“Good Food, Dirty Dining area” 2 of 5 bubbles

Mc Menamy Seafood
Ranked #63 of 170 Restaurants in Brockton
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Richmond, Virginia
“Good Food, Dirty Dining area”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 23, 2014

We were visiting Brockton last week and tried out this restaurant. The food was very good an the portions were plentiful, although a little pricey. The dining area was very dirty. The mats and carpet stuck to the soles of your feet as you tried to walk. The table tops, appeared to have been wiped but also were very sticky to the touch. If the dining area is this grimy, it gave me concern over the kitchen area.

• Visited April 2014
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank Guybrush T

North Syracuse, New York, United States
“freshest seafood”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 7, 2014

their motto: the fish you buy today, swam in buzzard's bay last night. once you taste the food, you'll know it's true. fresh, fresh, fresh. best fried clams I ever had. prices were reasonable. atmosphere very casual. mgmt. was very friendly. we will be back!!

Visited April 2014
Bridgewater, Massachusetts
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“home town atomosphere”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 1, 2013

I been going to mcMenamys since I was 4 years old. Been there and it remains a tradition.
The best fish. I work in Boston and been to all the places. Mcmenamys give
A consistant pleasurable experience. Fish is not easy but when its right its wonderful.
the best on the shore.

• Visited November 2013
DuBois, Pennsylvania
“Disappointed”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 7, 2013

I was excited to try this restaurant since the hotel I stayed in recommended it to me on my first day in Brockton.
I ordered the seafood chowder which was very, very good! The taste was a bit different than any other I've had, but in a good way! I would definitley get it again.
As the main course, I ordered the Scallop casserole which came with cole slaw and a baked potato.
This dish was a HUGE disappointment. The scallops had absolutely no taste what so ever and the topping, which should have been crispy was nothing more than very soggy Ritz crackers.
The baked potato was dry inside and the cole slaw was rubbery and had such a heavy taste of mayonaise.
I was very, very disappointed and most likely won't return during my next 3 days in the area.

• Visited October 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank pam15801
Brockton, Massachusetts
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“You don't have 2 go far 4 good seafood!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 26, 2013

I wanted to give a shout out 2 Maryann who is one of the nicest ppl @ McMenamy's in Brockton. She is a Manager and Hostess and treats you like family. I take my 100 yr old Uncle there 2 eat so he "will eat." He doesn't like much food @ home so I know he'll eat @ Mcmenamy's for sure. I love the oyster plate and I love that I don't need 2 go very far 2 get them. I'm so happy that I can take my Uncle 2 one of our fave's in Brockton. Thanks 4 staying in the area!

• Visited September 2013