“Bar none, the most outstanding din ing experience on the Cape.”
Review of Chillingsworth

Chillingsworth
Ranked #12 of 41 Restaurants in Brewster
Cuisines: French
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Chatham
“Bar none, the most outstanding din ing experience on the Cape.”
Reviewed September 22, 2011

My wife and I are just about to celebrate our 35th wedding anniversary in October and this will be the 25th consecutive year where dining at Chillingsworth will be a big part of our anniversary celebration. For a beautiful meal (including expertly-prepared soufflés!), exquisite service, fine wine and an overall experience of being completely pampered, no restaurant comes close to matching the consistently wonderful experiences we have had each time we've visited Chillingsworth (4 to 5 times a year, including the annual Champagne and Game Dinners, both of which are not to be missed).
We really love it here and always look forward to our visits - we've never been disappointed. I highly recommend Chillingsworth to anyone who wants to celebrate a special occasion or just wants to experience fine dining in its purest sense.

• Visited September 2011
1 Thank JuneChatham

Boston, Massachusetts
“Outstanding in ALL aspects”
Reviewed September 6, 2011

Had dinner in the main restaurant last Saturday evening with my family to celebrate my birthday. It could not have been better! Ambiance is unmatched anywhere as this venue is unique and magnificent. Antiques abound, the 300 yr old building is gorgeous; just beautifully decorated and maintained. We were seated at a table for 6 with fresh flowers, candles, and lovely china and silver. That set the stage for the best part that was to follow. Our waiter was delightful in every way and ready to meet our wants and needs.

The food was not only fabulous in flavor, but also in presentation. I had the poached lobster with sea beans; it was exquisite! The others in our party raved about the duck, scallops and lamb chops; everything was prepared to perfection and served so well. Dessert was equally outstanding nd I would recommend the baked raspberries and cream which was wonderful as were the souffles. At the completion of the evening the chef owner and his wife, the manager, came by each table to be sure that all customers were happy. We were ecstatic with our evening.

Kudos to the chef, server, and all involved in this extraordinary restaurant. We will return for another fabulous dining experience.

• Visited September 2011
3 Thank vdar
Berwyn, PA
“Odd (Arrogant?) Staff”
Reviewed September 1, 2011

We visited Chillingsworth Bistro many times in previous year and twice in August this year; once with my spouse and a second time with our in laws. The first time the waiter was so obnoxious...finishing our sentences for us instead of listening. I ordered a mojito and he gave me a pitying look like I was an idiot and told me they could probably find mint and pull one together but it wouldn't be very good after all what was I thinking to order a cuban drink in a french bistro. He was so insulting! When I ordered the pork he then told me the best thing on the menu was the samon (with no prompting from me) so my anticipation for my pork went out the window. The second time we visited we entered the tiny doorway and immediately we were in the hostess' way and in the way of the server trying to get to the corner table so my octogenarian in laws were shuffled around several times rather unapologetically. Enlarge your entry way or find some patience and manners! I think the food is good and the ambiance is good, the prices high and they are seriously deficient in wait staff with good solid people skills - lose the snarky attitude!

• Visited August 2011
2 Thank TessBerwyn_PA
washington
“Bistro you're no 5 courses says the owner”
Reviewed August 10, 2011

Chillingsworth has had glowing reviews in the past., but not so anymore. They offer a full 5 course meal, but we wanted a little less food and opted for the Bistro. It was a celebration for my daughter. We had reservations and had requested a window table. We were seated at a long communal table, one of the seating areas was a wooden bench with pillows. We asked the hostess if we might not be seated somewhere else. BIG MISTAKE. From there on in she assumed an attitude, refused to seat us anywhere else and was not able to offer any sort of customer service. Her attitude continued throughout our meal and we heard her talking to other staff about us. She promised we would be seated by ourselves, but thaqt did not happen. She then spoke to the waiter about a party of seven coming in and wanting to rush us through dinner.. It was outrageous and my daughter decided to speak with the owner. There were no apologies, in fact the owner pointed out we were eating in the bistro (not bistro prices} To further add to the evenings difficulties the food was a big disappointment. We ordered three different entrees, scallops, steak and pork loin all below par. The worst offender was the profiterole, soggy, without the fabulous egg interior, and topped with what tasted like Hershey's syrup. We were very unhappy, will never go back and were really appalled that the owner offered us nothing for an evenings celebration that was lost.

• Visited August 2011
7 Thank caperelli
Strongsville, Ohio
“Less than expexted”
Reviewed July 26, 2011

Celebrating with people from all over the country and were disappointed. Two orders of lamb chops ordered medium came out beautifully seared but cold on the inside. Three people ordered the special of pan seared sea bass; it came out chared on one side, tough,not flaky as it should be, with the blood vein of the fish still attached. The chocolate bread pudding is not bread pudding at all but a molten lava cake with coffee ice cream on top-it was delicious but not what was advertised or described by the waitress. Raspberry sorbet was outstanding yet came to the table 10 minutes after everyone elses dessert. What was good the dessert special of mango mousse layered in a sponge cake. We come to the cape every year and will definitely not go back. But if you go be careful where you sit or your chair is likely to be knocked by passing waitersvall night!

• Visited July 2011