“Good option outside of Boston”

Holiday Inn Express Boston South - Brockton
Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Brockton
Reviewed July 21, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here on a trip to Boston. The rooms have been updated recently but the halls and elevator have not had the same renovations. I found the price tag a bit much but I guess that just comes with the territory of traveling in the northeast. We received great service from the front desk and enjoyed the complimentary breakfast.

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank karrmichael

Reviewed June 19, 2013

I stayed here years ago when it was a Holiday Inn in need of renovation about 6 years ago. When I had to book back in the are I found it had changed to a Holiday Inn Express. The hotel lobby is very attractive and modern, the rooms are clean and updated, and the rest of the hotel is above average. I would definitely go back as it has finally become a modern clean hotel.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank deemantz
Thomas L, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Boston South - Brockton, responded to this reviewResponded September 30, 2013

Dear Deemantz,

We would like to thank you for such a fantastic review of your stay at the Holiday Inn Express Boston-Brockton! Your observations of our renovation are right on the money!! We love it too and can't wait to have you return in the near future. Thanks so much for staying with us and this very valuable review.

Sincerely, Tom

Reviewed June 18, 2013

We spent one night at this hotel and were very pleased. The hotel was clean and quiet and our room was quite attractive, spacious, and comfortable. Plenty of parking. The hotel is right next to a shopping mall with a number of restaurants close by.

The staff was excellent and very helpful. The breakfast was one of the better ones we have seen in the past few trips we have made. Good variety, well laid out, plenty of seating, and the food was good for that type of breakfast.

We recommend it.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Dan F
Reviewed June 13, 2013

Hotel is nice and well maintained. Rooms are very spacious and beds are kept clean. The staff are courteous. Service is really quick. Front desk people are very serious and do not smile. Food is just above average. The location is near to many local attractions.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank ACCUDIN
Reviewed June 4, 2013

When I booked this hotel, I was excited to receive a Holiday Inn Express at a great price through Priceline. However, I quickly discovered this hotel is the old "Westgate Hotel & Convention Center" I stayed at about three years ago -- which is the only time I ever left a hotel and paid to book another hotel!

Holiday Inn did a good job of renovating the hotel. The lobby area is all new and the hallways have new carpet and wall paper. Most of the smoke odor has been eliminated. The guest rooms have newer wall paper, new beds and furniture, and clean bathrooms. The morning breakfast bar was up to par with any other Holiday Inn Express.

But this hotel has many problems. First, the curtain in my room was partly detached and left a giant void when closed. This was a problem since my room was on the first floor and faced the parking lot. I asked the front desk if I could have another room or the curtain fixed. I was told they could changed the room since I booked through Priceline! So, I used towels and hangers to block out the light and view.

The A/C unit has not been updated and it omits a horrible mildewy odor. The bathrooms have open shared vents with no fan. You hear everything in the neighboring bathroom (hairdryer, clippers). I left my hotel room around 11am and retired at 8pm to find housekeeping did not clean my room. The front desk informed me they could provide service and the policy is to notify the front desk if you leave your room after 10am. At least they gave me a few towels and new toiletries.

It was a Friday night (May 31) and around midnight a few non guests were hanging out in the parking lot, drinking, and blasting their stereo systems. This continued for a while before I called my front desk from my cell phone (I figured the guy at the desk would be annoyed if he knew it was me). He said he would ask them to leave but the noise did not stop until 1:30am!

I was never so happy to leave a hotel.

Room Tip: Request an upper level room facing the back of the hotel.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
5  Thank Michael C
Thomas L, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Boston South - Brockton, responded to this reviewResponded June 10, 2013

Dear Micakron,

Thank you very much for all of your feedback and for staying with us. We are very pleased that you rated us well on the physical conditions and value our renovation. We are concerned about the issues that you ran into during your stay and apologize for these inconveniences. I will be contacting you directly in order to gain any additional feedback so as to address any problems accordingly. For community reference, all of our air conditioning/heating units have been replaced within 1 year and the bathroom exhaust fans have all been replaced as of last week. We greatly appreciate your business and I look forward to the opportunity to speak to you personally!

Reviewed May 2, 2013

My husband and I recently stayed there for 5 nights while for our sons wedding. Two of our children had rooms also. We loved it! Our rooms were cleaned perfectly no matter what time we left. The indoor pool was so nice and the courtyard lovely. We were met with hot chocolate chip cookies every single afternoon. The breakfasts were exceptional. They always had a variety of yogurt, fresh baked cinnamon rolls, cereal, juice, pancakes and a variety of bagels, breads and rolls. The hot breakfast changed every day from scrambled eggs, link sausage and hash browns, to sausage gravy and biscuits or omelettes and bacon. The staff went out of there way to help us in any way they could from getting us a cab to recommending restaurants. It was so very nice and we were extremely pleased with the hotel.

Room Tip: We stayed on the second floor and it was nice and quiet
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Shirley S
Thomas L, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Boston South - Brockton, responded to this reviewResponded May 5, 2013

Dear Shirley,

Thank you very much for all of your kind feedback and wonderful accolades. We are so glad that you found every aspect of stay perfect and that our staff treated you well. We greatly appreciate your business and look forward to the opportunity to serve you again at the Holiday Inn Express Boston-Brockton!

Tom Lehnen

Reviewed April 25, 2013

I read other reviews on HDIX's website and really questioned whether to stay here or not. Upon pulling up to the hotel, I noticed that the hotel is new. When I walked into the foyer, I could tell that this was going to be a nice stay. I asked the front desk manager why the reviews I read were so bad. He said that they are older reviews when the hotel was in an older building and the stigma to the location is something he is trying to overcome. The rooms were a little smaller than usual but plenty big for me as I had a king bed and was traveling alone. The bed was soft and the hotel was quiet. In the morning, the breakfast was good. I was pleasantly surprised that the eggs which are normally folded in half and filled with a lot of cheese which I don't care for were not that way here. Instead, they were folded in half and inside was a ham mixture which was tasty. They even had a pancake machine which I used. I would definitely stay here again the next time I am in the area!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Paul P
Thomas L, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Boston South - Brockton, responded to this reviewResponded May 2, 2013

Hi Paul,
Thank you very much for all of your kind feedback and wonderful accolades. We are so proud of the beautiful renovation results and of the fine customer service that we consistently provide our guests. We greatly appreciate your business and look forward to the opportunity to serve you again at the Holiday Inn Express Boston-Brockton!

Tom Lehnen

Also consider these accommodations in or near Brockton
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Brockton (Boston)
Residence Inn Boston Brockton
Best Western Rockland
Best Western Rockland
#1 of 3 in Rockland
Hyatt Place Boston/Braintree

Been to Holiday Inn Express Boston South - Brockton? Share your experiences!