“Wonderful Stay”

Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Brewster
Dedham, Massachusetts
“Wonderful Stay”
Reviewed October 4, 2012

I stayed here back about 8-10 years ago and swore I would never go back, however I recently had to attend a conference here and my company paid, so I decided to give it another try.
Wow! I am so glad I gave it a chance. The property has been obviously transformed in the years since including the service. Now the staff seem to care, even escorting me to my meeting room when I simply asked for directions.Smiles and assistance everywhere I went. The rooms are glorious and seem very new.Congratulations to the new owners or manager...wahtever you have done here has really transformed the place. Keep up the good work. I will be back for sure.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (175)
  • Polish first
Northampton, Massachusetts
Reviewed October 1, 2012

We stayed in a what the resort calls a 'deluxe guest room' with 2 queen beds in the east wing of the mansion. Lovely room - spotless, nicely decorated, comfortable bed/chairs. We received a warm welcome and the staff was very friendly. We were there to attend a wedding held in the Carriage House. Food was incredible, great service at the reception and post wedding late night at Bayzo's pub. Overall a pleasant experience. I felt like I was on a tropical island (not Cape Cod) based on the landscaping, decor, etc (not a criticism, but a notation).

Room Tip: Stay in the mansion or the mansion east or west wing buildings.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 27, 2012

My friend and I were looking forward to staying here for a girls trip, and absolutely loved the pictures we saw online. Unfortunately, the decor was the best part of this hotel. We will absolutely never stay here again, and now refer to bad situations as "it could be worse, like the Ocean Edge experience". Bottom line is the service is absolutely terrible, and we should have trusted the amount of poor reviews we saw on trip advisor before booking.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
3 Thank parmohiogirl
Kingston, New Hampshire
Reviewed September 27, 2012

I stayed at this resort for 2 nights in late Sep. This resort was the host location for a work conference that was going on from Sun to Wed. The Mansion rooms are very big and are very well put together. The private beach access is amazing and the indoor and outdoor pools are great. The problem I had was with the servers in the pub/lounge located on the bottom floor of the Mansion. I found the servers to be somewhat uninterested and they definitely did not go above and beyond to make my party feel welcome. I understand it was a very busy night of watching the Patriots on tv, but our server didn't seem to want to be there. My other issue is the billing systems that the resort uses. I was told by the front desk staff person upon check out that the resort uses 2 different systems. That is why the bill I received was broken down so much. Food, wine, tax and gratuities were all broken down on my statement. I asked the staff person if they could just combine the charges into a total amount for food/beverage, but they were unable to do so. As a business traveler, my Accounting Department will become confused if I submit a bill with all of the charges broken down. Sometimes simpler is better. I hope the Ocean Edge Resort looks at their computer systems and considers making some improvements.

Overall I thought the Resort was very good and I would recommend it to anyone traveling down on the Cape.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
middleboro
Reviewed September 24, 2012

We recently attended a beautiful wedding on the beach at the ocean edge. Check in was very easy and the staff at the front desk were very nice and helpful. We stayed one night in a room in the Britterige Village which was very clean and comfortable. However, we thought it was rather pricey considering your only view were the woods- no ocean to be seen!!! The reception was at the Linx pavilion which was very nice. The appetizers of bacon and scallops and the spinach hor d'oeuvres were very good. However, the main meal was the worst tasting food any of us have ever had!!! We were told there were six weddings that day so it was obvious that our food had been prepared & cooked ahead of time and dried out and they were not able to heat the food up properly.To be fair, the chowder was the only thing edible. The fish and chicken were cold and dry out, you could tell it was not freshly cooked. The salads were wilted and soggy. The rice and veggies were also cold, mushy and disgusting.One of the guests at our table found a bug in the salad. We felt so bad for the bride and groom because we knew they paid alot of money for this meal so nobody said anything to spoil their day.
We can't believe that this food was served as such a nice place. The bride and groom definitely deserve to have their meal expense refunded.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank kodyd9988
New Albany, Ohio
Reviewed September 12, 2012

As of August 25th, 2012 I became the luckiest man in the world because I got to marry my best friend. As if it wasn't enough that she looked absolutely stunning that day, the grounds around the resort were perfectly sculptured, the staff was amazing and more accomodating then we could have hoped for and the carriage house a dream - all in all it equaled a perfect day. We had been planning our wedding from last July on and had worked exclusively with Heather from Ocean Edge as a coordinater for the special day. As I'm sure any couple is that is about to wed, we were nervous and just wanted everything to be perfect.....well we could not have asked for more, Heather went to great lengths to ensure that our day was perfect, she took care of all the little details and fulfilled our every request. It goes without saying that without Heather and without Ocean Edge our day would not be the perfect memory that I will cherish forever. I highly recommend Ocean Edge as a place to get married and even just a place to visit. I know we did not get much time to explore whle we were there, but due to the experience, we will definitely make it a point to go back. Thank you Heather and Ocean Edge!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Acton, Massachusetts, United States
Reviewed September 6, 2012

My Husband and I got married on the beach at Ocean Edge in July! Everything about it was amazing. All the planning went extremely smoothly and our wedding day couldn't be more perfect. Heather Valeri did an amazing job helping me plan every aspect of the day and the staff were always very friendly and helpful. My husband and I, my family and some of our bridal party stayed at Ocean Edge a couple days before the wedding on the Village side. Our room was fantastic and we had a lot of fun the days we were there. We would HIGHLY recommend Ocean Edge to friends or anyone looking to have an event there or even just vacation. We will definitely be back!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Brewster
Crowne Pointe Historic Inn & Spa
Anchor In Hotel
#1 of 22 in Hyannis
Chatham Bars Inn Resort and Spa
Wequassett Resort and Golf Club

Been to The Mansion at Ocean Edge Resort & Golf Club? Share your experiences!