Captain Freeman Inn
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
$145
OceanEdge.com
$225
Skaket Beach Motel(Orleans)(Great Value!)
$84
Olde Tavern Motel & Inn(Orleans)(Great Value!)
$89
$77
$84
$75
Groupon.com
Pleasant Bay Village(Chatham)(Great Value!)
$167
Sesuit Harbor House(East Dennis)(Great Value!)
$130
All reviewscookiesscreened in porchb bbreakwater beachthird floorcape codcakeschocolate dipped strawberriesiced coffeedog harrisonfarm to tablethe brewster general storeground poolrocking chairsshort walk to the beachfresh flowersattention to detail
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 10, 2013

The setting is lovely. The rooms beautifully attended. The breakfasts wonderful and the people gracious and friendly.
My husband and I wanted a special time and this was the best of possible places to spend it.
(There are even shelves of books where anyone could find a relaxing read.)
It was a short walk to the most lovely sunsets on the cape-or anywhere!
And I recommend the spa for a splendid, healthy pampering.
Near beaches, shopping, fantastic restaurants or just the rockers on the porch, we will be back.

Room Tip: look at the rooms on the web page and see what features you would most enjoy, they are well described.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Barbara298
Reviewed May 6, 2013

We have been staying at Brewster by the Sea since 2006...2 to 3 times a year. When we called spur of the moment for a 3 day weekend, there was no room at the inn. Byron suggested we try their other B&B, Captain Freeman. Being creatures of habit, we weren't too quick to change places. However, knowing that Donna and Byron would never let Captain Freeman be anything less than BBTS, we decided to try it. Needless to say, we were not disappointed. We stayed in the Wellfleet room on the third floor. It was very nicely decorated (we wanted to sneak some of the furniture out to put into the 1780 farmhouse we're redoing!) and very peaceful. There is only one other room on that floor and also a small sitting area. They had a refrigerator in the sitting room with a coffee maker and tea so we didn't have to run down to the main floor for any late night cravings.

The entire house is beautifully done. The main sitting area has a computer for the guests' use. The dining area is bright, looking over the backyard. In the warmer weather the guests will be able to eat breakfast on the screened-in porch also. The breakfasts were as good as at BBTS.

For a couple not liking change, we got a gift certificate when we left to give to a friend who is retiring this week. We're already planning another weekend in the Captain Freeman Inn with him and his wife. The third floor is perfect for two couples since each couple would have their own room and we'd have the privacy of taking the whole floor!

Room Tip: We've seen all the rooms and think any room would be a good choice.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank mms01089
Reviewed May 5, 2013

I stayed here for 2 nights to celebrate my birthday with my boyfriend, and I have to say this one of the most pleasant B&Bs I have stayed in so far. Impeccable rooms with beautiful decor. The scent of freshness is in the air...the entire Inn smells so wonderful and clean (no harsh perfumes, no, just the scent of freshness!)
Light piano music in the room upon arrival, also a bottle of Prosecco with chocolate dipped strawberries ready for us in the fridge as well as a little box of chocolate with flowers on the bed! I felt like in my own house.
Breakfast was amazing, fresh, light, and delicious. Portions are just right so you don't feel you need to lay down because you are so full that you can't move.
Very friendly staff, owners also extremely friendly and helpful. They recommended a few restaurants, all of which were amazing and worth going back for.
A beautiful beach is within walking distance and I will definitely not stay elsewhere for my next trip to the Cape! Thanks to Byron and Donna! :-)

Room Tip: all rooms are beautiful, I saw them all, no tip needed, can't go wrong with any :-)
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Jami2010
Reviewed April 29, 2013

Beautiful accomodations followed by a gourmet, and I mean gourmet, breakfast. What a beautiful place to stay. Byron and Donna's attention to detail is unsurpassed. The only place I will stay on the Cape.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Hank B
Reviewed April 22, 2013

My boyfriend and I stayed at the Captain Freeman the weekend of April 19th for our fourth anniversary--and we're so glad we did! Everything from the fresh flowers on the bed and quiet music playing in our room when we arrived, through the two person jacuzzi and beautifully restored original flooring, to the several course breakfast (made by the incredibly friendly and professional Esperanza) was just perfect. Donna and Nathan even arranged for a special surprise in honor of our anniversary!

The only downside was that the church bells from the church across the road rang late into the night, which made it a bit hard to sleep as deeply as we wanted to in the gloriously comfortable bed.

Room Tip: Honestly, all the rooms looked wonderful. The third floor only has two rooms, so it's a bit more private than the lower floors, and has much larger baths (jacuzzis rather than standard bathtubs).
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Anna R
brewsterbythesea, Owner at Captain Freeman Inn, responded to this reviewResponded April 23, 2013

Thank you for your wonderful review and again "Happy Anniversary". We are so appreciative of your comment about the bells as they are suppose to turn off at 10pm. Guessing that they turned them on for Easter and the timer was not corrected. We have already sent an e-mail to the church and will be double checking tonight. Still thinking about your great boots..... makes us want to visit our family in Wyoming!