historical sites south of the city. There was plenty of parking at the commuter train station in Brockton.

If you're visiting from outside New England, make sure you google some restaurants and bring a list with you, along with the addresses. There was only one restaurant near this hotel, and since New England states apparently ban billboards and limit the size of restaurant signs, you'll have a hard time finding a place to eat (although you can find a Dunkin Donuts on just about every corner). The woman at the front desk wasn't helpful, either.

The suite was clean & bed was comfortable. Breakfast, however, was mediocre--they either didn't refill items at all, or maybe they just didn't refill them very often.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Member1966
Reviewed September 26, 2011

Stayed here 5 years ago for my brothers wedding and I came back here because he and his wife just had a baby! Great hotel! Visited my family in Brockton, Loved the staff and breakfast was filling! We stayed in a one room suite. My parents stayed in the room and my brother and I stayed in the living room on the pull out bed. Very clean and homey, will stay again!

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed August 15, 2011

Will not stay anywhere else in Brockton. Keep in mind this hotel does pre-authorize for incidental and you will quickly see why It is fairly new and you can tell very nice decor room was incredibly large and very clean. Staff was professional and always greeted us. It was so quiet we got a great night sleep. Also the fitness center is in pretty decent shape as well they have weights that my friend really enjoyed while i work on the treadmill.
Looking forward to visiting that place again if I am in the area.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with friends