“Amazing food!!! ”
Review of Restaurant Luanda

Restaurant Luanda
Ranked #55 of 173 Restaurants in Brockton
Description: Whether to dine with your entire family or enjoy a beer with your coworkers we welcome all into the friendly atmosphere of our restaurant. We have been operating in Brockton since 2003. Located along Route 123, we are one of the largest Lusophone cuisine based restaurants in New England. Throughout the years we have become a cornerstone of the community as a place where families and individuals alike can all converge to enjoy the atmosphere of community over a meal, a drink, an evening event, or a game. As anyone who has come inside will tell you, we are more than just a restaurant. We have hosted many artists, events, celebrations and everything in between within our walls. Our reputation in the community only continues to grow. We invite you to come inside so that you can see for yourself what makes Luanda, LUANDA!
Reviewed March 6, 2014 via mobile

Always come here with my girls to enjoy their great food,drinks, and dessert. The wait for the food is way longer than most restaurants but it's so worth it once your plate arrives. I've tried several of their plates and each entree tastes amazing. I recommend either the Shrimp Mozambique or Bife a casa. Oh! And the maracuja dessert? Tastes like heaven. The waitress was pretty cool and had a good sense of humor. Overall it was a great time and I would Definitely recommend this place. My girls and I always keep going back for a reason!

1  Thank Melissa V
Reviewed November 28, 2012

This restaurant is in a small strip mall across from a hospital and to be honest, not the best part of town. But don't let the outside fool you. I went to this restaurant/club because my husband's friend was playing Cape Verdean music there. I was very surprised that the dinner I ordered was really great - it's Portuguese style food. I have tasted Portuguese food all my life and I have to say that the cuisinara (woman chef) made some really excellent, fairly priced food. I had the Shrimp Mozambique (served with rice and potatoes) in a light spicy cream sauce was one of the best Shrimp Mozambique dishes I had ever had, whether it was at a local Portuguese restaurant or in Portugal itself. The selection of wines and drinks was very good also. I have returned a few more times and every time the food has been great. If you are okay with hanging out in the tougher urban part of town, it's a gem. The staff is also very friendly.