“Long lines, good food.”
Review of jo mamas new york bagels - CLOSED

jo mamas new york bagels
Description: Vegetarian, Vegan, Bagels, Smoothies, Soup. Lunch and breakfast
Description: Vegetarian, Vegan, Bagels, Smoothies, Soup. Lunch and breakfast
Reviewed August 21, 2013

Great place for breakfast bagels, lattes and great sandwiches to take out or eat at outdoor picnic tables. A few indoor tables too. Long lines at peak times, so be prepared. Cute, upper end gift shop attached.

Reviewed August 19, 2013

Agree with other reviews that bagels, smoothies and coffee are up to scratch, but apart from a few sandwiches, nothing else on menu, which is fine for breakfast. A number of staff members appeared inexperienced, which would explain slow service at peak times. We were there at 12.15 pm and there was a short queue.

I will go there again, but if I see a long queue will not wait.

Reviewed August 12, 2013

Service extremely slow and rude. My over-toasted (burned black) bagels were ready before my coffee drinks. Coffee girls were serving people who were behind me in line before starting my drink. I mentioned that I hadn't received my espresso drinks and she barely acknowledged me. Then she literally went into slow motion when making my drink as an apparent punishment for bothering her. Thinking this was a result of me not writing a tip on the charge receipt when I pre-paid at the counter as the cashier stared at the receipt and frowned (I always tip in cash) or perhaps just lazy rudeness. In any event I will not return and will caution those visiting or renting my Brewster property.

Reviewed August 9, 2013

We stayed at the Ocean Edge resort and just popped in for a look and we weren't disappointed. They do incredible bagels, with huge fillings that taste superb and pretty good value. Sandwich and paninis are awesome as well, a wide variety and lots to choose from. Smoothies are lovely and all of it is excellent value. You have to visit, it's the dogs you know what

Reviewed August 5, 2013

We stayed at the Ocean Edge and had three bagel breakfasts at Jo mamas during our week in Brewster. As NYers, we are bagel people so I was skeptical that these bagels would be any good, I was glad to be wrong! They have good bagels and spreads at Jo mamas. It's not much else though, expensive yogurt parfaits and smoothies (we didn't have any smoothies). It's mostly just bagels. One morning we had egg sandwiches, they don't make the eggs fresh, they microwave pre-cooked patties, so I would skip this if it's an egg breakfast your looking for. (Try the Brewster Coffee Shop down the road for eggs and pancakes.) The coffee is very good at Jo's and the covered deck area is perfect to enjoy your bagel. The morning we got the egg sandwiches was more expensive than it was worth, however, for a bagel and smear we'd return to Jo mamas.

1  Thank RASG