“Beautiful resort”

The Mansion at Ocean Edge Resort & Golf Club
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Brewster
Reviewed August 28, 2013

This hotel is lovely in a good location. The grounds are well maintained, and the mansion side is a 5 minute walk to a fantastic beach, where chairs and parasols can be set up for you.

The rooms are spacious and very clean. The Tommy Bahamas toiletries are a v nice touch.
The small patio area at the back of the room where there is a small table and two chairs is a nice place to sit and relax.

Bed is comfortable. Small fridge in room and coffee maker.

The only thing I would say that could make this perfect is that the sound proofing could be better. We could hear the people above us walking around (more like thudding), so make are you have a room on the higher floor.
Also I agree with a previous review on TA. It would be nice to have an adults only pool too, just to have the option of swimming.

Ate at Bayzo pub. Ted and Andrew are friendly and gave us v good advice and tips of our vist to Chatham, Martha's Vineyard, Province Town etc. The food was delicious, well presented, and hot. Good choices too, pork, fish and chips, pizza, salad, mac and cheese, chicken etc.
Good choice of wines and spirits and reasonable prices.

Room Tip: Upper floors on mansion side to avoid hearing people upstairs.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Raven108

Reviewed August 28, 2013

Recently I attended a reception in the carriage room at lovely Ocean Edge resort..a late afternoon cocktail party with light food. I was looking forward to it because I had heard interesting remarks about this resort.
I am sure they were wondering what to do with the food after we left, because most of it was not eaten as it was presented poorly and not in the least bit tasty. The plates of food the wait staff passed around sat in grease and tasted the same. The platters of food seemed to be mainly salami/pepperoni type meats and a few unattractive vegetables. I had none of it...After the event I spoke with several others and they termed the food disgusting....I agreed...inappropriate, unappetizing and of poor quality. Such a lovely place for an event and spoiled by poor quality food. I would hate to pay a lot of money for a wedding reception there. Is it too hard to put out a cheese platter, several dips, some attractive appetizers? I am sure the sponsors paid for just that!

Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank tolle2005
Reviewed August 28, 2013

We stayed in one of the suites on the golf course side. Accomodations were nice. We had come from Martha's Vineyard. When I was planning I thought my family would like Ocean's Edge better. In comparison to MV, everything was spread so far out we had to drive to get anywhere although not very far. There were lots of good places to eat and shop along the way. Were planning to go to Brewster Beach and Ocean Terrace our last day but the weather did not cooperate. The Terrace has an incredible view. Lots of fun activities - smores night was great.

Room Tip: To get to our room, you had to go down 2 sets of stairs giving it a basement feeling. The back side...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 27, 2013

My family had the pleasure of staying at Ocean Edge Resort in July 2013. The resort has a lot to offer, and you will never find yourself, or your kids, without something to do. The club has several pools (indoor and outdoor), tennis, and a beautiful but challenging golf course.
The rooms have recently been remodeled. We found our room to be spacious, with a nice terrace to relax on when our days ended. Comfortable mattresses, and soft pillows for bedding. Our terrace was the perfect place to end our long days.
The staff was beyond friendly. From check in, to bell service, to housekeeping, to the restaurant team, to engineering (plumbing issue quickly resolved), they made me feel that I was truly on vacation. I found it to be one of things that made my stay so nice.
We dined at the on property restaurant, The Ocean Terrace. The restaurant has an open feel, and has a sunset view, with a glimpse of Cape Cod Bay about a mile away. The bar has a vibrant mix of locals, and visitors alike. The crab cake had a nice texture. Service team was extremely friendly and attentive. And I felt totally relaxed, as the cape breeze kept things comfortable.
If you have children, and you want to have a day on your own, I would highly recommend looking into the kids activities. They have a day program at the Kids Clubhouse, and one night a week there is a Kids Night Out (complete with a movie and pizza in the Member’s Building). My 6 year old son had a blast. There’s also family activities each day.
As a guest, you have access to a private beach. With a bar, and the water rolls in at a family friendly wave depth. Umbrellas and beach chairs were available, and the attendants were helpful with all needs. Relaxed, but not informal. The bar had frozen drinks, beer, and wine. They had a beachside menu you could order from.
There is a shuttle that runs between the resort, and the member’s club, where there is additional dining, and amenities (spa, golf club, pools).
If you decide to venture off property, you are a close drive to some great restaurants in Brewster.
We’ve been spoiled forever. I definitely will return to Ocean Edge.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Nick02472
Reviewed August 26, 2013

We just game back from a stay at the new Presidential Bay Collection villas on the mansion side of this resort in Cape Cod. We had stayed in Chatham last year, but like Brewster much better. The villa was steps from the beach and the design was gorgeous! This is a great resort for families -- and you can get right on the Cape Cod Bike Trail from the resort property. Easy drive to other nice beaches (although the resort beach at low tide was like nature's classroom for my kids). Food was excellent at Ocean Terrace (make this the special meal of the trip), and there are other casual spots along 6A for the kids. We don't play golf, but the course is beautiful and seems to be a big draw. I highly recommend this place for families -- or couples who want to bike, play tennis, golf and walk on the beach. Must be really nice in Sept/Oct when the crowds go home...

Room Tip: The PBC villas are expensive but worth it for size and location. The Mansion Rooms are a nice side...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 25, 2013

After several wonderful visits at Ocean Edge we decided to write a review. The property is exquisite, the staff is extremely friendly and helpful and we are already looking forward to our next visit. We would especially like to mention one individual in particular. Sean Sullivan, the senior manager on duty, is exceptionally accommodating.He is welcoming upon our arrival and makes sure we are happy durign our stay. We know you will enjoy your visit to Ocean Edge!

Room Tip: When staying in the mansion choose to stay in an ocean side room.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank amanda f
Reviewed August 23, 2013

Today one of my girlfriends and I decided to have lunch at the Ocean Terrace. We were greeted by very friendly and pleasant staff and where promptly seated. The food was absolutely amazing and prepared beautifully while our waitress Carly was very sweet & diligent. Just when we thought our experience couldn't get better we had the pleasure of meeting the manager Sean Sullivan. We were very impressed by his professionalism and how he took aside time to make sure we where beyond pleased with our stay. We are looking forward to coming back to try dinner on the terrace as Sean suggested. Five stars across the board, HIGHLY recommended.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Brewster
Crowne Pointe Historic Inn & Spa
Bayside Resort Hotel
Bayside Resort Hotel
#2 of 20 in West Yarmouth
The Villages at Ocean Edge Resort & Golf Club

Been to The Mansion at Ocean Edge Resort & Golf Club? Share your experiences!