Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Brockton (Boston)
Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Brockton
Reviewed August 15, 2011

Will not stay anywhere else in Brockton. Keep in mind this hotel does pre-authorize for incidental and you will quickly see why It is fairly new and you can tell very nice decor room was incredibly large and very clean. Staff was professional and always greeted us. It was so quiet we got a great night sleep. Also the fitness center is in pretty decent shape as well they have weights that my friend really enjoyed while i work on the treadmill.
Looking forward to visiting that place again if I am in the area.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank SAVED R
There are newer reviews for Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Brockton (Boston)

Reviewed August 15, 2011

Visited the hotel with my family for the price we paid the room was nice and clean breakfast was awesome pool was nice clean and warm which my kids really enjoyed and I must say the Staff was always friendly and they always had coffee and tea AND FRESHLY BAKED COOKIES AT THE FRONT DESK WILL DEFINITELY COME BACK SOON.

Reviewed August 13, 2011

Room was dirty, and remained so all three nights. "Kitchen" was like something from the third world - someone probably slapped it together with parts from Home Depot in an hour or two. Wireless internet DOES NOT WORK, and was not repaired after at least a dozen polite requests over 3 dayss - they gave us the "we'll reset it and call your room as soon as we do" line several times. The phone never rang. No support number to call. The breakfast was served in a smokey room, not sure what those eggs were...I went to Dunkin Donuts instead.

1  Thank Michael A
Reviewed August 7, 2011

Where to begin....We try to stay at Country Inn and Suites because we usually get a decent hotel and a reasonable price. This shouldn't even be classified as a Country Inn. It's DIRTY and badly needs updating/repairs before it slips to dump status, it's not quite there but it's close. The rugs are worn out, the wall paper is ripped the chairs in the rooms are so stained I wouldn't sit on them and they're also stained in the lobby. The pool seems ok until I spoted the giant hair ball next to it. The ladder to the hot tub is all rusted and looks like it's going to fall apart. The owner really needs to reinvest some funds into up keep.
On to the staff. They're not friendly at all. When we checked in we told the girl we booked with our points and owed a different amount than she was carging us for. She shrugged her sholders and said that's what the computer has. We paid it and figured we'd call the rewards center when we got home. She didn't seem to care or offer any help at all. Also, beware there is a $100 incidental charge on your credit card that will be refunded 3 to 5 days after your stay. They fail to tell you this at check in, apparently its posted. It must be fine print because it was news to us. There was a wedding party staying at the hotel that returned from teh reception at 1:30 and carried on in their room a few doors down for about 1/2 an hour. When I finally called the desk the girl said oh that's the wedding party coming back! OH so that makes it ok to wake me up! Like it was no big deal that there's a loud party going on a few doors down.
Finally the breakfast. The choices were poor to say the least, they HAD eggs at some point be they don't get refilled apparently when it's gone it's gone. Also, the waffle machine needs to be replaces, the woman who was looking after the food told us we needed to really spray the machine after or waffle stuck but after I got it out my husband saw the problem. The non stick was gone from it and what's left was sticking to our waffles...YUM

Reviewed July 12, 2011

I recently stayed at the Country Inn & Suites in Brockton and could not have asked for a better experience. I wanted to take my family to visit Massachusetts (Boston in particular) and was admittedly nervous since I really did not know the area that well. I chose this hotel as it was among the cheapest near the Boston area, and really is just a short drive (about 20 minutes) down the highway to see all the city has to offer.

Upon arrival, I was happily greeted by the front desk clerk who made the check-in process painless and easy. During my stay, the front desk was always staffed with very personable people who were always willing to help me whenever I had an issue. The manager in particular was extremely helpful. I did not have a car rental beforehand, she was able to recommend the best car rental in the area for me, and even suggested some places to visit in Boston. Not only that, she was able to provide me with a discount to use at the nearby Texas Roadhouse for my family for dinner. I know it's not the hotel's job to do any of that, but she and her staff really went out of their way to make sure I was comfortable and knowledgeable about the area. I couldn't have asked for more. They even had fresh cookies available at the front desk!

The room was clean and cozy, perfect for my family. They also had free wireless internet access for my son's laptop to check out the places that we would be visiting during our stay in Massachusetts. The breakfast in the morning is free and surprisingly has a good selection. I didn't get to use the pool or the fitness center, but they were big and well maintained.

All in all, if I had to do it again, I would. The manager here really made the stay worth it. She didn't have to help me out at all, but really went out of her way to make sure everything in my trip was taken care of. I don't know anyone who wouldn't want that kind of help during a vacation in an unfamiliar place. I'm really glad I went with my gut feeling and chose this hotel. I will be staying here again next time I visit Boston, which will be sooner than later!!!!

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank Rocaz
Reviewed July 3, 2011

We went with a group for a convention. When we got there they had lost the reservations for two parties, even though we had reservation numbers! We came in on Wednesday and our flight out was on Sunday. We were told we could only stay through Friday as they were booked solid on Saturday. Then they put us in a smoking room. Yuk! When we went to check out they had found our reservations and told us we could stay. The management was cold and businesslike, never a smile in 4 days. The only good thing I can say is the cleaning staff did a good job and there were always cookies at the front desk. This hotel needs new management!

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 6, 2011

Wonderfully comfortable little Inn and Suites outside of Boston. Quick ride to the city and places south. Able to beat the high prices of the city and still get a pretty nice place to stay. The pool and hot tub are great. They even have fresh cookies when you check in. The staff is usually very courteous. The continental breakfast is larger than most and included. The price is a little higher than the other hotels in the area but well worth it as there is no comparison in accomodations.

Room Tip: AAA Discount can save a few bucks
  • Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Brockton
North End
Battery Wharf Hotel, Boston Waterfront
Best Western Rockland
#1 of 3 in Rockland

Been to Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Brockton (Boston)? Share your experiences!