WINNER WONDERLAND

Brewster Fish House
Ranked #1 of 38 Restaurants in Brewster
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Northport, New York
“very good but long wait”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2014

Small and high quality seafood loved the small menu the stayed right on point with great service get there early place fill up quickly

Visited July 2014

“Blown away by these poor reviews”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2014

We wandered down 6A looking for a nice lunch spot when we came across this place and discovered they were open for lunch. We were very happy about this as it is 1/2 hour or so from our house and they do not take reservations for dinner so we have always decided against making the trek and ending up with no dinner. We are from the Cape and eat a lot of seafood and have family members and neighbors bringing us fresh fish, steamers, littlenecks etc. We ordered off the specials menu; Wellfleet steamers $12 and Sesuit Lobster sliders $18 I think. Then I realized that they offered Stony Island Mussels so we ordered that too. The steamers were outstanding, sweet and as good as I remember eating in a long time. They were good size and a great value. The lobster sliders were very good as well and the fried potatoes (gaufrette?) were outstanding and seasoned perfectly. I have ranted about Stony Island mussels before so whenever we can actually get them we take full advantage. These were wonderful, as always, plump and sweet. The broth for the mussels was happily sopped up with the warm rolls. My wife loved the sangria made with red and white wine, then we split an inexpensive bottle of muscadet that was perfect. Everyone around us, it was busy, seemed to have beautiful plates and looked very happy. It is a tiny place so I understand the "no reservations" policy and I understand why they put a table by the mens room, but I wouldn't want to sit there either. I cannot fathom how the poor reviews previous to ours came about. Everything about the place seemed perfect, the décor, our server, the food, the wine list etc. I think we spent $90 before tip for an app, 2 entrees, a sangria, a bottle of wine and coffee. Maybe not a weekly visit but well worth it. We checked out the dinner menu and we can't wait to go back!

• Visited July 2014
Oslo, Norway
“Nice seafood”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2014 via mobile

We had streamed mussels and fish and chips. The fish and the mussels were good, but the chips both cold and quite boring. Soup with the mussels too salty. All in all not excellent.

Service was great though.

Dennis Port, Massachusetts
“yumm”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 11, 2014

My husband and I went here without the kids of course, and it was very good. I wasn't sure what to order because everything was so fancy. I settled with the cod and was pleased. A cute place and a good atmosphere although a little pricey.

• Visited June 2014
Toronto, Canada
“Great food, good service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2014

The Brewster fish house is an excellent seafood restaurant in the town of Brewster. On our recent visit, we feasted on fresh swordfish and a crab/cod combo, both of which were cooked to perfection. Real good.

Visited July 2014