“Nice seafood”

Brewster Fish House
Ranked #1 of 38 Restaurants in Brewster
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Oslo, Norway
“Nice seafood”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2014 via mobile

We had streamed mussels and fish and chips. The fish and the mussels were good, but the chips both cold and quite boring. Soup with the mussels too salty. All in all not excellent.

Service was great though.

Dennis Port, Massachusetts
“yumm”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 11, 2014

My husband and I went here without the kids of course, and it was very good. I wasn't sure what to order because everything was so fancy. I settled with the cod and was pleased. A cute place and a good atmosphere although a little pricey.

• Visited June 2014
Toronto, Canada
“Great food, good service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2014

The Brewster fish house is an excellent seafood restaurant in the town of Brewster. On our recent visit, we feasted on fresh swordfish and a crab/cod combo, both of which were cooked to perfection. Real good.

Visited July 2014
Buckhorn, Canada
“For a place called "fish house" one would expect better fish...”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 2, 2014

My husband and I came here for dinner after finding the nearby golf club restaurant to be beyond packed. We were hoping the place would live up to its name and provide a variety of seafood options but sadly the menu seemed somewhat limited given the proximity to the coast. We both ordered the cod and had scallops to start. The scallops were kind of squished and a little overdone. The fish was good but a little bland and the sides - potatoes and asparagus were nothing special. The meal was somewhat pricey and I don't think the quality of the cooking lived up to the price point. There were plenty of people in the restaurant but I've had better seafood in the middle of Canada, far from an ocean.
Inside, decor was fairly dated and staff dressed very casually which seemed to be mismatched to the diners who were mainly dressed up.
Meal was close to $90 without alcohol and with only one starter. I don't mind paying that for a good meal, but I've had far better for less. It wasn't bad - it just wasn't that good. We were in the area several days and did not return, nor would we.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank jvive
Houston, Texas
“Dismal”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 30, 2014

Made the mistake of ordering the Cod, after all it is Cape Cod! Oh dear, what a poor and overpriced offering based on a grey and dry piece of 'cod'. Others in my party had other things but we were all left with a feeling that in the early season this place was most definitely 'off' its game, particulalrly for the prices charged!

• Visited May 2014