Candleberry Inn on Cape Cod
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
$145
OceanEdge.com
$225
Skaket Beach Motel(Orleans)(Great Value!)
$84
Olde Tavern Motel & Inn(Orleans)(Great Value!)
$89
$77
$84
$75
Groupon.com
Pleasant Bay Village(Chatham)(Great Value!)
$167
Sesuit Harbor House(East Dennis)(Great Value!)
$130
All reviewsb bcape codcarriage housefamily recipesgarden suitefantastic hostsnew ownersbreakfast was deliciousgeneral storea wonderful stayattention to detailbeach chairs and towelsadirondack chairseach morninggrounds are beautifulthe perfect spotold friends
FilterAll languages
Reviewed February 12, 2012

Lovely inn with historic charm. Very clean, comfortable and conveniently located. Innkeepers gracious, pleasant and accommodating. Love it in the winter....can't wait to stay there in the summer.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Betty H
Reviewed February 12, 2012

Hospitality top notch. Superior room!! clean, crisp bedding with "sink in" comfort. Innkeepers friendly, warm, & welcoming, made for a wonderfully comfortable stay! Thank you Charlotte and Stu

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 19, 2012

We went to the Cape during Christmas because it is a fascinating micro-eco-system of tidal flows, lovely architecture, and incredible unspoiled and powerful ocean views. However, over a month before our arrival we asked the owner if he would book us a place for Christmas dinner and he said he would. He didn't and so when I checked with him he suggested we try a couple of places. I did my own research and we found the dinner at the old Brewster Inn and Tavern delicious. The breakfasts were adequate at the Inn but not special or well presented except for the made from scratch waffles one of the 4 mornings that we ate there. The extended family also used the dining area as a dining area for the holidays so we felt like we were interlopers. while we will return to the area often, we will not stay here again.

Room Tip: I would suggest asking for a room away from the road near the middle or rear of the Inn.
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Mkayes
Candleberrry, Owner at Candleberry Inn on Cape Cod, responded to this reviewResponded January 31, 2012

We were disappointed to learn, via this review, that your felt your Christmas stay with us was less than satisfactory.
We must gently set the record straight, however, for the benefit of future guests. We did indeed send you information about restaurants that were open on Christmas - as you requested - via email on Dec 6th. , with the caveat to "book early". When you arrived without having made a reservation, Charlotte was more than happy to secure you a table at the restaurant of your choice - the Barnstable Tavern - where you dined on Christmas Day (not the Brewster Inn, which was closed).
We enjoyed interesting conversation and good holiday cheer with you and our other guests when we offered complimentary holiday wine and cheese, and would never have guessed you felt like "interlopers" when you returned from your Christmas dinner as we, and 4 adult family members, were finishing our holiday meal in the dining room together!
Since the holidays are an especially joyful time for us, we're sorry that you didn't leave with a happier memory of your stay.
Stu and Charlotte Fyfe

Reviewed December 30, 2011

My husband, 16 year old son and I stayed at the CI for two nights right after the Thanksgiving holiday. I am familiar with the area since I usually stay at a friend's condo in Orleans. There is something really calming about going to the Cape in the off season. This was the 2nd B&B I ever stayed in and was very impressed. Stu and Charlotte were perfect hosts. I thought they were both personable and quite gracious. Stu would come into the living room and light the wood burning stove as I was reading. He helped my son get wifi service on his laptop and was not bothered by me asking many questions. Charlotte would make me a fresh pot of decaff coffee each morning even though I was the only one drinking it. Her apple turnovers were magnificent in addition to the home made breakfast. We stayed in the Seacroft Suite which was very clean. This is vital since my son & I are highly allergic to dust/mold spores. The large bathroom was also very clean. I would highly recommend this establishment to anyone and would return in a heartbeat.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Lori F
Reviewed October 24, 2011

We had a very nice stay at the Candleberry Inn. The Inn is very peaceful and relaxing. The Inn is located walking distance to a beach. There is no better way to start a day than breakfast at the Inn followed by a walk on the beach. Stu and Charlotte made us feel at home. We are looking forward to another opportunity to stay at the Inn

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple