“Good Food”

Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Takeout
Reviewed July 21, 2014

Ate dinner here last night. Got the fried oysters which were great. I liked the fact that I could get a baked potato instead of the fries. My husband got the fish and chips which he was happy with. My daughter got the hot dog. We were pleased with the food though I do think it was a bit overpriced.... but everything seems to be on the cape. The restaurant was VERY clean which was nice to see and the guy cleaning the tables did so very quickly. We'll go back but not too often, only because of the price.

GNatcape, Owner at JT's Seafood, responded to this reviewResponded July 22, 2014

Dear UC2moore:

Thank you for visiting us and we appreciate the very nice review. I agree with you that seafood prices are outrageously high, and this year has been the worst ever. Clams, oysters, scallops, shrimp and salmon are at their highest levels in the 11 years I have owned this business. Beef for our burgers and chicken prices are also out of sight. Unfortunately, dairy prices are also at all time highs effecting many things we serve here including ice cream. In fact, we just received our second approximately 5% increase form our ice cream supplier in just over 3 months. So I apologize for the pricing issue, but I think that you will find our pricing similar to other restaurants of our type that serve hi-quality food.

Thank you again for taking the time to write such a nice review.

Reviewed July 20, 2014

Today my daughter and I enjoyed a wonderful dinner at JT's. It was very busy when we arrived but we walked up to the counter and were greeted by a very friendly worker who took our order promptly. I ordered the crab cakes dinner that was served over a generous amount of rice pilaf and side of coleslaw---it was very delicious!! My daughter ordered the chicken fingers and french fries. She was very satisfied with the quality and quantity of her meal. Our meal came out quickly and was delivered to our table by a very pleasant server. The atmosphere of the restaurant is very family-friendly and the restaurant is impeccably clean. Fantastic place to eat in Brewster!

Thank you for visiting us and for your nice and kind words. I'm glad that you enjoyed your visit here and I appreciate the time you took to review us. Your review is greatly appreciated!

Reviewed July 20, 2014

We went here for my son's 4th birthday lunch. It was OK. The kids fish and chips tasted fine. I had the lobster roll, which was average. Hubby's Fried clam sandwich wasn't anything out of the ordinary either. It seems so highly rated yet everything was very expensive for a shack with picnic tables. At least the kids weren't disappointed!

Dear EZTravler:

Thank you for visiting us recently and we appreciate the review. I was disappointed too that you and your husband were not completely satisfied. I don't really know how to respond to your concern as I purchase the best select grade of clams my supplier offers, and we use hard shell claw and knuckle lobster meat with Hellman's mayonnaise with light seasoning for the lobster salad roll. For many years in a row, we have been voted the Best Fried Clams in the annual Best of Edition of Cape Cod Life Magazine. Again, I don't know where exactly we dropped the ball with you and your husband's meal. If you wish to consider giving us another chance, please let us know what specifically we could have done better. We did recently make modifications and a manufacturer change to the batter we had used for over a decade as we have had complaints that the batter was bland. This was a premium batter mix and we are not sure if the manufacturer changed the recipe, but we have just changed manufacturers of this mix to hopefully improve things. Thank you again for your review and for visiting us.

Reviewed July 20, 2014

Well, it's busy but that doesn't ncessarily mean the food is actually worth the visit. Stay for ice cream and skip the food.

Dear Steven:

Thank you for visiting us and although we appreciate constructive criticism, we wish you would have been more specific. What did you not like about whatever you had? If you were not happy with your meal, we would have appreciated the opportunity to make things right for you. We would have been delighted to remake what you ordered or would have made you something else. We are usually busy because we serve good hi quality food here. That's not to say we never make mistakes, we do. However, if it is brought to our attention we bend over backwards to make things right and want to have ALL our customers leave happy. I would appreciate hearing from you on what the specific issue was so I can address it and correct it.

Reviewed July 17, 2014

We have been to J 'Ts several times--it is wonderful-has great seafood---try the baked stuffed cod, the salmon,or anything else--the service is fast and efficient--very clean restaurant with plenty of parking---a must for a good Cape Cod experience!

GNatcape, Owner at JT's Seafood, responded to this reviewResponded July 23, 2014

Thanks for being such a frequent customer and for your kind words and nice review.