“Nice rooms and great golf course!”

The Mansion at Ocean Edge Resort & Golf Club
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Brewster
Boston, MA
“Nice rooms and great golf course!”
Reviewed May 8, 2012

My wife and I stayed at the Ocean's Edge Mansion for a wedding in early May. The property is really nice and scenic and they did a good job for the wedding. I heard the room's were recently updated and was surprised at how nice they are, with a great bed and layout of the room. I managed to get out on the golf course twice during my stay and enjoyed it very much....definitely one of the nicest courses I have played in the northeast so highly recommend playing a round during your stay! The only drawback was the price as even during off-season, the price for the room was not cheap, and doubt I would pay to stay there during peak season when the prices are $400+.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (186)
  • Polish first
The Frozen North -- Please Help Us!
Reviewed April 23, 2012

Wanted a nice beach play/ biking /pool weekend for some family chill time with the eight year old. This was our first trip to Ocean Edge and I loved the serenity of the spot. Was very glad I booked on the mansion side; access to the beach was close and easy. I was promised a nice second floor room in the building with the indoor pool and that's exactly what I got in the "west wing" building. ( As an aside, this was one of the most pleasant phone reservation experiences ever. The phone agent was very helpful. ) These apparently recently renovated rooms are spacious, I loved the decor, bedding, nice little deck. I would not have wanted to be on the ground floor of that building. Very nice bathroom and toiletries. You could happily stay longer in a room this size with a small child. No complaints at all on the room; it was easily one of the nicest hotel rooms I've seen in recent memory and I travel quite a bit.

We enjoyed the bike trail and the indoor pool, though the pool acoustics make it a bit noisy and I suspect this is more a family spot than a couples spot even when it's not vacation week. One afternoon, we biked the rail trail toward Harwich and enjoyed a picnic lunch at a pond after about 3 miles, then biked back. Very nice bike trail and scenery. There are multiple places to grab takeout food right near the hotel. We did not try the hotel breakfast. Ocean terrace bar, sadly, was closed; view looks magnificent.

My only gripe would be that you have to pay for Internet access on top of the $10 per day resort fee. Still, I felt we got what we paid for in terms of convenience to the pool and beach. I am not sure I would be able to like paying in season rates and $20 in season resort fee. But my son is dying to go back.

We had dinner in Bayzo's pub in the hotel; pleasant and reasonable, though service was better on night one than night two. Still, conveient after a long day of play. Do yourself a favor and try the lobster bisque at JT's Seafood next door. Yum! Brewster is a very pretty Cape town; very rural winding roads, you'll enjoy the scenery.

All in all, delighted I chose this relaxing spot and hope we have the chance to return in the off season.

Room Tip: don't think i would choose a villages side room. beach is such a big draw
2 Thank KW_Cpl
Holbrook
Reviewed April 23, 2012

We had the best 3 day stay.The children enjoyed the indoor and outdoor pools but they also had a fun time in the ocean. We stayed on the mansion side in a townhouse that was the perfect beach house just a 2 min. walk to the beach. The food was great, the children had the buffet and myself and my daughter ate of the menu, no complaints here. The second night we had dinner at Links on the golf course. Excellent!! On a overcast day the manager, Mr. Moore suggested going over to Chatham to the downtown shops. He was right,had a fabulous afternoon. The kids didn't partake in the nightly activities as they were wiped out from their busy days. It was nice to know that was an option. I only have one suggestion. While sitting by the pool I noticed the pool manager seemed a little over dressed for the resort atmosphere. I think a long sleeve oxford shirt and wing tips look to uptight for a beach resort.

2 Thank Patty G
Concord, Massachusetts
Reviewed April 20, 2012

My 13 year old son and I just returned from a father/son golf outing to Ocean Edge. I can highly recommend Ocean Edge! OE is centrally-located near the "elbow" of the Cape, which means you're not too far from either the more developed mid-Cape and major towns such as Chatham, or the more rustic outer-Cape and the wonderful National Seashore Beaches in Eastham, Wellfleet, and Truro. And Brewster itself where OE is located is about as pretty as the Cape gets.

Our hotel room was recently updated: very clean and extra-comfy bedding. Amenities are excellent: walk to the beach (Bay side, no waves, great for families with small kids), nice outdoor pool and hot tub, clay tennis courts, and my son and I loved the Jack Nicklaus-designed golf course. Bring your bike or get one from the hotel: OE is also right on the Cape Cod rail trail!

OE does a lot of weddings and you can see why: the view of Cape Cod Bay off the new mansion balcony is drop dead gorgeous at sunset.

Five stars for Ocean Edge! We will be back.

Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Jon S
Boston
Reviewed April 19, 2012

We stayed for 3 nights in the Mansion East and our room was fantastic and appeared all new. The hotel was full with mostly families on Spring break and the staff did a great job of responding to all requests and creating fun things for families to do. They even had the outdoor pool open in April!

2 Thank Paul K
Woods Hole
Reviewed April 19, 2012

My daughter and I checked in for a one night treat during April vacation. The weather was unbelievable, and we were able to take advantage of all of the amenities. Beach, pools (even the outdoor!), fitness club, kids activities.

We stayed in one of the Signature Doubles and the Mansion and the room was beautiful. Definitely one of the nicest I have been in on Cape. Wish there was. Small Keurig in the room instead of Maxwell House coffee. Loved the Tommy Bahama toiletries.

We decided to go to the Restaurant in the Mansion for dinner, and the food was not good. They offered a kids buffet - chicken fingers, spaghetti, broccoli, apples, cookies, etc. but my daughter wanted something off the menu. I ordered chowder and a salad. Her dinner came out, then my chowder (which was cold and I sent back). She finished eating. My chowder never came back. And we waited at least 15 minutes for my dinner. Next time we will go off site. There are many great restaurants within a short distance. I think maybe they were understaffed given the nice weather and # of families taking advantage of the Vacation Special.

That said, we loved the room and that alone will draw us back another time, I think.

• Stayed April 2012
Also consider these accommodations in or near Brewster
Blue Water on the Ocean
Bayside Resort Hotel
Bayside Resort Hotel
#2 of 20 in West Yarmouth
Chatham Bars Inn Resort and Spa

Been to The Mansion at Ocean Edge Resort & Golf Club? Share your experiences!