“Julie was great! So was the food! Funky little diner atmosphere.” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Brewster's Coffee Shop

Brewster's Coffee Shop
Ranked #2 of 2 Coffee & Tea in Brewster
Cuisines: American, Cafe
Good for: Families with children, Dining on a budget, Kids
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Breakfast, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Naugatuck, CT
“Julie was great! So was the food! Funky little diner atmosphere.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 16, 2013

As we were leaving the Cape, stopped at Brewster Coffee Shop for breakfast. Julie, our waitress, was full of smiles and great attitude, from the moment we sat down. Love the little diner atmosphere and décor. Wasn't crowded when we went, around 7 AM. Lots of staff there, so I presume they can handle the crowds well when they do arrive.

Husband started off with coffee, which he said was excellent. Topped off throughout meal. He ordered 2 eggs over easy (perfect), sausage (very good) and toast. Julie was attentive and asked if he wanted any jelly to put on toast.

I had a large OJ and it was very refreshing. Ordered the eggs benedict with lobster. Julie knew they did not have lobster available and checked prior to taking the rest of our order that the item would be available for me. That's good service. It was so that's what I had. They use the poaching rings for their benedict. I didn't specify soft or hard poach. What I got was middle, not completely runny and a little hard. That's fine by me, as I don't like too soft, but I suggest if you want soft, you tell them when you order. Hollandaise on the side. I'd rate the combo of lobster, eggs, sauce and english muffin as very good. Needed salt and pepper. The homefries were better than Grumpy's, cut smaller and cooked better. I'd rate them as very good.

BCS could work its way up to excellent with just a little more care put into each dish. A little more spice, even if only salt and pepper, could raise the bar here. But service was excellent. Staff seemed attentive in cleaning up well after customer's left and greeting the locals by name. A visit to BCS was a great way to end our trip.

• Visited June 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

“Excellent breakfast and lunch”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 14, 2013 via mobile

This place is great. They have any thing you can imagine for breakfast. Don't let the lines scare you off, the turn over is fast and the food is worth waiting for. This place gets busy.

Visited June 2013
Central Maine
“Real "Local" Feel With Good Food”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 6, 2013

When we stopped at the Brewster Coffee House for breakfast during a pre-Memorial Day trip to the Cape, we found a place with a real "local" feel to it. The heavy emphasis on the "surfing" decor seemed a bit overdone, but was understandable once we read the notes on the back of the menu. (Fans of the music of The Beach Boys will love it here). The counter-and-stools plus tables arrangement obviously drew local trades-people, retirees and "regulars", at least that's the impression we got from the numerous conversations with restaurant staff we overheard. In general, the food was good and the service was laid-back friendly.
An egg-bacon-and-cheese scramble was very good, but the store-bought-bread/toast served with it was just okay. A Celtic Benedict (roast beef hash, poached eggs and Hollandaise atop a toasted English Muffin was excellent (great hash!!). The home-fried potatoes accompanying both meals were perfectly seasoned with just enough crispy snap to make them great.
We talked about going back for a repeat visit, but just plain ran out of time.... would go back again if/when we're in the area.

• Visited May 2013
Atlanta, Georgia
“Good Old Fashioned Breakfast”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 3, 2013

If you're looking for a good greasy spoon type breakfast, this is your place. Great food, cute atmosphere and good service. We loved having breakfast here! They do not accept Amex which was disappointing, but everything else was awesome!

Visited May 2013
Boston, Massachusetts
“Great breakfast...”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 15, 2013

My husband and I stopped in for breakfast this past weekend. A great find, I got the corn beef and hash omelet with homefries, my husband got eggs and bacon. Nothing fancy just real honest to goodness cooking and great staff. stop in...you will not be disapointed.

• Visited April 2013