“Umm, not what I remember!”
Review of Laurino's Tavern

Laurino's Tavern
Ranked #27 of 39 Restaurants in Brewster
Cuisines: American, Italian, Pizza, Seafood
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Cape Cod, Massachusetts
“Umm, not what I remember!”
Reviewed June 24, 2014

I have been going to Laurino's since the late 1970's. This visit I came with my husband and son. We ordered 3 pizzas (1 plain, 1 buffalo chicken, and one vegetable with olive oil sauce and no tomatoes), Cesar salad and onion rings. The onion rings were OK, standard, not homemade onion rings. The salad was lousy ... really acidic dressing and so much cheese my husband and I couldn't finish it (we split it). The pizzas were the problem. The plain one was just OK, my husband said the buffalo one was just fair and when my vegetable pizza arrived there were tomatoes on it. I looked at the server and he looked at me and said "did you not want tomatoes?" ... umm, no! I was very clear when I ordered it! He brought it back to the kitchen and returned moments later and said the chef refused to make another one since it was a "special order" and can I please just eat this one or he would make something else off the menu. Really??? I asked to speak to the owner. I explained my situation and she immediately headed into the kitchen to have the chef make it again. I thought I was all set. Waited and the owner brought out my "new" pizza. Ugh. I didn't say anymore, ate a slice and took the rest home where I promptly tossed it into the trash. It was literally tossed together. There was an entire slice COVERED in olives, another covered in onions with little on the rest of the pizza. It was clearly made my an angry, pissed off chef! I will not be going back, ever. We live on the Cape so that says a lot! I will hold on to my memories and that's it!

• Visited June 2014
2 Thank MomofGFgirl

Naugatuck, CT
“Could be better than average if they tried a little harder”
Reviewed June 7, 2014

Our first trip to Laurino's was just okay. I had high hopes after our server, Alex, brought the Sourdough Bread to the table, It was hot and the butter melted beautifully. It was burnt across the bottom, otherwise pure heaven.

We shared Potato Skins with Bacon, Cheddar and Chives for appetizer. I've never had absolutely tasteless potato skins before, but Laurino's somehow managed to accomplish this. Lots of salt and pepper helped somewhat, but when you start with an absolutely bland dish, it can only help a little. The potato skins were burnt on the bottom, too.

For entrees, I had the Shrimp Scampi with tomato and basil served on linguine. I have to say, the shrimp were tender and the overall dish very tasty. They will bring you a shaker of parmesan cheese, if you so desire.

My husband had the Philly Cheese Steak Grinder with peppers and onions. His review is that it was "nothing special". The meat looked overcooked and the fillings were not distributed well throughout the grinder roll.

Alex was personable and when I asked him if the pizza dough was made with the same dough as the loaf he brought us, he went to find out and the answer was yes. I have to presume that their pizzas are pretty good, but that's pure conjecture on my part. Will we try Laurino's again? Maybe we'll try a pizza from there, but they won't be my first choice.

The one huge plus we give them is that they have a large fire pit burning outside on the patio and so it imparts a really wonderful and rustic feel to your dining experience. The tables with bratty children screaming and kicking do not, however.

• Visited June 2014
Yarmouth Port, Massachusetts
“Words cannot describe! :(”
Reviewed June 3, 2014

The most disgusting food ever. The onion rings were frozen and bland to say the least. The French dip sandwich was inedible. :(

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank Katy S
Houston
“Great Casual Restaurant on the Cape”
Reviewed May 28, 2014

We recently ate at Laurino's and enjoyed the food, atmosphere, and service. The food was very good with large quantities for the price. Our server was fantastic as she constantly checked with us to see if we needed anything as well as provided much local information. On our next visit to the Cape we will definitely return to Laurino's.

Visited May 2014
Orlanda fl
“Never a Wait!”
Reviewed March 5, 2014

One feature of this casual eatery is a sign in the front declaring the fact that there is "never a wait", even in season here on the Cape. True, the seating areas inside and out are very large, but the food is probably the predominant factor.

Living nearby, we finally tried this place for the second time. We had mediocre lasagna on the first visit in 2008; last week we had pizza. Toppings were abundant and the crust was OK, but it was very greasy and had a slightly odd scent and taste. Good pizza is not hard to find in the mid-cape area, so no need to try this again. The often used rear door allows cool or hot air to blast the tables.

The wait staff was nice and the parking is abundant. And there was no wait.

• Visited February 2014