“Management was uncooperative.”

Maui Restaurant
Ranked #105 of 173 Restaurants in Brockton
Cuisines: Asian, Chinese
Reviewed June 1, 2014

We made a special trip from Middleboro, to at at the Maui in Brockton today. We shopped at K-mart, then ended up there for lunch. We had a new waitress. We've been customers at Maui since 1990, and have never had a waitress give us a hassle substituting one item for another. Sure, maybe there was an addt'l charge, but not just a plain refusal. When I ordered from the luncheon menu I asked to substitute subgum pork chow mein for chicken chow mein. An easy enough switch. The waitress asked the acting Manager and He refused. I went over to the counter where He sat, doing nothing, and asked Him what the problem was. He refused to budge. I even told Him I could get the same Chinese food at Yangtze China Garden just down Rt 18 from His store. He still would not budge. Then I said, "You realize what I'm going to do, right?" to which He replied, "No." Then I said, "I'm going to give you a bad review on Tripadvisor for your bad service." He said, "I don't care, do whatever you have to do." I ordered my meal as I was forced to by this gentleman. Paid $3.00 more. Tipped the waitress, who was guiltless, and here is the bad review. The Management and place stinks in my opinion.

Reviewed November 24, 2013

We always get plenty to eat at the Maui, but the owner is cheap, and the exterior of the building looks run down. In addition it is painted Red, and Red paint fades the worst, so if you don't repaint every so often, you end up with a pink building, ergo the Maui right about now.
He has one little waitress who has been in his employ since creation started, and she does great, but she has to work both sides of that great big building many times, and you can't get her attention, and she is the "only " waitress, because he is so cheap. Yeah, he could loosen up his purse strings, get the place actually noticed, and then he'd have the $$$ to hire a coupla waitresses. Food still is delicious.

Reviewed October 30, 2013

If you're looking for the best "American" Chinese food in the south shore, then look no further. Maui, a long standing staple in the Brockton and surrounding area has been consistent for decades and never disappoints. This restaurant doesn't try to be a high-end fancy Asian place, they know who they are and they are good at what they do. No frills American Chinese food.

Reviewed March 24, 2013

The Maui food is very good,their lunch menu is very cheap,always get the #7 spare ribs,pork fried rice and chicken fingers,good size restaurant have brought some of our friend here and they simply love the food.

Reviewed December 8, 2012

We had a great experience with the food! Chicken teriyaki is now my favorite. Generous pieces and marinated very well. Rice was really good. We got both shrimp fried and veggie fried rice. Cooking oils were clean everything tasted fresh. Called the order in and it was ready one minute after I got there. 1st time in years that there was no leftovers! Large order and you can see where they check everything off when they put it in the bag. Chicken fingers, crab Rangoon all perfect and tender. We got calls the next days asking again where we got it and how good it was. Take out counter very friendly.