“Perfection!”

Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed August 15, 2014

I am confused by my favorite website's reviews of Brewster restaurants. We bought into raving reviews of Peddler's, and it was the worst meal in a long time. Then we decided to take a risk and to go to Ardeo Mediterranean on Main Street, which was low on the tripadvisor ratings list (?!) because it was conveniently located.
What a great idea!
The room is pleasant, the hostess in remarkably efficient, the waiters are nice and professional.
We ordered five different dishes: steak, chicken, spinach salad, portobello, and fish. Everything was delicious, with a lot of taste to it. Filling, but not too heavy. Nicely and interestingly spiced and flavored, but not so spicy that it would be too hot.
The food was served promptly, and my son said that his tiramisu was impeccable.
Ardeo Mediterranean would be my #1 recommendation to a dear friend in Brewster. I would come here as soon as I have a chance. So many other dishes to try on the long and varied menu...
My rating would be: Ardeo- #1 in Brewster; Paddler's - #don't do it! In Brewster.
In case you wonder - I am a random first time tourist here, traveling with family. We were all over Europe and the US, and we love discovering new restaurants.

1  Thank AnnaTCI

Reviewed August 7, 2014

Each year we come to the cape and eat at Ardeo.The food has always been excellent as it was last night. There were some order and bill mistakes which have not happened in our past experiences. I would hope this is just part of the adjustment pains of moving to a new site but it did detract from the experience. The food is reasonably priced for the cape.

Reviewed August 6, 2014

We wanted to love Ardeo's more. We did take out the other night and got to meet the manager when we picked up our food, who then introduced us to the chef. They were both enthusiastic about the restaurant and extremely professional and friendly... so I'm sad to say anything negative at all... but I'd like them to do better.

We started with the burrata appetizer. The cheese itself was delicious, but the pesto garnish was bitter and the tomatoes it was served with weren't ripe at all. Overall this dish was disappointing. The spinach and goat cheese salad, on the other hand, was AWESOME. It was very fresh and packed with great flavors.

I had the kabob combo for dinner... the chicken had great flavor but the lamb was bland. The rice tasted like a kit I could make at home... it was good, but nothing unique or homemade about it. The yogurt sauce on the side was too gelatinous and lacked flavor - not good at all. But my husband's entree, the encrusted chicken spanikopita, was AMAZING. It's almost like the two entrees came from different places. It was fresh, flavorful, and inventive.

We really only liked half the things we got... but the staff was so nice and friendly I'd like to give them another try.

Reviewed August 5, 2014

Menu has quite a bit of variety with both Italian and Greek cuisine. Excellent seafood. Great to eat outdoors in the nice weather.

1  Thank J C B
Reviewed August 1, 2014

We only get to the Cape once a year, but make a point of going to Ardeo. This was our first time in their Brewster location. Both food and service were outstanding, and the new bldg is attractive, too. I always overeat here (yikes!). Can't wait to go again.

1  Thank Jeffsdate