“Good Food”

George's Cafe Incorporated
Ranked #17 of 173 Restaurants in Brockton
Cuisines: American, Italian
Reviewed August 11, 2013

The food here is good. The prices are reasonable. the staff is friendly and the feel is comfy. I had a steak and a Greek salad. We later returned for a buffet which was good. The bartender mixes good drinks. Also had a cannolie with espresso. Delicious! This is a place I would return to

Reviewed June 16, 2013

I have been eating at George's for many years. Consider the important things you look for in an eating experience. Food Quality, Price, Value ( Relationship of food quality to price), Atmosphere, Cleanliness, Consistency of Quality, and Service. This restaurant has a lot of seating and a vast menu. The Food is good, but it is not five star. The Price is reasonable. Therefore, the quality is excellent. Atmosphere is the Boxing and Sport motif. The restaurant is clean. The service is generally good. There are some waitresses that have been there forever. The Consistency here is also very good. You can generally expect to have the same quality of a meal over an extended period of time. I give George's a strong four star rating. It is a good local favorite. I like to have a few restaurants I can depend on over time. This is one of them.

Reviewed April 9, 2013

I have been a frequent visitor to George's for over 30 years. It pains me to write this review because I have always enjoyed eating here until the past year. The food quality is erratic and you can no longer count on their pasta sauce being the same each week. Sometimes it is so sweet that you almost can't eat it. Last week I had Veal Parmesan and the veal was tough and tasteless.I sent it back because it was luke warm and it came back microwaved. I suspect they are doing a lot
of this lately. The Chicken Cacciatore was always my favorite but the chicken is often rubbery and not a pleasure to eat. I hope that management will take a look at the inconsistent food that is now being served here. The pizza is still good and the salads are good most of the time.
Hopefully, things can be turned around.

2  Thank Bob41828
Reviewed March 19, 2013

I have eaten at George's before and always had a good meal. I don't know what happen to the quality or to the flavor. I ordered the Chicken and Eggplant Parmesan, the sauce was so sweet that I thought they put 5 pounds of sugar in the sauce. There was no other flavor, like oregano, basil or even some garlic. The same sauce was used with the pasta so dinner was a bust. My dinner companion had the Fettuccine Alfredo. It tasted OK, unfortunately he became ill after eating it.

1  Thank Larry R
Reviewed February 10, 2013 via mobile

Stopped in here the nite after 30 inches of snow. The place is packed. I ask if it was always this busy and they said yes. It was also the only place open in town. The food we had was very good and price very reasonable but the service was kind of sad.