“A lovely spot to dine!”
Review of Bramble Inn Restaurant - CLOSED

Bramble Inn Restaurant
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed November 5, 2012 via mobile

The Bramble Inn is a delightful place to dine with friends for good food and conversation. The early dining specials are definitely worthooking into!

1  Thank KerryGarber
bramble85, Owner at Bramble Inn Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded November 8, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to write. I'm delighted that you enjoyed your evening at The Bramble.
We had such great response to our "Fall for the Bramble" menu during restaurant week that we decided to continue it. $35 for 3 courses with multiple choices all evening (Saturday until 6PM) is indeed a good deal. Hope to see you in again and remember we are open for a very special Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve and New Year's Eve. Wishing you the happiest of holidays.

Reviewed October 16, 2012

We just returned from a long weekend on Cape Cod. We stayed in the town of Brewster at a Bed & Breakfast just down the street from the Bramble Inn Restaurant. It was Cape Cod Restaurant Week, but we decided to try our luck and were very lucky to get a small table in the bar area. The place was extremely busy, but we were given excellent service by all. Actually, I was amazed how the staff didn't miss a beat under such stressful circumstances.

The food was so good that we returned for dinner the next evening!

I have enjoyed reading the owners response to some of the previous reviewers. Some people are just miserable and have nothing good to say about anything or anybody and as for me I always choose to ingnore what they have to say!

Upon returning to the Cape, we will be back!

1  Thank intothewoods
bramble85, Owner at Bramble Inn Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded October 18, 2012

thank you very much for your kind review. We appreciate it and hope to see you back

Reviewed September 24, 2012

When writing reviews I try very hard to be fair. So in the interest of disclosure I did read the owners nasty response to a bad review and I was horrified. However there were so many great reviews I wanted to give it a try. We went for the early bird dining. We had a five o'clock reservation and we were literally the first customers. If you like old antique homes and furniture you will love this place! It really is charming and lovely on old Rte Six in the lovely town of Brewster. We got water, no lemons, and we were each given one slice of bread? For an appetizer our waitress highly recommended the "daily soup of whim( they call it)" which on this evening was something called Italian mushroom bisque. We both ordered the soup rather than a salad or sorbet. It was okay to me and my husband said it was just all right. I am a soup person and enjoy my soups. It not this one. Despite the fact we were her only customers our waitress with the curly ponytail seemed to disappear. Our waters needed refills,and I could not come close to finishing my soup. Another waitress noticed I had very little of my soup and came over to inquire. Where was our waitress? When she had been told I wanted to pack up my soup and she came to ask if I did not like it. I told her it was just all right. She acted puzzled like packing soup would be problematic. Also I could hear the waitress in the other room asking people where they were from, how long on the Cape etc. Our waitress was not the least bit interested in us instead telling us about her day...stripping her beds and washing her sheets etc. Finally our entrees arrived. I got the Chatham scallops and my husband got the fish stew. My scallops were served over risotto which I did not like and the scallops had no flavor and could have been cooked a tad longer. They were not sweet at all. My husband very much enjoyed his fish stew. Our waters were empty and our waitress again was nowhere to be found. When she finally came I asked if we could have more bread and she said " he got a large crouton with his dinner". What is this bread made of gold or something? Needless to say this waitress quickly was becoming our least favorite??? About this time another couple were seated in our little dining room. As she was explaining that evening's specials she told them about the soup. She said pointing to us that we thought the soup was "Fabulous"!!! Hello? Again most of my dinner was wrapped up...I took two maybe three bites of entire plate. My husband actually heated it up for his lunch a day later and thought it was "Blah"!!! The meal ended with a gelato miniature sundae that was very very good. In conclusion a poor waitress can certainly color One 's perception of a restaurant. We were fortunate to dine in two other fine dining restaurants that week and liked Bramble Inn the least..both food and service. I doubt we would ever return nor could we recommend this place to friends. While they have enjoyed some awards and received many fine reviews you have to constantly be on your toes and constantly strive to be the best! They have to be able to acknowledge negative reviews in a positive way..seeing if there could possibly be room for improvement.

3  Thank Helsbabe
bramble85, Owner at Bramble Inn Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded September 26, 2012

Thank you for coming in for our ealry dining special. I am so diappointed that you were unhappy with your experience here. we do try very hard to make everyone's time with us enjoyable. I have printed and posted your review for my staff and will discuss each negative aspect of it with them to see if we can't address each thing you found not to your liking starting with empty water, not enough bread and a disinterested wait person. We are generallly applauded for our knowledgeable friendly staff. I can't imnagine any of them declining to bring more bread or mentioning a crouton in the stew as being enogh. I am horrified and will certainly put a stop to it! As we have several servers with curly ponytails I am at a loss as to who the offender is, but a stern reprimand to all hopefully will sharpen everyone up. As to the food, The soup was well loved by everyone who ordered it, so I am surprised that it wasn't to your liking. I am sorry. Our scallops come in daily from Chatham fish and lobster and again, are generally well liked when ordered. Since they are wild caught, I can't alter their natural flavor if you found them not sweet enough. We try to keep the preparation simple to let the taste of the shellfish shine through.
Once again, I thank you for taking the time to write and express your opinion. I'm sorry you won't be back, we take all legitimate reviews to heart and will strive even harder to make this the special place it is.

Reviewed September 10, 2012

I came to the Bramble Inn for dinner with a friend after becoming curious, as I've driven by it many times but never bothered to stop. The atmosphere was brilliant and unique, and the wait staff was incredibly accommodating. I chose the Lobster and Chicken dish, however, and was unpleasantly surprised. The meat and mashed potatoes were rather bland and as an angry reviewer below noted, the chicken was a bit dry. Great presentation, but not so great quality. While on the topic though, let me just make this comment: angry reviews are never fun, but the owner of the Bramble Inn's response was less than commendable. Perhaps as the owner you should focus on taking in criticism and seeing what you can do to improve your restaurant, rather than lashing out rudely at dissatisfied customers and telling them to go eat at McDonald's. It is unprofessional (especially for such a high-class establishment) and quite frankly, a turn off to customers like me who would like to give the Bramble Inn a [second] shot, but then see responses like that.

9  Thank Joe D
Reviewed September 9, 2012

Outstanding food and service! This is fine dining in an adorable Inn. We had the scallops which were cooked to perfection ... the halibut was served in a light sauce and was out of this world. Save room for desert ... we recommend the brownie sundae. You won't be disappointed!

bramble85, Owner at Bramble Inn Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded September 11, 2012

Thank you for your kind review. We are delighted that you enjoyed your evening with us and it ended on such a happy note...the turtle sundae. Our baker Pam does a wonderful job with all our house made desserts. Some of our regular clientele come in occasionally just for dessert and coffee.