“Delightful B&B”

Captain Freeman Inn
Ranked #1 of 10 Brewster B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed July 30, 2013

My husband Harry and I just returned from spending a few days at Captain Freeman. I wanted to write this review right away because I didn't want to forget. We had such a good time. This is a great place to stay, the rooms were clean, comfortable and have lots of little extras. It is very apparent the staff thinks of every little way they can make your stay a comfortable one. They were great! Nathan greeted us and although we came in early he was very accommodating. Donna and the rest of the staff were just as fantastic. They make you feel like you are visiting close friends. And for the animal lovers, you will love their dog Harrison!!! We enjoyed the DELICIOUS breakfast, the cookies and yes, the Port. The beach, stores, trails and restaurants are all close. This is a wonderful place to relax. I recommend it 100%.

1  Thank Minerva P

Reviewed July 22, 2013

I had never stayed in a B&B prior to my visit to Cape Cod. As I was planning my New England road trip with my mom, I decided to do what many visitors to this area do, and I took the plunge to stay at my first B&B! And I was pleasantly pleased and surprised! We stayed in the Eastham room. It was extremely comfortable, spacious yet cozy, well put together...essentially, it felt like home away from home. Everyone at the B&B was very nice, pleasant to talk to and really helpful. The breakfasts were as awesome as the other reviews I'd read said they were. The location was cool, allowing us great access to visit the other Cape Cod cities. We were only there for two nights and I can't wait to go back and stay longer. My mom was already planning her next trip there before we even packed up to leave! Thanks to the Captain Freeman Inn for such an awesome experience!

Room Tip: The pictures and descriptions of the rooms that are on the website are very accurate. So, you'r...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Onthego16
Reviewed July 22, 2013

All the other superlative reviews are correct. I cannot fault the Captain Freeman Inn and the few here who have given scores less than excellent were clearly at a different place to me. Set back from 6A so quiet, lovely gardens and pool and the house stuffed with antiques. But the best bit is the genuine hospitality. Nathan, I'm smiling when I see in my minds eye your response to my request for a refill to the complimentary sherry before my sons wedding at the church next door. A fresh decanter was provided immediately and Dutch courage was assured. Safe to say the event went perfectly. My family who had travelled so far from home to this important event found ourselves "right back there". For other travellers I'd say look in the website. We had Eastham which is perfect. I chose it after browsing and found the images on line represent things really well.

Room Tip: The rooms turn out to be exactly as they look in the website
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Belleraphon
Reviewed July 20, 2013

Our experience with the Captain Freeman was totally delightful. From the great help from Byron in choosing the room and booking to the warm welcome from Nathan to the friendliness and fabulous kitchen skills of Donna, we enjoyed every minute. Our room, the Eastham was spacious and well appointed. The staff kept our room and the entire inn impeccably clean. The breakfasts were excellent and we really appreciated the home baked cookies (always two kinds!), the availability of coffee and cold drinks for the taking. It was just the right amount of having friendly people who know the area there to help with suggestions. The grounds are beautiful, pool area very relaxing, and the availability of beach towels and chairs is a real plus. Additionally, we loved the location. The Brewster General Store right next to the Captain Freeman is very convenient. The location is close enough to the more crowded areas that you can get to them quickly, but also get away from crowds at the Inn and it's immediate vicinity. We definitely would return.

Reviewed July 14, 2013

I recently had the pleasure of staying at the Captain Freeman Inn in the Cape Cod area the end of June 2013 for 4 days! Wow.....what a exquisite experience! Not only were the staff beyond gracious and friendly, the daily breakfasts were fabulous and the rooms were beautiful, spacious and oh so comfortable! Amenities galore! I could have easily stayed an extra few days if my schedule allowed and would love to return someday! Such a beautiful Inn inside and out and I felt very much at home there and had more than enough privacy. I highly recommend it to anyone that needs a wonderful place to stay in the Brewster, Cape Cod area. You will not be disappointed! Look forward to returning to the area one day! :)

Room Tip: Absolutely every room is wonderful......just browse the Captain Freeman Inn site on the internet. U...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 11, 2013

We enjoyed the Captain Freeman Inn during the week of July 4. It is quiet, and well situated. It is a short walk to restaurants and easy to access the bike trails. Breakfasts were excellent and willing to modify the choices. The amenities are excellent from the soaps to the pool. Towels and chairs are available for the beach. Would definitely stay again.

Room Tip: The rooms that I saw all looked good.
Reviewed July 6, 2013

We just enjoyed a three night getaway at the Captain Freeman Inn. It was our first visit to the inn as well as to Brewster and we were delighted to find that our experience equaled that of previous guests. The inn is conveniently located right off 6A next to the general store and about 3/10ths of a mile from Breakwater Beach. We enjoyed being able to talk a walk on the beach every morning and then return to the inn for a delicious three course breakfast. Breakfast was served from 8-10 on a side screened-in porch which overlooks the pool and the gardens. The frittatas, french toast and other breakfast choices started every day off right. The afternoons were also very special with refreshing iced beverages and homemade snacks. We especially liked the yummy chocolate chip and oatmeal cookies. The inn itself was immaculate, tastefully decorated and very comfortable. We stayed in the Harwich room which was bright and cheerful. The innkeepers were very pleasant and accommodating. They made you feel welcome from the moment of arrival by placing fresh flowers and a box of truffles in your room. We would highly recommend the Captain Freeman Inn to other travelers looking for a relaxing vacation.Truly the best catch on the Cape!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Brewster
The Mansion at Ocean Edge Resort & Golf Club
The Old Manse Inn
#3 of 10 in Brewster
The Villages at Ocean Edge Resort & Golf Club
The Platinum Pebble Boutique Inn

Been to Captain Freeman Inn? Share your experiences!