“Good food, small drink glasses”

Brewster Inn & Chowder House
Ranked #18 of 42 Restaurants in Brewster
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner
Reviewed August 13, 2014

Party of 6 (we were able to make a reservation) for dinner. We ordered drinks, our only complaint was the wine glasses, and martini glasses (5 oz) were filled to the top, but extremely small.
We had oysters, clams, triple play, beef a roni soup and chowder were all great apps.
Dinners we had seafood alfredo, roasted chicken, Tavern special, broiled seafood dinner, chicken marsala, all excellent! Service was good and girls were very nice.
Definitely go back

Reviewed August 5, 2014

Seems very local. Good food, lots of character in bar. Great bar attached that has live music - super fun!

Reviewed August 4, 2014

The atmosphere at the Brewster Inn and Chowder House was friendly and welcoming. It was a busy evening but staff promptly showed us to the bar while we waited for a table. Our meals were simple yet satisfying which was exactly what we were after following a long day of travel. My wife's vegetarian meal was particularly tasty so I would give this a strong recommendation for those wanting vegetarian fare.

Reviewed July 31, 2014

Have been going to the Brewster Inn & Chowder House for years and it is one of the few Cape Cod restaurants that has not gone crazy with their pricing. The food is very good with a substantial variety. The service is good as well. The Inn's history is quite interesting and the decor isn't fancy but rather sticks to the style of the house. So many Cape restaurants take advantage of tourists and charge ridiculous prices for food but the Chowder House is proof that it really isn't necessary and it is especially appreciated by those of us who live here year round.

Reviewed July 27, 2014

We arrived and were seated immediately around 6pm on Sunday. The menu has some good choices and there is a daily menu too. I had the seafood medley, and my wife the lazy lobster. We had choice of salad or soup, and a vegetable. I had the salad (very small) and my wife the summer squash which came with several vegetables. In addition I ordered the twice baked potato and my wife had the garlic mash. It was a very good meal and the service was also good. The atmosphere is cozy with an old New England charm..