“Great service, friendly staff”

The Mansion at Ocean Edge Resort & Golf Club
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Brewster
Reviewed May 19, 2014

My husband and I stayed here for our 2nd anniversary and our first impression when we checked in made me think we were going to have a bad experience. The first woman who checked us in she had an accent was very sweet and informative, but when I asked her a question about our room the other woman put her two sense in and gave me a huge attitude out of no where. No I wasn't happy. The next day my husband and I went around to explore and when we went to the terrace bar outside Adam was absolutely great! He made my overall impression of the place change completely, he even went to the kitchen to get me fresh cut strawberries for my drink! Absolutely great service, Marjorie was also working with him and she had a great attitude about helping guests there, they were both friendly with everyone. We then went to the pub downstairs and Annie is fabulous she loves what she does and made us continue laughing. We ended up going to the beach then when we were finished went back to eat at the terrace which the food was delicious and then went back to the pub where we then met Steve, Pete, Andrew and Ted which I have to say they are such an amazing staff because they were so friendly they made my husband and I have such an amazing time, we cannot wait to go back! I definitely recommend staying here!

• Stayed: May 2014
1  Thank Jackie_Eck

Reviewed May 18, 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for our 5th anniversary and it was wonderful. They allowed us to reschedule when we were sick and then upgraded our rooms. The rooms on the mansion side have been recently renovated and they are gorgeous and comfortable. We had a private patio, the bathroom was large and modern, and the bed was super comfortable. The beach is large and beautiful and they have a huge indoor pool and hottub. There is a pub/restaurant as well as a beautiful outdoor bar/dining area on the terrace. We can't wait to hopefully go back someday! The only advice I have is to not waste money on the buffet brunch. Otherwise, it's a truly lovely place to relax on the cape with great service!

• Stayed: May 2014
2  Thank LaraJoy
Reviewed May 15, 2014

We stayed for 5 days in early May. The room was excellent. Nice size and worked well for having my sons travel cot placed so we could still hang out in the evening in the sofa area without disturbing him. No noise from other guests. Bed was very comfy.

We went on the beach one day which was beautiful. Also the outdoor and indoor pools which were both nice although pool towels could be replaced as they were a little old.

We didn't ever eat breakfast at the hotel as there are so many great options close by. We also didn't eat any meals at the restaurants...again there are lots of great options locally.

My one complaint is that they don't offer room service until the 'season' starts in late May.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank jiebe
Reviewed May 14, 2014 via mobile

Great memories for a lifetime! We had two villas near the beach and a few rooms in the Mansion for those who needed to retreat. The property was beautiful down to the last detail. A lovely heated outdoor pool was the scene of fun and relaxation for the entire family. The indoor pool a blast. Our private dinner celebration was in a comfortable room with a terrace with aview of the bay. The food and service were excellent. The staff was attentive and superior throughout the planning and our stay. The private beach is a Cape Cod gem. This was totally the right choice for our extended family.

Stayed: May 2014
1  Thank Meredith M
Reviewed May 14, 2014

Ideal resort for relaxing and enjoying a week end in the tranquility of Cape Cod.
Rooms are spacious, luxurious and well furnished.
The golf course in the property is outstanding!
However, in such an upscale hotel, I was deceived by the food in both the pub located in the mansion and The Linx bar at the golf. I must confess that I'm demanding, but I really did not like anything I had. Breakfast is good, though!
We had our room serviced at 5 pm (!!) which is also not acceptable in such a great place.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank Ric64
Reviewed May 14, 2014

The Barnstable County Fire Chiefs Association hosted a two day training seminar for 210 firefighters from across the New England region on May 2 and 3, 2014 at the Ocean Edge Resort. From the start it was extremely apparent the professional event coordinators were incredibly dedicated to ensuring our program would be a successful venture through their detailed efforts of pre-event planning in the areas of menu selection, audio/visual requirements, vendor needs, room coordination, and other miscellaneous logistical issues that were identified early on. During the training session the resort staff was attentive, friendly, and responsive to the needs of our large group. In addition, the assignment of an event planner and audio/visual staff member to us for the entire program was a key factor in a successful event and the rave reviews the program and the resort received from the attendees. Based on our experience and knowledge of the area the Barnstable County Fire Chiefs Association highly recommends the Ocean Edge Resort as a destination venue for not only large events such as conferences, training programs, weddings, or retirements but also just for that special weekend getaway or Cape Cod family vacation.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Robert M
Reviewed May 5, 2014

A few of my high school girl friends and I had been looking forward to our weekend away for several weeks. We were paying $245 per night for our Deluxe rooms in The Mansion, with the understanding that we were expected to pay an additional $25 per night "resort fee". This resort fee is my motivation behind choosing to review this hotel. To state the positive first, it was beautiful, our room was gorgeous. Beautifully decorated, very comfortable bed, bright and stylish bathroom. The room was perfect in my opinion (minus the fact that we didn't have any bars of soap when we first got there and my friend wanted to take a shower, and had to wait quite some time for it to show up). The Pub in the mansion had absolutely delicious food, great service and atmosphere. No complaints there. Here is my problem. The website states the Bay Pines outdoor HEATED pool is open starting in April (we were just there this past weekend, May 2 & 3). Along with stating there is snack shack that is also open. Couple of problems there. We were lucky in that the weather was sunny and warm, and were confused as why the pool clearly had not been cleaned. There were lots of leaves, etc..on the bottom of the pool, and a thin layer of "stuff" on top. And it was NOT HEATED, quite the opposite. The snack cabana was not open. And the icing on the cake - they were hosting a fireman's conference that weekend, which was being held in a giant tent just a few feet away from the pool. So, it was very loud since they were lecturing through a microphone, which sounded like a megaphone. Not my idea of "relaxing by the pool" with friends. Also, heading down to the beach, my friend discovered a hut containing the hotel's beach chairs, along the boardwalk, which was unlocked on Friday. It was locked though on Saturday and Sunday (also beautiful days) which I thought was strange. From a guest's perspective, if they are going to require you to pay and extra $25 per night resort fee (on top of the steep room rate), all those amenities need to be made available!! When we mentioned our frustrations at check out, we got an weak apology. It sure would have been nice to have been compensated the resort fee. It would be in your best interest to check with them ahead of time on details like these.

Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends
12  Thank Patricia799
Also consider these accommodations in or near Brewster
Chatham Inn At 359 Main
Pleasant Bay Village
Pleasant Bay Village
#2 of 9 in Chatham
The Villages at Ocean Edge Resort & Golf Club

Been to The Mansion at Ocean Edge Resort & Golf Club? Share your experiences!