“Not a smile in the place”

Brewster's Coffee Shop
Ranked #12 of 42 Restaurants in Brewster
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch
Reviewed August 8, 2010

We stopped in twice during our stay in Brewster, both times the staff was cranky, rudely refusing to serve one table outside because the morning staff came in at "8ish" and until they came in they would have to wait or come inside. (It was 8:05am , there more than enough of them to attend the family of 6 but two of them were busy eating their own breakfast and talking to each other). Then they proceeded to make fun of the family waiting outside loud enough for us to hear them across the room! The food was ok, but we found much nicer people down the road. Not the usual Cape Cod experience

Reviewed November 11, 2009

I idon't remember any problem with cleanliness, and I've been there 3 times in the last 12 months for breakfast. If you have a problem with tables being too close together, this place is not for you.
But it's cozy, friendly, and I've always had an above average breakfast. Nothing extra fancy, reasonable prices, good food and cute, funky decor.

1  Thank MassachusettsBabs
Reviewed October 23, 2009

This is Brewster Coffee Shop, but should be called Brewster Breakfast Dump. There is no 'coffee only' counter just another super-crowded, smell-the-guy's-food-next-to-you, too-many-tables-in-too-small-a-space, small-town breakfast dive. The floors are dirty, it's noisy, and unpleasant. Bugs flying around. Bugs in my coffee, but no offer to take it off the bill. I expected to go into a nice sophisticated coffee shop and order a frozen espresso drink, but was instead waylaid into a dirty breakfast. No good.

Reviewed October 8, 2009

I live in Brewster and usually do not go out to breakfast but when I did recently I went to the Brewster Coffee Shop, a cute restaurant that I drive by frequently and have always wanted to try. We were seated promptly on a Sunday after only waiting a few minutes (5-10) for a table, even though the place seemed super busy. Our waitress was a young, friendly girl who was very happy despite the early hour of the day. The place has an at home feel, it is cute and cozy. Our food came fast, almost right after our drinks. The eggs are fresh, the pancakes are golden brown and the homefries are by far to die for. I was certainly pleased with my meal and so was my husband. I will definitely return if I am ever in need of a delicious breakfast!

1  Thank brewred16
Reviewed July 15, 2009

Went to the Brewster Coffee shop on a recommendation from an Ocean Edge employee. I sat outside in the lovely weather and was able to get breakfast. I got a Celtic Benedict and my girlfriend got a breakfast burrito and the food was absolutely delicious. The waitstaff was great, our Waiter was courteous and made a wonderful Iced Mocha Latte with a heaping amount of whipped cream. I would Recommend!!!