The Mansion at Ocean Edge Resort & Golf Club
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Brewster
Reviewed July 10, 2014

My husband and I fell in love with Ocean Edge the minute we stepped through the patio doors of the Mansion lobby and saw the breathtaking backdrop of the ocean! We loved our experience here so much we got married at the resort! Nearly a year later every guest of ours can't stop raving to us about how impressive everything was. Every staff member was very friendly and accommodating and made each guest feel special. The food is delicious and there are a number of different places you can go to eat depending on your mood. Our favorite place to go in the late afternoon for apps/drinks is the Terrace which gives you that beautiful backdrop of the ocean and a unique cape cod paradise feel. Outstanding customer service! The mansion side rooms are exquisite and very comfortable! The resort also has different activities--tennis, golf, lounging by the pool or beach. The beach is beautiful and the water is warm and calm. There are even beach staff members who will set up a resort umbrella and chair for you-and someone who will offer you a frozen drink! Ocean Edge has given us many unforgettable memories with friends and family-truly an exceptional experience. We can't rave enough about this place. We go back each summer and fall more in love with it! Highly recommended for your wedding--shout out to Rita K, our wedding coordinator who is AMAZING and made sure everything was flawless! Also highly recommended for lunch, dinner, weekend or weekday stay! A must-see and a must-stay if you're in the area.

• Stayed: July 2014
2  Thank Jacquelyn C

Reviewed July 10, 2014

My wife and I stated at the Mansion over 4th of July weekend. The scenery was picturesque: the complex is on a nice plot of land, and facilities indoor and out are well-maintained. The food varied — I had good experiences with the downstairs pub in the Mansion, but so-so experiences in the restaurant on the golf course. Much of the staff appears to be from co-op/internship programs from Europe, which means that sometimes you have great assistance that goes way out of the way, but sometimes there’s either a language barrier or the person sticks strictly to the book.

The amenities are truly outstanding - there is a very nice outdoor pool and hot tub near the Mansion and a picturesque beach with free chairs and umbrellas and full bar service. It had a very country club-like feel.

My only major complaint with the property was the thin walls on the hotel rooms. The rooms were beautiful, but at 6 in the morning I could hear the children of the family adjoining my room loud and clear. It served as a sort of wake up alarm for us, which was a bit irritating.

So, overall, I would come back, but I would try to do it at a time that is not so family-heavy.

Room Tip: Try to get a room on the second floor facing the ocean -- not only would you avoid hearing the peopl...
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Nexus0204
Reviewed July 8, 2014

In May myself and my friend were fortunate enough to have booked and stayed at The Mansion at Ocean Edge Resort & Golf Club. On approaching the hotel I knew we were going to experience something special. The staff were so warm and friendly throughout. We immediately felt immersed in all the luxury The Mansion has to offer. The rooms are beautifully decorated the bed linen ... pure luxury! It has to be said that, the beach offers a calm tranquility that I have only ever dreamed of. So wonderful was our experience, that we extended our stay. I will definitely be going back to The Mansion.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 7, 2014

Stayed for a whole week in the condos on site. Loved the location, very close to the beach. Staff was very friendly and attentive. Quiet in the condos and relaxing. Clean rooms with nice beds and bathrooms. Even had a fridge stocked with staples when we arrived. Do not however expect a view of the ocean from your room. I believe only one condo has a view. View was not a concern for me as it was easy to get to the beach. Nice view from the Ocean Terrace restaurant though as well as some awesome Mohitos!

A bit pricey, but you are paying for the location. Liked also that they did not nickel and dime you for your beach chairs and umbrella (no charge). I would definately recommend this hotel!

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed July 3, 2014

Ocean Edge has the only Nicklaus Design golf course on the Cape and as it is only open to resort guests (not all private condo rental in the Village will give you access to the golf, due to recent policy change), it is well worth the cost of the resort, especially during shoulder-season. The accommodation is first rate and service was wonderful. Rooms are spacious. A King-bed+Queen-sofabed room has enough room for another roll-away bed. The buffet breakfast is excellent at $18 ($10 for kids) - makes you forget about going to Grumpy's up the road. The private beach was actually very crowded while the pools were more quiet on this last weekend of June. Attendants on the beach were all very helpful, providing umbrella and lounge chair set-up. There is even beverage and light meal service right on the beach now; a welcomed addition. At sunset, the Terrace restaurant/bar is the place to be. But yes, the golfing is great, especially for the twilight rate of $89, which starts at 3pm.

Room Tip: The Mansion rooms (east or west wing) are spacious; and some of the first floor rooms have a walk-ou...
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank Douglas L
Reviewed July 3, 2014

We were married June 2014. Booked Ocean Edge for my wedding because of Rita ! She is amazing!! Her excellent personality shines!! She has great response time to all crazy bride questions ..all 10000 of them... responds to emails even when she isn't working and is always happy and positive! Amanda took over part 2 of the planning, fine tuning the menu, bar anything I asked she would do her best to accommodate. The day of she was by my side the entire time making sure everything was perfect. The person who was supposed to marry us we taken to the ER bc of severe illness hours before the wedding and Amanda was ready to start calling in back up. Luckily we got one with no problem.
The grounds are impeccable, the view from the terrace deck for our cocktail hour was amazing. Every piece of food was so tasty with great presentation. It didn't taste like mass produced wedding food. My husband is a very picky eater and they were very accommodating trying to find food for him to eat. He got his own special plate of food for cocktail hour :) There were so many people working to make your day so special you felt like you were the only person getting married there even though you were not.
These people work their tails off. I always say.. its so hard to find people that do their jobs well these days.. every person at Ocean Edge did their jobs 150%
Even the 2 times we ate at Bayzos.. the manager checked in with us to make sure we were happy with our food and experience... The head sales manager even came to the cocktail hour on his way out for the night and asked me if I was happy with everything so far you NEVER see this...
We stayed in the Mansion.. King room.. I did NOT want to leave.. this room is amazing and so clean, spacious and tastefully decorated I do wish you could see the ocean from the room but the room is so great, it makes up for it. Plenty of room to get ready for the wedding. When we came back to the room after the wedding was over - the top of our cake was in a box, a bottle of champagne and strawberries with different dipping sauces were set out on the ottoman. Such a nice personal touch. Ocean Edge is worth every penny!
We were all depressed when we left and wanted to do it again the next weekend.
You will not be sorry if you use Ocean Edge. Rita and Amanda will make sure its perfect.
We cant wait to go back and stay there for our 1st anniversary!!!!

Room Tip: All rooms have been redone and are beautiful. Our favorite is the King.. w the couch and dressing ar...
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank kabbygirl
Reviewed July 1, 2014

Booked ocean edge for a short overnight birthday celebration and was extremely pleased. From the moment we arrived we felt relaxed and pampered. Jade at the front desk was full of information with what the resort and surrounding area had to offer. Sean Sullivan, the manger on duty, was welcoming and made sure we had everything we needed for our stay. The attention to detail from the bar staff at ocean terrace to upper management really makes this
four diamond resort shine!

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Brewster
Crowne Pointe Historic Inn & Spa
Bayside Resort Hotel
Bayside Resort Hotel
#2 of 20 in West Yarmouth
The Villages at Ocean Edge Resort & Golf Club

Been to The Mansion at Ocean Edge Resort & Golf Club? Share your experiences!