“Morello's Worth the Visit”
Review of Morello's Taverna - CLOSED

Morello's Taverna
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed July 17, 2014

I hope they can get through all the name and management changes at this place because it has very good food. In our party of 4 we ordered the grilled lamb chop (special), chicken souvlaki, shrimp scampi and haddock francaise. Everyone enjoyed their meals and no food was left behind. The lamb chop was cooked to perfection and was a good size but it's still a lamb chop so I had room to help my daughter finish her chicken souvlaki, which was plentiful and had a great flavor from the Greek seasonings. Prices ranged from $18 to $21. We sat on the porch which had the window covers down since it was a rainy night and it was very comfortable, as inside the A/C was cranked up too much (as it is in every restaurant in the summer). Our only complaint was the family with 2 small kids that thought it was fine to run around, yell and scream as loud as possible. Never ceases to amaze me when I see parents that allow that to happen. But our excellent waitress, Susan, did a good job keeping us enjoying the meals and service.

1  Thank Sheadon

Reviewed July 16, 2014

This new addition has very good food at a good price. The new menu extends the options from traditional fare (burgers/pasta/parmigana/pizza) to more upscale items ( lamd chops etc). I did think think the food was a bit salty.

Reviewed July 13, 2014

We had a great Italian / Greek American feast here - servers were great food excellent and huge portion no need for a starter : pizza huge and tasty fish stew the best and the chicken SLOVAKi excellent. A must if you are in Brewster on a warm Sunday evening in July

Reviewed July 9, 2014

Food was really good, service was spot on, atmosphere comfortable and casual and prices are good for the area. I would absolutely recommend a stop here. We had dinner including spaghetti and meatballs and everything was cooked to perfection.

Reviewed July 7, 2014

Upon our return to Cape Cod, we found one of our local favorites has undergone a name & management change. Still ending in a vowel, it has Italian cuisine but Greek influence permeates the new menu with Jumbo Stuffed Lamb Meatball, Greek Salad, Chicken Souvlaki & Gremolata to name a few. However the Missus diet leans toward seafood and where better than Cape Cod? (My vote for Italian was overruled 2-1 with her having 2 votes, of course). Anyway we the Haddock Francaise (w/o pasta) and Flounder Special, both cooked perfect, delicious and even healthy. Dinner was preceded by generous glasses of wine and a freshly baked mini loaf of bread served with a tasty tomato spread and garlic cloves plus olive oil on the table. Environmentalists may object to the Skate Wing Meuniere on the menu but we didn't even know what it was till we Googled it and found it's considered an unsustainable fish as well as the more familiar Atlantic Cod. There's also a variety of Pizzas available all day and Lunch Sandwiches from 11:30am - 5:00pm. I recommend sitting in the par area for people watching, sports on 2 TV's and a slightly more quiet ambiance than the noisy main dining room.